Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theundeadelvis

Quote from: royzic on July 07, 2007, 03:38:41 AM

very nice!
can you give more details?

Thanks! Basically, it's a Rebote 2.5 with a few extras. The "long" switch turns the 50k delay pot to 100k for longer (and lower fidelity) delay times. The infinity toggle allows for the layering of repeats, at the max setting, to give you that ambient drone (without going into ear piercing oscillations). The ramp stomp is a momentary that when pressed sends the repeats to max and switches the 15k to a 6.8k to ramp up to killer oscillating chaos until you release. 
If it ain't broke...   ...it will be soon.

RaceDriver205

QuoteAny society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little
security will deserve neither and lose both - Ben Franklin
Amen, how did you do the lettering on that "white rabbit"?

theundeadelvis

Quote from: RaceDriver205 on July 08, 2007, 01:57:24 AM

It's laser printer water slide decals. The entire face is one full size decal done in Microsoft Word.

royzic

QuoteIt's laser printer water slide decals. The entire face is one full size decal done in Microsoft Word

Good job! :icon_cool:

markm

Quote from: theundeadelvis on July 08, 2007, 11:52:53 AM

It's laser printer water slide decals. The entire face is one full size decal done in Microsoft Word.

I've been doing the same thing Decal-wise.....full face works Excellent.
I use Photoshop though.  :D

theundeadelvis

Quote from: markm on July 08, 2007, 03:19:51 PM
Quote from: theundeadelvis on July 08, 2007, 11:52:53 AM

I've been doing the same thing Decal-wise.....full face works Excellent.
I use Photoshop though.  :D

I used Illustrator for a while, but lost it when I got a new laptop (can't open any of those files now  :'( )
I powder coat  using the Craftsman powder coat system, print the water slide decals (from Smallbear) w/my Samsung laser printer, wet the face of the pedal, soak the decal, and slide it on. Then I spray with PlastiKote Super Lacquer clear which is nice b/c it actually dissolves the decal so there are no edges. It dissolves it to the point where I don't have to trim the hole for the switches and pots.

Fuzzy-Train

Well I've certainly been busy. I call this one my TonePad Special. :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

As some of you may know I love the whole multi FX in 1 enclosure idea. So, I made another one... this one was all about modulation, my last one was about Fuzz. It's a Chorus CE-2 with a push pull pot for the depth mod and a vibrato switch, a Rebote 2.5 delay with infinite repeat switch, and a Phase 90 with depth pot. All TonePad layouts and boards... except the delay board. Took a lot of de-bugging because of my inexperience... I had a pad lifted on the CE-2 board :icon_rolleyes:, and the Phase 90's input jack tip and sleeve were mixed up  :icon_rolleyes: :icon_rolleyes: Next pedal I make I'm going Santa Claus on it's ass... I'm making a list and checking it twice. They work wonderfully BTW.

outside:

gut check:

Thanks for your time. And many many thanks to John Lyons for helping me out.
THERE IS NO SIG.

The user formerly known as NoNothing.

Stuff I built!
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w106/Cpt_sergeant/?start=allRandom

widdly

Cool pedal.
You might want to try a few different colour hook up wires.  That one colour offboard wiring must be a nightmare to trace.   :o

sshrugg

Quote from: newbie builder on July 06, 2007, 08:21:34 PM
Love the banana. First thing I thought of was VU and Andy Warhol....

Me too!!  I thought that's what they were going for until I read the post!  A beautiful etch.  One of my favorites.
Built: Fuzz Face, Big Muff Pi (Stock), Distortion + (Germanium and Silicon versions)

Fuzzy-Train

Quote from: widdly on July 09, 2007, 09:22:02 PM
Cool pedal.
You might want to try a few different colour hook up wires.  That one colour offboard wiring must be a nightmare to trace.   :o

Naw... All I need is a bunch of different color sharpies and I just color the wires near the end on both sides. if you look very close at some of the wires you can see the markings.

Thanks for the compliment. :icon_wink:
THERE IS NO SIG.

The user formerly known as NoNothing.

Stuff I built!
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w106/Cpt_sergeant/?start=allRandom

John Lyons

That's some serious wireage there Alex! Glad you got everything worked out and happy.

John

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

RaceDriver205

Beros

Nice wiring, Dragonfly!
Man ska inte ligga med lik

mnordbye

May i suggest we make this topic a Sticky?

Magnus N
General tone addict
Deaf Audio at Facebook

Dragonfly

Quote from: Beros on July 10, 2007, 07:48:07 AM
Nice wiring, Dragonfly!

Thanks...its actually not quite as nice as i like to make them, but it turned out pretty good. It sounds great IMO, and thats whats more important. Its a hybrid fuzz....

Barcode80

Quote from: Dragonfly on July 10, 2007, 11:18:01 AM
Nice wiring, Dragonfly!

Thanks...its actually not quite as nice as i like to make them, but it turned out pretty good. It sounds great IMO, and thats whats more important. Its a hybrid fuzz....
i MUST have details, it sounds amazing!

Dragonfly

Quote from: Barcode80 on July 10, 2007, 12:41:28 PM
Quote from: Dragonfly on July 10, 2007, 11:18:01 AM
Nice wiring, Dragonfly!

i MUST have details, it sounds amazing!

PM'd

Ben N

Don't you have enought to share?   :icon_sad:

Although the pik is probably good enough to reverse (except the pot, but that is guessable), but I am lazy. It does sound great.

Ben
  • SUPPORTER

Dragonfly

Quote from: Ben N on July 10, 2007, 01:00:58 PM
Don't you have enought to share?   :icon_sad:

Although the pik is probably good enough to reverse (except the pot, but that is guessable), but I am lazy. It does sound great.

Ben

its a tweaked silicon/germanium fuzz....no rocket science involved, just good selection of transistors, and a few value changes here and there....