News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcode80

waiting on knobs and boost for some reson isn't working yet, but here is my bassdrive 2 clone

Used666

Quote from: MicFarlow77 on October 27, 2007, 01:05:55 PM
Hi All,

Here is my first completed build. I have taken enough of a break from building enclosures to actually build something.

This is my take on Jack Ormans Mini-Booster. Thanks Jack for a super quiet design that is rather versatile.

Because of the need to fit it in a round enclosure. I did my own layout. I'm sure it violates most normal rules for layouts, but it does follow one... IT FITS! It also fired up on the first try... woohoo!

I used PCB material I got from John Lyons which looks really cool. Also got that metal washer for the 3PDT from John as well! Thanks John!

The enclosure is my own of course...  ;D

Orion, our Maine Coon refuses to get out of the way when I want to use that quilt for shooting pic's, so he ends up getting in the shots....

Here's the required gut shot...

Here is the business end...

Next comes paint.... will post followups then.....

Any and all comments welcomed...

Thanks all,

Mick

Where'd you get that enclosure?  :icon_razz:

theundeadelvis

It looks like the ones that one of our fellow forumites sells. I can't remember his name though.

Edit* I think his name is Mick.
If it ain't broke...   ...it will be soon.

stumper1

Finally painted a box for the Highway 89 I built a while back.  The color is called "Irredescent Brite Red".....looks pink to me :-\.

In honor of Halloween, here's a modified VLOD....

And a "Sparklescent (changes color) Purple" S.O.S. .....

...and I'm finally building a Rangemaster 8)
Deric®

darron

Quote from: stumper1 on October 28, 2007, 12:23:00 AM
Finally painted a box for the Highway 89 I built a while back.  The color is called "Irredescent Brite Red".....looks pink to me :-\.

In honor of Halloween, here's a modified VLOD....

And a "Sparklescent (changes color) Purple" S.O.S. .....

...and I'm finally building a Rangemaster 8)

really like the orange one. seems almost perfect. how did you mount the led?
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

stumper1

To mount LEDs, I just drill a hole and push 'em in. ;)
Deric®

darron

Quote from: stumper1 on October 28, 2007, 12:33:33 AM
To mount LEDs, I just drill a hole and push 'em in. ;)

simple! thanks (:
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

MicFarlow77

Quote from: Used666 on October 27, 2007, 10:54:03 PM
Where'd you get that enclosure?  :icon_razz:

Hey Used...

I built it. It's a 4" round enclosure that is about an inch and a half tall so as to accomodate the 3PDT...

Thanks,

Mick
Quote from: theundeadelvis on October 27, 2007, 11:17:29 PM
It looks like the ones that one of our fellow forumites sells. I can't remember his name though.

Edit* I think his name is Mick.

You Sir, would be most correct!

Thanks,

Mick

trendyironicname

Better pictures soon.
It's due a new metal strip (scratched it up before I realized what I was doing) and decals and clear coat.
There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Auke Haarsma

Quote from: MicFarlow77 on October 27, 2007, 01:05:55 PM
Hi All,

Here is my first completed build. I have taken enough of a break from building enclosures to actually build something.

This is my take on Jack Ormans Mini-Booster. Thanks Jack for a super quiet design that is rather versatile.

Because of the need to fit it in a round enclosure. I did my own layout. I'm sure it violates most normal rules for layouts, but it does follow one... IT FITS! It also fired up on the first try... woohoo!

I used PCB material I got from John Lyons which looks really cool. Also got that metal washer for the 3PDT from John as well! Thanks John!

The enclosure is my own of course...  ;D

Orion, our Maine Coon refuses to get out of the way when I want to use that quilt for shooting pic's, so he ends up getting in the shots....

Here's the required gut shot...

Here is the business end...

Next comes paint.... will post followups then.....

Any and all comments welcomed...

Thanks all,

Mick

I like it a LOT as it is. I wouldn't put paint on it. maybe a little clearcoat and some small decals. It is stylish as clean as it is now! Good job.

yertle

Quote from: ~arph on October 26, 2007, 05:52:07 AM
Thanks for reminding me I really need a decent camera. That picture is great!
Compared to my camera phone:

This btw is a mockup for a tremolo I'm building (it has something special going on with the enclosure... think cars, think neon)
The graphics on it will be redone (again) since this attempt is really bad.
Denk dat er wel meer mensen reageren als ze het hele pedaal gezien hebben ;)

(goeiemorguh van newtone )

Quote from: stumper1 on October 28, 2007, 12:23:00 AM

That is amazing! Looks really professional. I've never finished a pedal I've built, I actually like the simple DIY look on a bare enclosure but I also like that paintjob, I guess I should give it a try some day :P

Gila_Crisis

ok folks, this i my last build, the Opamp Big Muff!!!!

here he's near his big brother big muff with transistor  :icon_mrgreen:

Harry

Quote from: trendyironicname on October 28, 2007, 01:08:36 AM
Better pictures soon.
It's due a new metal strip (scratched it up before I realized what I was doing) and decals and clear coat.

Really nice, I ike it. More info, please!

Barcode80

here's a few, i've had a busy 2 or 3 days :)

Distortion + Clone:

Tonepad Dual Microamp, clipping diodes on the first to turn it into a dist +, second one is switched in/out of the signal path after the first with the mini toggle:

Bluebox Clone:

(I guess I'm in an MXR mood lately! :)

cheeb

This is my new Effects Loop/Bypass Box/Feedback Looper/Clean Blend with volume control.

MicFarlow77

Quote from: ponq on October 28, 2007, 05:51:42 AM
I like it a LOT as it is. I wouldn't put paint on it. maybe a little clearcoat and some small decals. It is stylish as clean as it is now! Good job.

Hey Pong,

Thanks for your comment and suggestion.... I love clearcoated only enclosures as well, but as has been since I got into DIYS, I am working on processes and stuff, and since I bought a powdercoating setup, I needed a target to shoot it at... so it will get that... as well as some additional graphics I am expermienting with..... we'll see how it all turns out....

Thanks,

Mick

Auke Haarsma

I'm sure you make something wonderful of it!  :icon_smile:

cheeb

Sorry for posting again so soon, but I just realized I haven't posted any of these.

Another Beginner Boost. I love these suckers.

Marshall Bluesbreaker clone. PCB by a forum member.

This is a nasty silicon fuzz. I can't even identify it, because i was just playing around.

--Cory

royzic

QuoteInsert Quote
Sorry for posting again so soon, but I just realized I haven't posted any of these.

Another Beginner Boost. I love these suckers.

Marshall Bluesbreaker clone. PCB by a forum member.

That's cool!

i like your style
8)

hendrix2489

here's nothing too flashy, Its a fat boost clone, i liked the bare metal with the blue knobs.  Sounds awesome too.