News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beros

Quote from: grrrrrant on July 23, 2007, 03:25:58 AM
I know it's probably nothing to you guys but here's my only build so far.  Talkbox.

What's in it!?
Man ska inte ligga med lik

snoof

remmelt

Quote from: Bornhorst on July 17, 2007, 07:57:52 AM
Quote from: remmelt on July 05, 2007, 09:07:40 AM

Great job here!!!

What brand / type of green LED are you using?
I've been trying to find the same color for one of my builds.
It kind of reminds me of the LEDs on the PlayStation 2...
Thank you!

I got these from Banzai and they're the basic type, 5mm, superbright for the green one, ultrabright for the blue (it has a larger resistor).

I have no idea what brand they are.

big bustle

Quote from: grrrrrant on July 23, 2007, 03:25:58 AM
I know it's probably nothing to you guys but here's my only build so far.  Talkbox.

how did you build this? i'd love to see a gut shot. i've wanted to build one for a while.

what size tubing? what did you use for the tube socket? how is the driver situated in there?

grrrrrant

Well hopefully I'll post some gut shots soon.  I use 1/2" inside diameter 5/8" outside diameter vinyl tubing.  I measured everything out so I did not need a reducer or anything extra to put the tube in place.  It simply plugs right into the opening of the horn driver.  Perfect, snug fit.  It doesn't get any sound bleed.  It's a great pedal so if anyone wants one, let me know!

grrrrrant

Oh! The horn driver is also a very snug fit in the box.  I use JB weld mini glue to secure it to the bottom of the enclosure.

Frankli

Shakal

Frankli, it's beautiful! What is it?

Frankli

Hi Shakal. This pedal is a "tube box project" from one magazine. The sound is great but litle noise. No problems  :icon_cool:

newbie builder

Quote from: Dragonfly on July 21, 2007, 10:44:15 PM
The blue swirl box will be receiving the tagboard guts ! I'll post new pics it as soon as its finished !

AC, those are seriously amazing- really looks great.
//

anchovie

This is a Noisy Cricket driving a 5" speaker inside a lunchbox.

Mickey's nose is the "grit" switch.
Bringing you yesterday's technology tomorrow.

John Lyons

Highway 89/NeoOctavia combo
Colorsound Inductorless Wah
Mosfet Boost
Neovibe

Built by:
Tungngruv and John Lyons

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

momo

Quote from: John Lyons on July 24, 2007, 12:43:05 PM

Highway 89/NeoOctavia combo
Colorsound Inductorless Wah
Mosfet Boost
Neovibe

Built by:
Tungngruv and John Lyons

John, you get my vote for the cleanest looking boxes, inside and out....Id love to see your homemade furniture!!.....plywood must give you rashes if you touch it aay!?
"Alas to those who die with their song still in them."

Pushtone

Quote from: John Lyons on July 24, 2007, 12:43:05 PM

John,

Your PCBs look like they are just floating there. I can't see any method for securing them.
Yet they are so straight and even there must be something holding them in place.

The higher one must be resting on the back of the pots but what is holding them in place?

Dave
It's time to buy a gun. That's what I've been thinking.
Maybe I can afford one, if I do a little less drinking. - Fred Eaglesmith

MetalGod

ok, so confess how you did those swirly boxes - they look f'in amazing!!!  :icon_eek:

JoeGuitar

Quote from: MetalGod on July 24, 2007, 03:37:19 PM
ok, so confess how you did those swirly boxes - they look f'in amazing!!!  :icon_eek:

+1

Dragonfly

I didnt do the swirlies.... I leave that stuff to the pros's...i'll be ordering a bunch more (theyre not cheap, but still reasonable, IMO)...heres the email address if youre interested in getting some...  NightshadeFX@Gmail.com

Also..heres a DIY link if you want to try swirling your own....  http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/swirled.htm

Dave_B

Quote from: Dragonfly on July 24, 2007, 03:55:07 PMAlso..heres a DIY link if you want to try swirling your own....  http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/swirled.htm
Now that is inspiring stuff!
Help build our Wiki!

markm

I recognize that 89 board!

Ben N

Those swirlies are great--hmm, wonder what I could do with a kid's spin-art kit?
  • SUPPORTER