News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phoenix

Quote from: Focalized on August 11, 2024, 06:34:24 PMThat's excellent. Show the insides. What is that box with the hex screws or nuts?

Whoops, missed your reply until now, guess something with the forum alerts has changed since I was here more regularly.

Anyway, thanks! It's just a regular 125B enclosure, and yes Tom has it right:

Quote from: ElectricDruid on August 11, 2024, 08:09:53 PMI'm guessing it's a PCB panel screwed to the top of the box for the graphics. PCB-as-front-panel has become quite popular as the range of colours and finishes (and the reliability!) has improved, both for pedals and for Eurorack synth modules in particular. Much cheaper than CNC'd aluminium and screen-printing, at least for small quantities (like "1"!!).

The buttonhead Allen screws in the corner keep the panel in place. I drill and tap blind holes in the aluminium. I've seen others use just pot/switch bushings to hold such panels in place, only for the FR4 to warp and "peel up" at the corners or get caught by shoes and snap. Anyway, the bushings on the 9mm pots I use aren't long enough for the thickness of enclosure + panel.

I don't currently have any pics of inside to share, not that there's anything interesting to see IMO. I do have some other projects to share coming up, I'll try and snap some interior photos for those.

Focalized

Shocktave sub octave fuzz.

Acapulco Gold / X-Fuzz

drdn0

Glow in the dark FA1-esque preamp

lars-musik

The 2nd iteration of my 4-in-1 project - a custom build for my guitar teacher - is ready and he even made a video for it. His idea was to have a pedal that works with most amps he'd find in the backline of future gigs. Usually, he uses a Fender Princeton Reverb, so Tremolo, Reverb, Overdrive (and Delay) was on his wishlist for a grab-and-go pedal. The first one I stitched together with PCB I created over the years, 3Verb, Vico Vibe, Jan Ray and Deep Blue (here is the link to the last post). Now I packed it all on one large PCB including relay switches, so the parts can also be remotely switched (Delay and Reverb are in one switching circuit. Turned out great. Now it even sports a battery (it draws a measured 100mA).

bluelagoon

Nice job Lars, I'm sure your guitar teacher was wrapped.
Wondering what type footswitches you used on it, they look momentary, of some kind, how durable are they ?

lars-musik

Quote from: bluelagoon on August 28, 2024, 08:45:20 AMNice job Lars, I'm sure your guitar teacher was wrapped.
Wondering what type footswitches you used on it, they look momentary, of some kind, how durable are they ?

Thanks! They are called "Vandal Protected Switches" (not, that I think Tim is somet kind of a vandal). I found them on ebay as a replacement for those super-expensive Lehle BTN switches. They take up less space than the regular momentary ones. I hope, they will endure what they promised. 

Matthew Sanford

And video!
Not sure why C & Em, got stuck on listening

And ok nasty insides...got pcbs coming to make it easier...

"The only knowledge is knowing you know nothing" - that Sew Crates guy

Controlled Chaos Fx