Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

italianguy63

Quote from: midwayfair on March 23, 2015, 10:30:03 AM
Quote from: Cozybuilder on March 23, 2015, 09:49:28 AM

You scare even me ... :)

Russ PMed me yesterday... His secret is he washes the components in really hot water to shrink them.

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

deadastronaut

@marc: nice n full of mojo'ness... 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

italianguy63

Quote from: deadastronaut on March 25, 2015, 07:02:36 AM
@marc: nice n full of mojo'ness... 8)

Very inexpensive, sounds stellar too.. It doesn't get any better.   8)

Russ/Cozy goes small, and I went big.   ;D
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: italianguy63 on March 25, 2015, 12:58:31 AM
Free 3PDT stomp switches I still have 100's of

Let me know where you got this deal! I could use some FREE 3PDTs!!  ;D
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Govmnt_Lacky

EDIT: Duplicate post.
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America

Cozybuilder

"Russ PMed me yesterday... His secret is he washes the components in really hot water to shrink them."

My secret is out. You forgot to mention the part about the hot dryer.
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

~arph

And the glass noodles for wiring

Cozybuilder

Heres my Tycobrahe build- mostly follows the "Retrograde" schematic. This one uses ΒΌ W resistors, and ⅝" square enclosed plastic jacks.

Groovenut

You've got to love obsolete technology.....

vigilante397

• SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

Groovenut

Quote from: Cozybuilder on March 25, 2015, 11:00:41 AM

Sooooo maaaaany wires.....aaaaahhhhhg!

Seriously Cozy, that's insane!
You've got to love obsolete technology.....

garcho

really impressive Cozy! i have a couple questions fer ya:

ever try smd? it's not quite as impossible as it seems, someone like yourself could probably fit a whole pedal on a battery snap, ha!

also, how do you stomp these things on?!?! i guess I'm just a little ham-footed myself. not a criticism, just curious. cheers!
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

Cozybuilder

Thank you.
1- I have a hard enough time seeing 1/8W resistors and caps with 0.1" spacing - building SMD component circuits is of interest but I'll need to retool and get better tweezers (and magnifier.)

2-These really need to be on a pedal board- I'm working on a 2-tier micro board now. This rabbit hole started when someone mentioned the small 9V connectors on BLMS- I had not seen a 1590LB before then. These builds have really evolved from that first one- I try to learn and improve with each one.

wavley

Quote from: Cozybuilder on March 25, 2015, 12:37:07 PM
Thank you.
1- I have a hard enough time seeing 1/8W resistors and caps with 0.1" spacing - building SMD component circuits is of interest but I'll need to retool and get better tweezers (and magnifier.)

2-These really need to be on a pedal board- I'm working on a 2-tier micro board now. This rabbit hole started when someone mentioned the small 9V connectors on BLMS- I had not seen a 1590LB before then. These builds have really evolved from that first one- I try to learn and improve with each one.

When I was a pro audio guy I HATED SMD stuff, but then I got a job building chip and wire http://www.microwaves101.com/encyclopedias/chip-wire-construction stuff under a microscope and now SMD stuff seems giant to me, I regularly solder in 0402 components without a problem, it just takes practice, good tweezers and a good magnifier. 

Of course the stuff I do at home is to relax from work, so through hole only at home!
New and exciting innovations in current technology!

Bone is in the fingers.

EccoHollow Art & Sound

eccohollow.bandcamp.com

midwayfair

My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

bean

Yet another delay. This one came out pretty well despite all the business in the etching.

bluebunny

Very nice, Brian.  Good to see a proper man-size pedal.   ;)
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

italianguy63

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on March 25, 2015, 07:59:02 AM
Quote from: italianguy63 on March 25, 2015, 12:58:31 AM
Free 3PDT stomp switches I still have 100's of

Let me know where you got this deal! I could use some FREE 3PDTs!!  ;D

Seriously Greg.. I did a custom build for a gentleman here on DIY-- for their kid.  They were thankful for the work and gave me 3 boxes of 3PDT's as a thank you... It will take me a long time to work through them...

MC

italianguy63

Quote from: Groovenut on March 25, 2015, 11:08:02 AM
Soooooooooooo kick ass! Mojo up the wazoo!

Law-- it's fun buildin' big clunky stuff sometimes...

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: italianguy63 on March 25, 2015, 06:11:01 PM
Seriously Greg.. I did a custom build for a gentleman here on DIY-- for their kid.  They were thankful for the work and gave me 3 boxes of 3PDT's as a thank you... It will take me a long time to work through them...

Awesome!  ;D