News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

exhausted

Quote from: Krinor on December 30, 2007, 03:16:02 AM
Very nice graphics. I love these amp emulations.
You could try a combination of transistors, like J201 in the first two stages and then a MPF102 in the last stage ?
How about a soundclip ? According to ROG using J201's throughout will give a somewhat darker sound, how's yours ?
thank you.

i'll be trying to do clips in the next couple days.  it definitely sounds beefy but it doesn't lack high end definition by any means.  tons of gain and output.  more than i was expecting but lots of clean space as well.  with the MPF102s, the drain voltage would swing wildly from like 2 to 7 in a tiny span of the trim.  i just couldn't get it stable, plus there was a staticy crackling present all the time.  with the 201s, everything is right as rain.

Barcode80

Quote from: exhausted on December 30, 2007, 10:20:21 AM
You could try a combination of transistors, like J201 in the first two stages and then a MPF102 in the last stage ?
How about a soundclip ? According to ROG using J201's throughout will give a somewhat darker sound, how's yours ?
thank you.

i'll be trying to do clips in the next couple days.  it definitely sounds beefy but it doesn't lack high end definition by any means.  tons of gain and output.  more than i was expecting but lots of clean space as well.  with the MPF102s, the drain voltage would swing wildly from like 2 to 7 in a tiny span of the trim.  i just couldn't get it stable, plus there was a staticy crackling present all the time.  with the 201s, everything is right as rain.
anyone ever try 2n5458's in this circuit?

Hamfist

Going for the cheap flea market knockoff vibe.  Change a couple of letters/numbers around... you know.  502 is the area code where I live, so that part worked out well.  Not the most perfect etch ever, but it looks fine from 6 feet away.  MarkM's layout for the yellow DOD 250.  I found the graphic on the BYOC message board.  Had to sort of change it a bit to fit the 1590b, and put the text in the right place for the jacks etc...  Still need to find a washer for the switch.  The plastic white washer looks awful on this one.  And of course, I need to touch up the solder joints on the jacks. 

letsgocoyote

Quote from: Krinor on December 30, 2007, 04:11:57 AM
Quote from: letsgocoyote on December 30, 2007, 03:14:03 AM

i'd never bothered to get a powdercoated enclosure before.  got it from pedal parts plus had em drill it too.  ive always drilled and painted my own but man, this is niceee.  it looks way more durable and a good color.  also did point to point for the first time. looks a little messy i guess, but it sure feels good to jsut wip it up point to point.  haha

That's sweet. What did you build in there ? Is it a booster ? I can't see any transistors...

yes its a booster, its jsut difficult to see the transistor because it blends in so well cuz i put a small piece of black foam on top of the pot to insulate it from any bare leads on other components.

Rmanen

Quote from: MarcoMike on December 30, 2007, 04:58:37 AM
Just a few questions:
What is the "n" option on the mode knob?
How did you do the "swelling circle" grafic behind the pot knobs?
and finally, please post guts... its THE LAW

"n" is lowpass and highpass, it's called n in the new Q-tron and I guess it stands for notch. at present LP is out of phase with respect of HP, so the sound comes out quite strange... I made a simple op amp inverting buffer to place from LP(on the board) to the switch, I hope it works... also the blend function is affected by this out of phase thingh: as you turn the knob to 50:50 you can hear a volume loss, not really nice!

all the graphic is "handmade" with Paint Shop Pro, the tapered knob indicators are made by "subtracting" a circle from a slightly bigger one.. I can send you the file if you wish.

at last, guts.... :icon_confused:

shame on me.... ;) larger pictures and (larger shame?)   HERE together with some other interesting things...

You Sir, have made my day ;D. As far as mess goes... it aint half bad actually, i was expecting a warzone :icon_mrgreen:.
I'll try to do the taperd thingies first, although I am gonna pm you my mail address so you can send the file ;). And kudos on the notch filter, I hope it works out as it sounds like the perfect addition to the pedal. Its a bit offtopic i suppose but looking at the schem I don't see the signal LP being out of phase with the HP... couldn't you just make a "simple" fixed summing mixer using an opamp?

