News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonfly

Quote from: Laika on August 06, 2007, 12:39:30 PM
My Rat, its my first effects build. I used the PnP/etch process (for the first time also) to make the circuit board (tonepad layout) and the rat image and control lettering. I used a hi-intensity 3mm red LED in his eye. For a first attempt/build I'm pretty happy how it turned out and it worked first time I powered it up, sweet!

That could possibly be the BEST "1st effect build" I've ever seen. GREAT work !

michal_k

Barcode80

Quote from: Dragonfly on August 07, 2007, 03:52:13 AM
My Rat, its my first effects build. I used the PnP/etch process (for the first time also) to make the circuit board (tonepad layout) and the rat image and control lettering. I used a hi-intensity 3mm red LED in his eye. For a first attempt/build I'm pretty happy how it turned out and it worked first time I powered it up, sweet!

That could possibly be the BEST "1st effect build" I've ever seen. GREAT work !
i can't seem to see any picture for that post :(

slacker

I had to hit refresh and wait ages for it to appear. It's worth it though, it's a quality first effort, in fact to be honest it's better than any of my efforts  :'(

Barcode80

okay, saw the rat now. DEFINITELY better than any i've done, and REALLY neat on the inside too. makes me angry  ;)

CGDARK

If this is really your first build, it is far beyond of what I have seen here or anywhere (for a first build). I hope that it sounds as good as it looks. Congratulations.

CG

Hanglow

After seeing that first build it almost makes me want to give up  :o

Great effort :D

Laika

Thanks for all the comments on my Rat build people :) ... Yeah it is my first effects build, I didn't rush it and spent lots of time here and on other effects sites trying to learn as much as I could. I had a lot of fun making it and am looking forward to my next build already.

Krinor

Nice Rat!
And also very nice sigar box Ruby on the previous page.  :icon_cool:
Here's my first Ruby. I put it in a very rustic cabinet made from cheap plywood. It sounds great. It's got a 6" speaker.

Barcode80

yeah, i wanted to use a larger speaker, but the only thing i had bigger than that little 2 incher was a 6x9 auto speaker, and i though maybe not a great voicing. although...

JimRayden

Quote from: Barcode80 on August 07, 2007, 01:43:51 PM
yeah, i wanted to use a larger speaker, but the only thing i had bigger than that little 2 incher was a 6x9 auto speaker, and i though maybe not a great voicing. although...

Ahh, but Sammi also makes great guitar speakers, so there's still some mojo to be found in your Ruby. ;)

---------
Jimbo

hubble

VERY nice rat build, i wish i had the patience to get my wiring that neat, i get so frustrated debugging that im just happy it works so i shove it all in, lol

also a very cool looking Ruby amp, im about to build one out of this old speaker cabinet....

remmelt

Wow, that's the cleanest etch I've ever seen! Really nice! Well done. Love the little eye, too.

ambulancevoice

i swear there is no possible way that your rat could be your first build/etch
no way at all
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

Papa_lazerous

Quote from: ambulancevoice on August 08, 2007, 07:40:36 AM
no way at all

I dont see why it couldnt be his first!

I should get roudn to posting my first etch, its of equal quality.  I think people rush on the prep and make poor jobs sometimes.  Its possible to do a good job first time

Mark Hammer

As someone who has worked with several thousand rats for many thousands of hours in his lifetime, I found the inclusion of a little red LED eye priceless.  Just one correction, though.  It is the white rats that have the red eyes, but that's a small quibble. :icon_biggrin:

ambulancevoice

Quote from: Papa_lazerous on August 08, 2007, 05:01:22 PM
no way at all

I should get roudn to posting my first etch, its of equal quality.  I think people rush on the prep and make poor jobs sometimes.  Its possible to do a good job first time

because its soooooo damn unbelievably clean for a first build and etch!!
he had to have practiced or something
but i love it still
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

Shakal

He's just a organized guy. You can do the same... Search for good pedals, see the nice things they have and try to do the same (or better) and see the bad things too, trying not to do it. In the end you have exacly what you have to do, just need to make it real... Well... you need a little practice and time. Try to rush the project is really BAD! I do it all the time! I have no @!#^Y# patience AT ALL! I just hate this word "PATIENCE"! So all I have to do is close my eyes, count to ten, take a breath, calm down and try to do the things right. It works sometimes...

I don't mean to take off the credits of that beautiful job but... If you won't sell your pedals, you don't need that care. It's just for you, if you have the gift to make all neat and clean, do it... But don't be mad with yourself if you don't have it. I made the first box of my first project with papercard (See previous pages) it was AWFUL but I had no money to buy one and I had my project ready to test, so I tought "Why not", now it's in a steel box (made by myself from sheet to box), its not so clean and nice as many others... But it fits my purpose.

Anyways, clean wirings helps a lot when you need to make some repairs or something like that. (Not just seems nice :D )

blues_mang

Here is my current pedalboard. Everything is built by me except for the Boss Tuner, of course.
Signal chain is as follows: Guitar in->loop with tuner mute->Discrete Buffer->Wah->Compressor->AMZ Mosfet Boost->Dual Tubescreamer->Octave Fuzz->Rat->Big Muff->Analog Chorus->Phaser->Tremolo->Digital Delay->Peavey Classic 30. The pedal in the bottom left hand corner is my footswitch for the Classic 30.

-BB
If you ain't gots da blues in yo shoes, then you got a hole in ya soul.

markm

Quote from: Papa_lazerous on August 08, 2007, 05:01:22 PM
no way at all

I don't find it hard to beleive that is his first etch.
Preperation, taking your time, using PNP, having a good mask for the areas not being etched.
This is all stuff that's pretty common sense really. It's when someone rushes to get it done, uses magazine paper, tries masking the
enclosure with a Sharpie or Tape, doesn't have the enclosure sanded well enough.......
Disaster usually rears it's ugly head when one tries to cut corners!