News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Filip

The standard on the builds on this site is just so incredibly high so it is easy to think that your own work looks really bad.
But all your kind words are really encouraging me to keep on building! :)

Luke51411

1776 effects great multiplex jr and a combo azbache and jmk Christmas compressor

Willypp

Ammocan - DOD compressor on vero, APIS Klon, Madbean Egghead.

Deadastronaut X-fuzz from IvIark's vero.

Brian May Treblebooster, Paulinthelab vero.

duck_arse

Quote from: Willypp on March 01, 2015, 07:37:18 AM
Deadastronaut X-fuzz from IvIark's vero.

wow-ee. that finish will put DA (the other) into orbit when he sees it. please explain.
"Bring on the nonsense".

Willypp

It's a pedal I made as a thank you for a long term former guitar student of mine who still helps out with my concerts and workshops.

Long story short, it's rustoleum x2 applied way too thick that's been laser etched.

diydave

Quoteis it an odd thing, the way many of us aren't proud "because of ...."

well ok then.
I am proud about this one:  8)

It's a zombie chorus, but with jfets instead of opamps for the "dry"-signal. (mn3007 not installed because in use for other project)
Enclosure is also fully home made.

But I admit, seeing al of the semi-pro builds here, it tends under-rate your own work.

Luke51411

That looks great! Very classy. I need to do a folded metal enclosure one of these days...

vigilante397

Quote from: diydave on March 04, 2015, 06:46:17 AM
I am proud about this one:  8)

But I admit, seeing al of the semi-pro builds here, it tends under-rate your own work.

I don't care who you ask, that's a great looking build. If I were to show that to any guitarist I know they would say it's an amazing looking pedal. I have the occasional pedal turn out really nice, but it's definitely hard not to fall into the trap of "Wow, that guy's pedals look amazing. Why do I even bother?" I don't even show my wife other people's pedals anymore because every time I showed her one of pickdropper's creations she would respond with "Why can't your pedals look like that?"

So don't compare your builds to those of others, compare them to actual professional pedals. My pedals are nowhere near as cool as pickdropper or deadastronaut (to name only a couple of the many amazing people here), but my builds still look cooler than anything Boss has ever made 8)
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

duck_arse

yeah, luke, c'mon, you're the last one to start bending.

diyd - wood always classy-fies everything, but, as a fellow woody bender, you needs to gets some sandpaper on those endplates. I use the dressy woods to cover rivet heads. is that a 'U' overplate and a pair of 'U' sideplates? I wish I could bend Al that neat.

"Bring on the nonsense".

Luke51411

Quote from: duck_arse on March 04, 2015, 08:44:16 AM
yeah, luke, c'mon, you're the last one to start bending.

Seriously... It's a shame too as I work in an aircraft maintenance shop... plenty of metalworking equipment. I could probably make an enclosure pretty quick but until I do it's just wasted potential.

~arph

Quote from: Luke51411 on March 04, 2015, 09:01:39 AM
t's a shame too as I work in an aircraft maintenance shop... plenty of metalworking equipment. I could probably make an enclosure pretty quick but until I do it's just wasted potential.

shop? what types of aircraft fit inside your shop? or is it more like a hangar  ;D

Luke51411

Haha yeah it's a hangar. Well several hangars. We work on anything from light business jets and smaller. We also operate a fleet of twin engine prop aircraft as well. Most of the work is on our own aircraft but we have a few maintenance customers as well.

diydave

Thx all. Much appreciated. 
Now I can explain my wife this hobby isn't a complete waiste of time. :D

This was a second attempt at making an enclosure. Taking note about the woodfinish.

Quoteis that a 'U' overplate and a pair of 'U' sideplates?
Yes, it is. Made a small bending-brake out of scrapwood, 2 door hinges, some nuts and bolts and an aluminium L-profile.
The aluminium is 1.5 mm (1/16 inch) thick. Cuts and folds very well.

duck_arse

diy - if you extend the bends on the jax-end side-U's and drill through, you can use the jax to anchor that end of the sides to the top U, and you lose 2 unsightly rivets (maybe not with plastic jax, and I can't see your jack end panel, so I don't know what trix you are doing there).
"Bring on the nonsense".

deadastronaut

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Luke51411

RullyWowr's Super Judge. Unfortunately I did not do the graphics or etch, I traded a member of madbean for a few circuits.

free electron

Revisited version of the NightTrain OD i posted over 7 years ago. Simplified to a 4 transistor circuit (project page). Still one of my favorite OD sounds in a box!

Willypp

Quote from: deadastronaut on March 05, 2015, 12:29:29 PM
Quote from: Willypp on March 01, 2015, 07:37:18 AM

8) 8) 8) nice

(still haven't boxed mine yet.. ::))

Glad you liked it.  Thanks for putting together such a cool small part count project - it ticked a lot of boxes that I needed ticked in a very short time.

vigilante397

Quote from: free electron on March 09, 2015, 03:52:25 AM

OH MY GOODNESS THAT LOOKS SO COOL.

I assume you're aware of this. 8)
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

bean

Haven't posted a build here in a while. Here is a delay!