News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hexjibber

Hi chaps!

First completed build in a while and also a first in the sense that it's my first non-etched pedal!

It's the classic 1776 Multiplex Echo, graphics were designed in Illustrator, printed to laserjet clear decal and then clear coated on top of a yellow powder coated box, pretty striking but I'm really pleased with it and so is my mate who it's for! :)

Pics:

wildebelor

Haven't posted here in a while but thought I would share some work!

I can't think of anything funny just yet.

vigilante397

Quote from: Hexjibber on March 11, 2015, 07:00:59 AM

I've always been a huge fan of your work, and this build does not change that one bit. I will always look at your etches as possibly the best I have ever seen, but I like this one as well because it's nice to see your builds in color ;)
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

Hexjibber

Quote from: vigilante397 on March 11, 2015, 09:51:01 AM
I've always been a huge fan of your work, and this build does not change that one bit. I will always look at your etches as possibly the best I have ever seen, but I like this one as well because it's nice to see your builds in color ;)

Thanks Nathan! Really appreciate the kind words!

bloxstompboxes

Some very cools builds as of late. I especially like the Night Train!

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.

KNA

I haven't posted here for a long time but have kept building and developed my skills. I found a method of using a self adhesive decal in black and white with matt clearcoat on top that I'm pretty happy with, and it keeps me away from the troubles of paint  ;D

This is a Zombie Chorus from tagboardeffects for a friend. The guy in the pic is Christer Pettersson, a pretty famous swede.  

Trophies, swedish hardcore at its best: http://trophies.bandcamp.com/

Pettol

Haha. Nice one KNA. The diode looks almost like... 

Perrow

Quote from: KNA on March 11, 2015, 10:26:33 AM
The guy in the pic is Christer Pettersson, a pretty famous swede.  

... and not in a good way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christer_Pettersson
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

KNA

Yeah, he wasn't the best guy around I guess.

I also did these a while back. Forgot to take gutpics before a gave them away. The left one is a Honeybee OD, the one with green knobs is a Little Angel and the other two are Tenebrion reverbs, all with layouts from tagboardeffects.

Trophies, swedish hardcore at its best: http://trophies.bandcamp.com/

kaycee

Fuzz Factory on tagboard with a viewing window.

Its got a couple of colour changing LED's inside that cycle through out of sync when its powered.

vigilante397

Quote from: kaycee on March 15, 2015, 10:57:17 AM
Fuzz Factory on tagboard with a viewing window.

That is so unbelievably cool. Like I wish there were more words in this language so I could fully express my feelings about this build. Just whoa. :icon_eek:
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

stallik

Just a rehouse of a Maplin Noisegate but I wanted the pot, led and in/ outs to match the layout of the rest of my pedals so had to relocate the rotary switch with flying leads. damn this OCD!

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

momo

Wow man, is that a led under the stargate?
I don't know how it could be done but it would be great to have that water effect wobble under there.
"Alas to those who die with their song still in them."

stallik

No led, the light just catches the white area though sometimes, it does look as if something is about to come through
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

deadastronaut

@kevin, cool build, checked out your YT demo too..(the only demo of this gate btw)

love the slow attack effect...gonna breadboard this when i get time..

how is the gate threshold/fade off?...need a more in depth demo. ;) 8)

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

stallik

Thanks Rob, the gate appears really smooth to my ears with no sudden cut off. I've managed to find the original build sheet with all the info which I'll digitise and post. I don't have a noise problem but like the effect. Will try to get a better demo done but I can promiss that it will contain no good playing and won't be 20mins long ;D

duck_arse

stallik, are we to take it that the next one of those you build will have the stargate itself work the rotary switch?
"Bring on the nonsense".

stallik

;D  printed this image on a piece of acrylic, back illuminated it to try and make it look like the gate turned on with the footswitch. Sort of worked but I decided to shelve the idea and wait for a multiple effect box I'm planning before I do that. Must admit that this theme is getting a bit out of hand. It started with a Zendrive build and I found a yin yang simbol superimposed over the moon, liked it, used it. For subsequent builds, I had to find a circular image with a space theme to get the pedals to match. I'm fast running out of ideas now!

italianguy63

Maybe try backlighting the acrylic with a color changing LED?   :icon_idea:

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

stallik

Quote from: italianguy63 on March 16, 2015, 10:12:57 AM
Maybe try backlighting the acrylic with a color changing LED?   :icon_idea:

MC
Right on the nail Mark. The 2 colours I chose were blue ( the whole disk looks blue) and white ( the watery effect becomes prominent) quite effective, not perfect but it gave me ideas for a future build...