Thanks again, this is next best thing while I wait...and wait...

Rob

Used666

Its gonna be a Distortus Maximus, i think im gonna mount the other 2 pots on the sides, gonna be a tight squeeze for sure though

Papa_lazerous

I never post pictures but here goes......

Its a Fuzz Face clone I made for a guy I know.  the text is etched into the enclosure also my first attempt at airbrushing

this is it sat on his pedalboard, quite chuffed with it

Krinor

Quote from: Used666 on January 01, 2008, 05:47:41 PM

Its gonna be a Distortus Maximus, i think im gonna mount the other 2 pots on the sides, gonna be a tight squeeze for sure though

Oh my, that's really cool!  :icon_twisted:

exhausted

http://www3.telus.net/exhausted/olc/professor%20tweed.mp3

that's a telecaster into a fender DRRI.  just different gain settings.  gets pretty mushy with the gain cranked.  i like it at about 1 or 2 o'clock but i'm still getting to know it.  i've been spending too much time building lately and not enough playing.

Krinor

Quote from: exhausted on January 01, 2008, 06:47:22 PM

http://www3.telus.net/exhausted/olc/professor%20tweed.mp3

that's a telecaster into a fender DRRI.  just different gain settings.  gets pretty mushy with the gain cranked.  i like it at about 1 or 2 o'clock but i'm still getting to know it.  i've been spending too much time building lately and not enough playing.

Hey! Thanks for posting. I've been tweaking and biasing mine all night. What value capacitor do you have in the feedback loop ? (1uF in the schematic) Changing to a lower value will give you less mud and more sparkle. You can even remove the capacitor completely thus breaking the connection for the feedback loop. You don't really need it. For added flexibilty you could connect it to a switch. I put a 0,022 in mine. I have all MPF102's in it, but I tried with J201 and 2N5457's as well. The 2N5457's will give you less mud than the J201's. But they are not as lively as the MPF102's IMO. I biased by ear first, but then got out my DMM and biased to aprox. 4,5 throughout. Sounds very retro. Nice one.

exhausted

right now it's just as per the schematic but i'll play with it eventually.

darron

Quote from: Krinor on January 01, 2008, 06:12:40 PM

Oh my, that's really cool!  :icon_twisted:

yeah! fricken cool as. normally i don't like coloured LEDs instead of clear, but that really sets nicely.

awesome stuff
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

Andre

Used666

Krinor

Quote from: Used666 on January 02, 2008, 03:15:04 PM

Saffron Squeeze

That's very clean! Beautifull build. Let's just hope noone comes along and dies all over it like the other one you posted.   ;)

DBDbadreligion

Quote from: Papa_lazerous on January 01, 2008, 05:59:30 PM

Hey Man,

I really like your pedal board design.  Did you make it?  If so how much would you say it cost you to make it?
Also is your wah-wah pedal Velcro on to the board?  If so what did you have to do to get it to Velcro it?
Nick Landt

DBDbadreligion@gmail.com

Papa_lazerous

Quote from: DBDbadreligion on January 02, 2008, 07:06:41 PM
Hey Man,

I really like your pedal board design.  Did you make it?  If so how much would you say it cost you to make it?
Also is your wah-wah pedal Velcro on to the board?  If so what did you have to do to get it to Velcro it?

sorry mate I cant tell you too much about the board as that doesnt belong to me its owned by the guy I made the pedal for.  I just posted the pic as I thought the Fuzz looked damm sweet sat there  :P

DBDbadreligion

Quote from: Papa_lazerous on January 02, 2008, 09:03:56 PM
Quote from: DBDbadreligion on January 02, 2008, 07:06:41 PM
Hey Man,

sorry mate I cant tell you too much about the board as that doesnt belong to me its owned by the guy I made the pedal for.  I just posted the pic as I thought the Fuzz looked damm sweet sat there  :P
Ok well thanks for letting me know.
Nick Landt

DBDbadreligion@gmail.com

ambulancevoice

use a couple of mini alpha pots
mount the volume mini pot on the left side of the enclosure, and have those three regular pots as the 3 tone controls, (low mid high) and have another mini pot on right side for the gain pot
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money