News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serge

Roy, your effects turned out really nice too!  What type of enclosure did you use?  I'm looking for something similar...

Hamfist

Here's an earlier swirl attempt.  This one was a Fuzzrite, but I wasn't quite happy with it, so I'm going to stuff something else in there.  I really liked the metallic orange box from pedalpartsplus, but I screwed up when I drilled the holes for the pots.  So I had to fill them repaint the top.  The 250 Overdrive looks better I think, but this one is still cool.

Processaurus

Love that swirl paint!

This absurd contraption is a stereo panning EA tremolo, with dual LFOs as well, like I tried earlier in this earlier version.  This one differs (and I'm much happier with the sound because of these changes) from the older one in 3 ways:

-I used a dual pot instead of the traditional pan circuit to pan between LFOs (wired like depth/volume control to each one, but opposite sides, one gets bigger as the other gets smaller), this is much better because the summed LFOs keep a constant peak to peak value, and the depth of the effect stays the same as you pan between the LFOs.  Less fiddly than individual depth knobs for the two LFOs.

-Also I used Transmogrifox's elegant and timely ideas about how to greatly increase the depth from the stock EA by substituting a constant current source for the emitter to ground resistor on the main transistor that does the tremming (I think that's what it does).  Thats the little daughter board by the battery.

-Also it uses the panning outputs (now properly able to get nearly on/off) to feed a circuit based loosely on RG Keen's solid state emulation of the old Fender Brownface vibrato, which does a cool panning between treble and bass rather than changing the volume.  It sounds somewhere between a univibe and a tremolo.  What I'm proud of is that the brownface vibrato is stereo, with one side getting brighter as the other gets darker.  Also there is a blend control to blend in the amount of brownness, with the full brown sound on one side and the clean, flat frequency panning of the EA on the other.  That's the strip board thing that's getting lifted up, with all the opamps.

Thanks very much to the help and enthusiasm of Transmogrifox for the REAgenerated Tremolo, and the contributors to the Brownface Vibrato thread, especially RG for his schematic adaptions, and also the Geofex article on panning for fun.  Also Paul Perry for suggesting using a dual pot to pan between LFOs.

The box was powdercoated by a friend that works in a jewelery studio, someone had ordered something in that crazy pink, I stuck some sticker stuff on there to cover up some extra holes, and then woah, it turned into miami vice.  Its got a super pink LED I got overpriced on ebay, but its soo pink.  Looks pretty much the complete opposite of how it sounds, you'd think it was a hyper chorus pedal or 80s thrash distortion by the looks of it :icon_smile:

calculating_infinity

Beautiful work there Processaurus.  When you have time throw up some sound clips!

widdly

looks rad Processaurus, makes me want to tear the sleeves of my t-shirt.  The insides look pretty scary though :o

JoeGuitar

Is there a Dr. in the house   ;D

Joe

hendriko

^looks interesting...what is it?
Gimme gimme shock treatment.

rockgardenlove

A Dr. Boogie!  Pretty common DIY distortion it seems.  Mesa Boogie emulation IIRC.  (Would seem logical too.)

JoeGuitar

A couple more BSIABs.

I gave the first one I made away, so I had to build another one.  One of these is for me and the other one is a suprise for my brother in law.

joe

hendriko

Quote from: rockgardenlove on May 29, 2007, 02:50:58 PM
A Dr. Boogie!  Pretty common DIY distortion it seems.  Mesa Boogie emulation IIRC.  (Would seem logical too.)

haha...sounds kinda obvious, now that you mention it

Gimme gimme shock treatment.

JoeGuitar

I just finished painting my phase 90 - thanks Francesco over at Tonepad for all the info.

If you can't tell, I'm a Van Halen freak!   ;)

Joe

Andre

Finished this one today:

André

choklitlove

Quote from: JoeGuitar on May 19, 2007, 05:50:09 PM

[/td][td]

If you can't tell, I'm a Van Halen freak!   ;)

Joe

hmmm.  i'm curious- are you done with DIY now that you've got everything VH? ;D
my band.                    my DIY page.                    my solo music.

goosonique

OD/Dist with five way selector for three od types and two dist types .....basic diode type selection  :icon_biggrin:

<((one man with courage makes a majority))>

ambulancevoice

^^^ your own design?
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

RaceDriver205

liakos

@ JoeGuitar

what kind of Painting and Decorating do you use?

JoeGuitar

hmmm.  i'm curious- are you done with DIY now that you've got everything VH?
choklitlove - I have another guitar (a 5150, I have the neck & body roughed out so far) in the works & I'm thinking about building a SLP - I finished a SLO clone a few months ago & making cool amps rules  ;)

what kind of Painting and Decorating do you use?
liakos  - to get the lines, I use a few widths of 3m fineline tape.  ie - on the yellow & black I sprayed the yellow, let it dry, then taped it up then sprayed the black, let it dry & peeled the tape off then cleared it. 
For the decals I used PAPILIO decal paper I bought off of eBay.  I found a font I liked then printed it out in reverse.  Then I used a Krylon paint pen I found in the craft section of walmart to fill in the inside of the letters.  (I've used a colored sharpie and Pilot markers as well but the krylon seems to work the best for me.)  After it drys I hit it with some decal bonder - I used testors brand.  After that apply the decal backwards & you have your labels........

Joe

Nikolay

Some from my latest stuff:

And picture Inside:

And programmable amp selector but not finished yet  - Pictures are taken from my GSM:

ambulancevoice

Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money