News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hamfist

Again, using MarkM's PCB layouts.  I love how they're sized to fit nice and tight into a 1590B!!!  I suppose I should do build reports after the next band practice, where I'll have a chance to actually use these through "the big amp". 

Maxon OD808 (the op amp BMP type version) with a outer space bowling ball paintjob.

And a Ross Distortion with a faux marble bathroom sink paintjob.

newbie builder

Great looking builds! Especially love that red bowling ball one- really cool. YeahI think I've heard of that MarkM guy....he's done a nice layout or two :icon_rolleyes:

:icon_wink:  ;D
//

cheeb

I've been a pcb man for all of my DIY time, but this morning I decided to give perf a try and built the NPN Boost.
Definitely won't go perf every time, but it'll be fun every once in a while.

It's a lot darker in real life. Unless you're looking for it, you can't see the seam between the black and the very dark blue.

StephenGiles

I couldn't resist this, from an air display we saw this afternoon near Biggin Hill, a former WW2 airfield. This is a WW2 Spitfire being chased by a Typhoon - thats our Eurofighter!!
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

ambulancevoice

that swirl paintjob is awsome
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

runmikeyrun

Quote from: ambulancevoice on June 02, 2007, 06:26:02 PM
that swirl paintjob is awsome

yeah... how'd ya do that??? 
Bassist for Foul Spirits
Head tinkerer at Torch Effects
Instagram: @torcheffects

Dislikes: old women

ambulancevoice

Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

markm

That swirly paint does look good!  :icon_cool:
What do ya think of the OD808 circuit sound-wise?

markm

I haven't submitted a pic to this thread in a while now so, Here is the Sparkle Drive almost completed.  :icon_neutral:
Along with Tom's book......(GREAT Read!!)

newbie builder

I'm astonished- it's not etched! Looks great (especially on top of such a cool book)!
//

markm

Quote from: newbie builder on June 03, 2007, 06:34:20 PM
I'm astonished- it's not etched!

Nahhh!
Full-Face waterslide decal!

remmelt

On first glance, that pic reminded me of a certain herb that's not exactly legal in various parts of the world...

momo

Quote from: remmelt on June 04, 2007, 05:34:41 AM
On first glance, that pic reminded me of a certain herb that's not exactly legal in various parts of the world...

Of coarse you are talking about Artemisia absinthium!...  can drive you madd!, the rest should be legal!....
"Alas to those who die with their song still in them."

markm

You must be talkin' about that stuff that's used to make left-handed cigarettes.  :icon_eek:

Yun

Quote from: markm on June 04, 2007, 09:33:39 AM

You must be talkin' about that stuff that's used to make left-handed cigarettes.  :icon_eek:

:icon_lol:
"It's Better to live a lie, and forget the past, then to Forget a lie, and live the past"

joelap

Here's a pic of my breadboard I did up with in and out jack wood cemented on, as well as a DC jack and a 3PDT flit switch.  Also a pic of my work area, in a semi-clean condition:

The breadboard has a permanently fixed 2 LEDs: Red indicated power connected, green indicates "effect on".  Also done up is RG's FET matcher and gain calculator for Germanium transistors.  Just hook up a multimeter and drop the transistor on and measure.  I havent tried this out yet, as I'm waiting on a bunch of FETs, but I intend to see how it works sometime soon.
- witty sig -

jonathan perez

cool little work area, i bet you could build a robot.
no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

mattpocket

My work area is normally the bedroom floor... doesnt half kill your knees!

I was working on my HP the other week for an hour or so, I had my guitar strap round my neck, I got up, and my right leg just gave way and I ended up in a pile on the floor after smacking my head on the wardrobe and door! haha The guitar was safe though, thats the main thing! haha

Matt
Built: LofoMofo, Dist+, Active AB Box, GGG 4 Channel Mixer, ROG Omega
On the Bench:Random Number Generator, ROG Multi-face, Speak & Spell
--------------------------------------------
My Pop-Punk Band - www.myspace.com/stashpocket

momo

When I started this obsession about 3 months ago, I was working on my computer table....now, I permanently setup my kitchen table as my official workbench!, no more eating in the kitchen!, my daughter does not mind, she loves watching tv while eating...!
"Alas to those who die with their song still in them."

RickL

My first attempt at this, some of the pictures are pretty rough and they are in no particular order. I think they may quite big so rather than clog this page up I'll just post a link.

http://www3.telus.net/pedals/

Let's try one to see if it works