SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRR

• SUPPORTER

Focalized

Had this box for a while with some other stuff in it. Moved them out and put in a DanElectro French Fries, Eternity Drive and A Cloven Hoof Muff. Sounds great. And is very versatile mixing two or all three at once.

ElectricDruid

I finished my slapback echo:

Details are over on this thread and my website, if you fancy building one.

bluebunny

Neat project, Tom.  I haven't built a thing since the pandemic.  :-\   Perhaps I need to start up again.  With this graphic:

• SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

bluelagoon

Nice graphics on the SlapBack ED, Well done.

Focalized

Desoldering day.
"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

ElectricDruid

How did you do the desoldering?

I recently built up a couple of digital interface boards with tactile buttons read by parallel-to-serial chips and LED outputs fed by serial-to-parallel chips. Of course, only *after* I'd built them, did I discover my obvious screw-up and that the boards were useless.
However, I managed to rescue almost all the parts off them by holding the board upside down with pliers and pointing a heat gun at it. Those same parts got soldered onto the Rev.2 PCB and they all still worked. Ok, some of them don't *look* the tidiest, with blobs of solder melted halfway up the IC legs and stuff, but it saved me a load of cash in parts.

Focalized

Quote from: ElectricDruid on July 30, 2024, 07:14:45 AMHow did you do the desoldering?

They were off one sided veroboards so pretty easy just prying and pulling. And not going to reuse the boards. Solder braid for the ic sockets. Hardware is easy just tapping the part letting the solder fly off. Pcb needs a solder sucker or similar tools. I spent the same amount of time for that pile as I did trying to get a modern Crybaby inductor and Pot out.

ElectricDruid

Quote from: Focalized on July 30, 2024, 08:40:09 AMI spent the same amount of time for that pile as I did trying to get a modern Crybaby inductor and Pot out.

Lol, yep, I bet!!

duck_arse

I made myself a leg-puller recently, so as to remove some diodes from a perf build. was a bit of heavy gauge wire with a small hook one end, and a loop the other. the board goes solder-side up on top a pair of supports, the hook goes over the leg to pull, a stick goes thru the loop, and a lastic band puts both ends of the stick under tension. heat the offending leg until it goes clunk, easy peasy, worked a treat.
"Bring on the nonsense".

Phend

PHASE NINETY
Easy project, using four matched 2N5952.
Added Depth / Width control.
Added FeedBack control using A50K in line with a 12K resistor, (10K distorts).
C50K would be best if you have one, basically just reverses the direction of control.
B50K control would be scrunched to one end, so I used A50K.
Selected resistors and caps for equal values around IC's and JFet's.
Lasered top.

• SUPPORTER+
This is the age of Video Game Induced illiteracy

ElectricDruid

Quote from: Phend on July 30, 2024, 03:40:05 PM
Wow, are those actual single op-amps?!?  :o  I haven't used those in ages, and I'd certainly never use six of them!! Three duals every time.

Nice though, I like it. Good work. 8)

tootsMcgee

Not a pedal, but a used Fender Custom 68 Vibro-Champ reissue. I've been curious for ages what DSP was in it for the digital reverb. Look who we have here...!

(For future viewers if the image breaks: it's a SPIN FV-1)

I've never seen one not in a pedal before so that's interesting. I haven't figured out how it ties into the rest of the amp yet. Fender doesn't want to send out schematics citing safety reasons. I've recapped and modded my other tube amps but go on I suppose. Now I want to trace this out of spite.

Phoenix

Hi everyone, I haven't been around here much in quite a while (health struggles), thought I'd share something.
Sun King silicon fuzz - loosely inspired by Fuzz Face. Feel is input resistance, Grit is bias, Loud is volume. Fuzz and Tone should be self-explanatory. Does everything from classic Jimi with great cleanup through massive doomy sludge and gated, glitchy, velcro, synthy. Also great with bass.
Should've dusted it off better before snapping the photo!

Focalized

Quote from: Phoenix on August 05, 2024, 09:11:19 AM

That's excellent. Show the insides. What is that box with the hex screws or nuts?

ElectricDruid

Quote from: Focalized on August 11, 2024, 06:34:24 PMThat's excellent. Show the insides. What is that box with the hex screws or nuts?
I'm guessing it's a PCB panel screwed to the top of the box for the graphics. PCB-as-front-panel has become quite popular as the range of colours and finishes (and the reliability!) has improved, both for pedals and for Eurorack synth modules in particular. Much cheaper than CNC'd aluminium and screen-printing, at least for small quantities (like "1"!!).

Focalized

Just a boring stock Boss SD-1. Layout I never got to. Sounds better than I thought, nice subtle tone control. Not much boost though.

And a Crybaby 535Q I thought Id try fixing but all SMD, no idea. So I used the best parts and made a decent wah. Easy to try a different inductor if I want. I glued a piece of glass from a necklace where the boost foot switch was and wired the blue LED to light it up, looks cool. 

Matthew Sanford

Quote from: Focalized on August 16, 2024, 06:11:44 PM
I dig the tied-dye ish box on that SD-1, can't help it, just love that tie-dye (or tie-bleach, easier)
"The only knowledge is knowing you know nothing" - that Sew Crates guy

Controlled Chaos Fx

Focalized

Quote from: Matthew Sanford on August 16, 2024, 07:21:51 PMI dig the tied-dye ish box on that SD-1, can't help it, just love that tie-dye (or tie-bleach, easier)

More of a splat finish than a swirl. I should have put the LED in the middle, though.