Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duck_arse

it's from the top of an arch?
I had a slight fever

myusernamerulez

Quote from: duck_arse on October 13, 2023, 09:35:00 AMit's from the top of an arch?
more because it was a movie camera brand and also because this term is related to movie projection. Alas, related to the 385 somehow.

stallik

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

duck_arse

isn't keystone a form of optical aberration in lenses as well?
I had a slight fever

myusernamerulez

Quote from: duck_arse on October 15, 2023, 09:25:15 AMisn't keystone a form of optical aberration in lenses as well?
rather how your projected image relates to the original one, when your canvas' plane isn't fully aligned with the projector's plane. at least that's what I refer to, when talking about keystoneing a projected or photographed image

myusernamerulez

Hey folks,
so here's my third build.

When I decided to go for this pedal, I've dreamed up another design. But as time progressed, and I saw some of the extraordinary builds you made, I decided to turn it up to 11.

So this is a pedalpcb Copper Clad, which in turn is a Mythos Pedals Golden Fleece, which in turn has something to do with the Ram's Head Big Muff Pi.

In my build it's called The Gazer, since I can associate from a ram, to its gaze, just before charging at you and also this is a fuzz, so you can play maybe some shoegaze with it as well, and also it must be out of this world...

bluebunny

Please tell me the eyes all move when you stomp on the pedal.
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

myusernamerulez

Quote from: bluebunny on October 17, 2023, 04:22:29 PMPlease tell me the eyes all move when you stomp on the pedal.
of course, these are the usual googly eyes
edit: I've tested it and no, they don't move when I simply use the bypass witch. but they move if the box is being shaken...

bluebunny

Shake that box!  Mount it on springs!  :icon_biggrin:
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

stallik

Built a dummy coil for pickup testing. Handwrapped the coil then went overboard adding a bluetooth amp to make the whole thing wireless. Amp board was £5 from China, plastic & wire from the shed, battery from mother in law's garden ornament.

Though only intended to play sine waves for testing, I'm stunned how good music is reproduced through pickups and amp. It could be used as a handheld effect or, with the power turned up, leave it on its side and walk towards it. Wonder if I can sort a bluetooth transmitter to add to an effects unit....

Beats mowing the lawn  ;)

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

myusernamerulez

Quote from: bluebunny on October 18, 2023, 04:02:15 AMShake that box!  Mount it on springs!  :icon_biggrin:
yes, I was already thinking about implementing an arduino micro and a mini vibra motor to make them move
or to use electromagnets to move them
but it would be easier to just replace the top side of the enclosure with an LCD display

duck_arse

Quote from: myusernamerulez on October 17, 2023, 02:20:52 PMHey folks,
so here's my third build.

When I decided to go for this pedal, I've dreamed up another design. But as time progressed, and I saw some of the extraordinary builds you made, I decided to turn it up to 11.

without springs or motors or shakers - only 9, I'm afraid. with solonoid box banger - 11+.
I had a slight fever

Phend

ToneBender 3-Knob NPN Ge
2N1306 (3) and Ge Diode
All controls work Great
Thanks GGG for the circuit diagram

• SUPPORTER+
You can never know the exact time, you'll always be late.

Phend

Fuzz Face Ge NPN with a Q2 Bias control
Using a template (drill fixture) to locate screw, switch and pot holes.
It is a master that will locate all holes in the 7 effects to be made.
Transistors are OC140
Acrylic cover plates.

• SUPPORTER+

bean

I worked on this one on and off for a few months. It's an analog delay with DM-2 bones but the clock and modulation from the Memory Man, 9v to 15 operation via charge pump. After a lot of tweaking I got it sounding really nice. I also broke a jack just as I was about to put the lid on!

Decided to use some NOS MN3005 rather than the Xvive for extra points.

mozz

Extent of my graphic ability, stickers from china.

• SUPPORTER

Jmariner

A lot of great looking builds, but adding some sound clip links would be way cooler.
I have to accept my limitations with coming here and limited ability to contribute because I am fixated on original designs, and then learning from them to improve my ability and understanding. Hearing clips and referencing the schematics is still extremely helpful and inspirational. I did some searches to see what audio is around for known builds included in this thread.

I have always favored fuzz texture over all others which is strange because I'm primarily a metal player with shredding, arpeggio sweeps and complex, scattering chugged rhythms. With this the case, my knowledge even after going through school is still very limited due to the gap(11 years) from then to now, and not using it or advancing it on my own. With such a strange flavor in mind, I want to develop my own transistor fuzz that I can crush into hard clipping with a high gain op-amp design I slopped together 15 years ago.

Today, I am going to see what happens when I slam a BC549 at the top of it's gain potential with an MPSA13 Darlington in a simple common-emitter arrangement. One step at a time because I know my designs need to become more complex in topology, and being a metal player and instrumentalist, I will undoubtedly have to use hard clipping somewhere in the grand scheme of my long-term goal, but greatly desire starting with an original fuzz ATM.

FiveseveN

New drinking game: take a shot every time Jmariner mentions what he was doing 10+ years ago.
(we're about 15 shots in after 33 posts)
Quote from: R.G. on July 31, 2018, 10:34:30 PMDoes the circuit sound better when oriented to magnetic north under a pyramid?

Phend

X
  • SUPPORTER+

bean

Quote from: Jmariner on December 06, 2023, 10:32:53 AMA lot of great looking builds, but adding some sound clip links would be way cooler.