News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadastronaut

yep..etched, ferric chloride, toner transfer.... 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

rustypinto

Quote from: deadastronaut on February 17, 2024, 10:53:07 AMyep..etched, ferric chloride, toner transfer.... 8)

Looks awesome, nice job.
  • SUPPORTER

bluebunny

Nice, neat job as usual, Rob.  8)
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Phend

EA Tremolo
Thanks GGG and Rob for the schematic.
Basic unit, works great.
Laser top
Solder-able Bread Board.
NP 1uF elec caps
Beginners take note, this is an easy and great build !

• SUPPORTER+
You can never know the exact time, you'll always be late.

rustypinto

Quote from: Phend on February 18, 2024, 12:11:59 PM

So with the added face plate (which looks incredible) thickness, did you make relief holes the size of the potentiometer's washer to be able to use a typical pot-shaft length?
  • SUPPORTER

Phend

Thanks for asking, here is more info
The bottom plate is fluorescent cast acrylic and is 0.100 to 0.120 inch thick.
Green, yellow and red have the best glow effect.
It also scratches easily. So I include a clear acrylic top 0.125 inch thick.
Measuring, for the Tremolo, the bottom and top add up to 0.230 thick.
The screws are #4-40 x 3/8 long SS button heads.
The pots are Alpha Single Gang 16mm Rt-angle PC mount.
Shaft is knurled and is (as measured) is 0.598 inch long. Thread is about 0.270 long. (typical)
From a layout of the BB with its holes, the pots /  sw(s) and the 1590BB box I can locate the holes in the box.
Since I am making seven 1590BB effects I made a master (lasered) template with ALL the holes in it for the 7.
Drill press and vice used to make the holes in the box, first two corner screw holes, tap them, flip template over and attach with two corner screws and then small drill rest of the holes from template.
Tap other two holes and step drill the rest. #9 for the led(s).
I use a 10mm socket (0.582) dia and a 14mm socket (0.802) dia for the pots and FS.
SO the bottom plate has 0.590 +0.006 dia pot holes and 0.809 +0.006 dia FS hole. 
With these hole diameters I can Locate the bottom plate using the sockets as "guides".
This makes the whole assembly to come out near exact and looks neat.
The top plate has 0.630 +0.006 dia pot clearance holes and 0.850 +0.006 FS hole.
(+0.006 is the kerf width the laser beam cuts)
I take my time and double check and use tape on the step drill.
Because I don't want to f up a box.
Knock on my head I haven't done it yet !
The real trick is the Master Template.
I worked all last summer on the seven drawings, plus 2 bigger boxes.
The Tremolo is the last of the seven 1590BB's. See pic.
Woops, Never say last around here !

• SUPPORTER+

rustypinto

Quote from: Phend on February 18, 2024, 01:55:09 PMThe pots are Alpha Single Gang 16mm Rt-angle PC mount.
Shaft is knurled and is (as measured) is 0.598 inch long. Thread is about 0.270 long. (typical)

Cool, thanks. Makes perfect sense.

Nice 3D model, great way to approach the design.
  • SUPPORTER

Toy Sun

Haven't posted anything in a long time. I really want to do a write up of this, for now, just a pic...

rustypinto

Quote from: Toy Sun on February 25, 2024, 04:42:19 AMHaven't posted anything in a long time. I really want to do a write up of this, for now, just a pic...

More acrylic face plates, very nice.

What is the largest unit on the left? Are there two sliders on it?
  • SUPPORTER

Toy Sun

Quote from: rustypinto on February 25, 2024, 10:27:59 AMWhat is the largest unit on the left? Are there two sliders on it?

Riptide spring reverb. This time I used a larger, 3 spring tank from MOD. Sliders for mix and dwell.

rustypinto

Quote from: Toy Sun on February 25, 2024, 01:18:55 PM
Quote from: rustypinto on February 25, 2024, 10:27:59 AMWhat is the largest unit on the left? Are there two sliders on it?

Riptide spring reverb. This time I used a larger, 3 spring tank from MOD. Sliders for mix and dwell.

Doh, I see the label now, had to zoom a bit.

Very cool wave effect on the surface.

How did you make the slider slots? I'm investigating whether I want to use sliders or not with a looper i'm working on.
  • SUPPORTER

Phend

I can see my mistakes.

• SUPPORTER+

Toy Sun

Quote from: rustypinto on February 25, 2024, 01:54:02 PMHow did you make the slider slots? I'm investigating whether I want to use sliders or not with a looper i'm working on.

Note that the front panel is acrylic, not aluminum like a stomp box. I cut all of these with a laser, so all the challenge of having sliders went away. If you are talking about sliders on a hammond box or something, there is no way I'd take that on!

mozz

132 pieces of Analogman's favorite General Electric beano boost germanium transistor. I only broke 1 lead unsoldering them all. 

• SUPPORTER

stallik

My old magnifier lap blew its flourescent tube and I discovered that the daylight tube is no longer available. Replaced the lamp with an LED equivalent. Bigger lens but a higher magnification that the old one so I'll have to get used to that (it's a distance from the work thing- less room to get my iron in)

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

bluebunny

Paul Reed Smith made your desk?  :icon_eek:   How totally cool.   :icon_cool:
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Phend

ColorSound SupaSustain
Thanks GGG for the circuit drawing
Acrylic middle and anti-scratch top plate
2N3409 transistors 280 Hfe and some fish for colorsound
LDR is a CLM6000
Interesting mistake I made and corrected is:
If the CLM6000 diodes leads are flipped, ie diode is wired backwards a great fuzz effect is created, no compression.
Else a great compression is made.
Not sure how long it would run backwards before smokin when wired backwards.

• SUPPORTER+

antonis

Quote from: Phend on March 14, 2024, 03:02:02 PM2N3409 transistors

I presume you must be the only person worldwide owing those paticular transistors.. :icon_wink:

"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

Ben N

Quote from: bluebunny on March 10, 2024, 06:12:33 PMPaul Reed Smith made your desk?  :icon_eek:   How totally cool.   :icon_cool:
It has great tone and plays like buttah!
  • SUPPORTER

duck_arse

how many i's in sensitivity?
I had a slight fever