SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ambulancevoice

Quote from: MarcoMike on June 29, 2007, 02:48:31 PM
Here they are: a couple of new builds:
and a humble distortion minus, my least favourite pedal so far... it sounds too harsh! but it gives colour to the pedalboar, so it stays!

try some different clipping diodes/configurations, might make it less harsh

Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

newbie builder

Or maybe try tacking the SWTC on the end of it to kill a bit of the harsh treble?
//

Dragonfly

An oldie but a goodie...I still love the sound of this thing....

The first Cream Pie...

ambulancevoice

what the hell is the cream pie?
.... i mean not what "cream pie" means  ;D i mean, what kind of effect is it?
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

Pushtone

Quote from: ambulancevoice on June 30, 2007, 02:49:04 AM
what the hell is the cream pie?
.... i mean not what "cream pie" means  ;D i mean, what kind of effect is it?

Germanium Booster, original DF design. No longer a posted DIY build.

Hey DF, aren't you just teasing the unfortunate members who missed out on your DIY Cream Pie (you are selling these now, right?)
At least it will be a tease when we all start re-posting our CP builds.  :icon_wink: (no inside pics please).

Seriously, I've been playing it a lot lately with a Fender Blues Jr. and the tone is sublime.
The sound reminds me of my old Music Man RD150 amp that was just too loud when it started to spill over into overdrive.
One of my favorite boosters.

It's time to buy a gun. That's what I've been thinking.
Maybe I can afford one, if I do a little less drinking. - Fred Eaglesmith

newbie builder

Love mine too (mines ugly, I still need to get a pretty box for it, so I'll post a pic of the commercial version that is offered at Tonefactor (which is THE place imho to buy "booteek" pedals))
//

QSQCaito

Not fair you guys do that! hehe... I swear I had my copy of the cream pie.. but I had to format my pc and never imagined this was going to happen too sad :(

EDIT: too sad for me I couldn't experience it. Glad for you DF ;)
D.A.C

petemoore

it sounds too harsh
  A quick fix for about exactly that is bigger diode' capacitor, and an adjustment pot, see AMZ simple mods and tricks.
  I use that knob and this circuit alot.
  There's another one there I tried which works differently very well also, 'tangy bite' IIRC.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

calculating_infinity

Quote from: newbie builder on June 30, 2007, 03:17:06 PM

Love mine too (mines ugly, I still need to get a pretty box for it, so I'll post a pic of the commercial version that is offered at Tonefactor (which is THE place imho to buy "booteek" pedals))

You know I've never bought a boutique pedal but I've been REALLY tempted to buy a AC's Creampie from Tonefactor. 

newbie builder

My suggestion- get one today.

Tonefactor is about to change their pedals from "customshop" as they are now, to making an entire brand (still run by Bra- the owner of tonefactor) called "Mojo Hand." It will be distributed and, as a result, the currently very very low prices they sell for will go up. He still has some of most of those effects left though under the "tone factor" name and current price, so if there was ever a time to get one, now is probably that time.

Tone Factor is really a great place- good customer service and the fastest shipping from any music store I've ever heard of.
//

dstahl

Here's some of my stuff I made over the past few months. At least 1/2 of it would not have been finished without the troubleshooting skills of members on this board.
My Pedal board
Tremolo
Great Cheddar
Soul Bender
TS808
Phase90
Small Clone
Wah (area 51 board, but added UV led and 9v jack)
Russian Big muff

syndromet

My first TS, waiting for a dc jack,  the last LED, some letters and some new knobs. Also need to get it too work, but I haven't had the guts to starting debugging yet.

I add my Kay tremolo/Orange squeezer too, not sure if I have posted it before. Aiming for a reliced look here....
My diy-site: www.syndromet.com

markm

That's quite large!
Love the name of the O/S-Kay......very clever!!  8)

hubble

here is my two builds, (complete builds that is...).  first try was the octavia.  this one gave me a hard time, very messy too.

second complete build was the roger mayer axis fuzz

inside: this is a smaller mxr size enclosure
despite my poor planning for jack/pot location it all fit, took me a while to get it and i had to use tape to cover the mtal pieces

better look

the octavia suffered a bad paint job accident so it looks horrifying, which fits the sound.  the fuzz was fun because i figured out how to use a probe and it was a lot easier trouble shooting

nobody

Here's some builds I've done. All are etched and using BYOC PCBs.

BYOC Ultimate Fuzz

BYOC Tremolo

BYOC Fully-Loaded Chorus. The PNP failed. all those lines are scrapes from the iron when I was ironing it. The holes were already drilled and the etchant got into the inside of the case and started getting really volatile. I think it ate through the thinner parts of the PNP. Regardless, i think it looks kinda cool like this.

JoeGuitar

nobody - that tremolo rules!  8)

caress

i think the vibrachoir is the best looking one!  amazing...

remmelt

+1 on the trem... That is great!

Rmanen

My bass version of the OS

Crap Q pic, made with mobile phone :-X

Peace
Rob

nordine

Quote from: Rmanen on July 03, 2007, 06:01:57 PM
My bass version of the OS

Crap Q pic, made with mobile phone :-X

Peace