News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smnm

Quote from: darron on October 01, 2007, 05:15:46 AM
i've never seen a tuneomatic bridge strung up that way. were you having strings breaking in the bridge saddles?

... that's a combined bridge and tailpiece, as used on the Les Paul Junior - and here on a Melody Maker I think. Bad for intonation and adjustability, but good for sustain.

darron

Quote from: smnm on October 01, 2007, 09:19:13 AM
Quote from: darron on October 01, 2007, 05:15:46 AM
i've never seen a tuneomatic bridge strung up that way. were you having strings breaking in the bridge saddles?

... that's a combined bridge and tailpiece, as used on the Les Paul Junior - and here on a Melody Maker I think. Bad for intonation and adjustability, but good for sustain.

oh cool. it looked like just the tailpiece end of a regular les paul. i've got much to learn (: thanks
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

atosha

Hi,
long time listener, first time caller.
The photos here are amazing. i got all inspired by the discussions going down here and built my first pedal.
here it is:

ambulancevoice

Quote from: atosha on October 02, 2007, 12:21:31 AM
Hi,
The photos here are amazing. i got all inspired by the discussions going down here and built my first pedal.
here it is:

that rules so much
synth fuzz???
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

darron

Hi,
here it is:

that's awesome! what inspired you to do it in the way that most would consider upside down? the screws add nicely to the grunynes.

petemoore

A1 on the charcoaluminum colored box pattern, very nice.
  Nice skirts placed past edge like 7transistor solid state radio for precise thumb-rest / low-turn-ratio knob adjustments, and neat offset look !!

Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Mark Hammer

Hi,
here it is:
Nice work.  Are the knobs so you can "foot-twiddle" or is it just what you had?
Just a friendly suggestion - you may want to lower the stompswitch if you possibly can.  One of the ways that stompswitches get damaged over time is that they tend to get stepped on "off-axis", placing more lateral pressure and stressing the structure.  That can happen partly because of where they are on the pedal, relative to where you put your foot/heel, but also because of how tall they sit.  The switch is more likely to have foot pressure applied in a nice downward piston motion if it sits low above the top of the chassis.  Obviously there are limits to how low you can sit it without banging up against the underside of the chassis, but sitting it a little lower than shown will probably extend the working life of the switch, especially the feel of it.

ambulancevoice

Quote from: petemoore on October 02, 2007, 06:00:38 AM
  A1 on the charcoaluminum colored box pattern, very nice.

you do realize that its been etched right?

...A1???

Nikolay

my new boxes.
Some are not ready yet but looks like this:

darron

i like that switch on the DI

atosha

Thanks for the sweet words people.
I made the box upside down by mistake. I thought it looked nice that way............
Synth Fuzz: It's a hawaiian  sustain pedal that i made from a jaycar kit. It was crappy so i joined some bits up that i wasnt suppose to join and its this fuzzy beast now. You hit a note and it fuzzes for 1/2 hour. i love it. But whatever i joined has meant that when the pedal is off the sound wont go through so you have to unplug the pedal to get rid of the effect. I dont think i'll be using this onstage.......... oh and thanks Mark for the advice. I didnt even think about the switch and where it sat i just screwed it on. Im still learning at this fun.

darron

Quote from: atosha on October 03, 2007, 07:48:22 PM
I made the box upside down by mistake. I thought it looked nice that way............
Synth Fuzz: It's a hawaiian  sustain pedal that i made from a jaycar kit. It was crappy so i joined some bits up that i wasnt suppose to join and its this fuzzy beast now. You hit a note and it fuzzes for 1/2 hour. i love it. But whatever i joined has meant that when the pedal is off the sound wont go through so you have to unplug the pedal to get rid of the effect. I dont think i'll be using this onstage.......... oh and thanks Mark for the advice. I didnt even think about the switch and where it sat i just screwed it on. Im still learning at this fun.

i'm not sure that i fully understand, but maybe get a momentary dpdt switch to disconnect/reconnect to get that fuzz only when you want it. you can get the from altronics. the upside down etch looks great though! i'll try a similar style one day :D

ambulancevoice

Quote from: atosha on October 03, 2007, 07:48:22 PM

nice, jaycar is my parts store, and ive been looking at that sustain kit for a while now
now i see why everything is mounted where it is

rasco22862

Quote from: Nikolay on October 03, 2007, 09:08:01 AM
my new boxes.

What power supply is that? :icon_eek: I want one!

ambulancevoice

Quote from: rasco22862 on October 03, 2007, 10:19:59 PM
my new boxes.

its probably just some dc jacks and regulators and maybe filter caps

puretube

Quote from: Fuzzy-Train on September 25, 2007, 11:23:01 PM
Quote from: puretube on September 25, 2007, 05:15:35 PM
this larger-than-life painting of:

A BLACK LEFT HANDED GUITARIST ...   

decorated the entrance of a wellknown effects company headquarters,
a few years back...

Definitely worth another quote. Love your choice of colors, it really brings Hendrix to mind. YOu did a bang up job with that one... got anymore you care to share?

sorry, Alex, it wasn`t me...  :icon_redface:

some artist painted that psychedelic Electro-Harmonix entrance lobby a few years back,
when it was still located @ Cooper Square, NYC...  :icon_razz:

CGDARK

Quote from: zeta55 on October 01, 2007, 02:26:40 AM
Here's a vibe pedal I'm still tweaking. I posted a soundsample of it in another thread but here it is again http://download96.mediafire.com/yyzwdzm4dzbg/dznmnsm0fmu/Vibe.mp3
It's been rebuilt a bit sinse I recorded it, I'll post a new one if I decide to keep the changes.

/Krister

Nice looking pedal and have a good sound too.

Good job,

CG ;D

markm

Quote from: puretube on October 04, 2007, 05:54:51 AM
Quote from: Fuzzy-Train on September 25, 2007, 11:23:01 PM
Quote from: puretube on September 25, 2007, 05:15:35 PM
this larger-than-life painting of:

A BLACK LEFT HANDED GUITARIST ...   

decorated the entrance of a wellknown effects company headquarters,
a few years back...

Definitely worth another quote. Love your choice of colors, it really brings Hendrix to mind. YOu did a bang up job with that one... got anymore you care to share?

sorry, Alex, it wasn`t me...  :icon_redface:

some artist painted that psychedelic Electro-Harmonix entrance lobby a few years back,
when it was still located @ Cooper Square, NYC...  :icon_razz:

Either this pic is blurry or it's the tears in my eyes. :icon_lol:

Nikolay

Quote from: ambulancevoice on October 04, 2007, 12:51:16 AM
Quote from: rasco22862 on October 03, 2007, 10:19:59 PM
my new boxes.

its probably just some dc jacks and regulators and maybe filter caps

This is power supply based over one transformer with 5 indipendent oustputs. Every output is filtered and regulated with LM317.
It looks like this inside:

You have 5 ground isolated outputs, and every one output can drive two guitar effects. The latest output is AC for some AC effects like whammy.
This is a picture from bottom side:

I use some smd elements here ;)
PS: This PCB is not ready yet  :icon_rolleyes:

bancika

but whammy eats lots of current, you probably need bigger tranny for it. Anyway, looks great!
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here