News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PerroGrande

An ROG Phozer installed inside a "Frankenstein Guitar" a friend of mine created...

For this circuit, to save board real estate, I ended up using a TL074 quad op-amp.  I also added an external control to allow the "trim" (normally a 2K trim pot) to be adjusted on the fly.  Having this extra adjustment adds a lot of flexibility to the circuit.

earthtonesaudio

Quote from: PerroGrande on February 01, 2008, 09:12:46 PM
An ROG Phozer installed inside a "Frankenstein Guitar" a friend of mine created...
For this circuit, to save board real estate, I ended up using a TL074 quad op-amp.  I also added an external control to allow the "trim" (normally a 2K trim pot) to be adjusted on the fly.  Having this extra adjustment adds a lot of flexibility to the circuit.

Sweet! Rat's nest AND duct tape inside a guitar!  Eddie Van Halen would be so proud.  ...Regarding the TL074, sometimes I wonder why people use multiple TL071 or TL072's in circuits instead of the quad.  Seems like a lot of extra soldering.  Unless you're using one for an LFO or something similar, it seems so much more economical to use the quad.

moro

Quote from: earthtonesaudio on February 01, 2008, 09:30:15 PM
Sweet! Rat's nest AND duct tape inside a guitar!  Eddie Van Halen would be so proud.  ...Regarding the TL074, sometimes I wonder why people use multiple TL071 or TL072's in circuits instead of the quad.  Seems like a lot of extra soldering.  Unless you're using one for an LFO or something similar, it seems so much more economical to use the quad.

Duals give you more freedom in the placement, which in general results in a cleaner layout than the quad.

juse

Quote from: Sody54 on February 01, 2008, 04:12:45 PM
Here's a shot of my Mayer Octavia clone.  I've had this one boxed in a plastic rat shack box for about a year.  Decided to give a more fitting enclosure. :icon_biggrin:  No gut shot of this one.  The box it was in was twice this size and now (being I'm too lazy to adjust), there's a half mile of spaghetti in this box!  It's not a pretty sight.

Brian

Nice... is that a print or an etch?

ambulancevoice

Quote from: juse on February 01, 2008, 10:42:08 PM
Quote from: Sody54 on February 01, 2008, 04:12:45 PM
Here's a shot of my Mayer Octavia clone.  I've had this one boxed in a plastic rat shack box for about a year.  Decided to give a more fitting enclosure. :icon_biggrin:  No gut shot of this one.  The box it was in was twice this size and now (being I'm too lazy to adjust), there's a half mile of spaghetti in this box!  It's not a pretty sight.

Brian

Nice... is that a print or an etch?

well, etches dont shine like that, have have white insides and have clear red lettering
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

Fuzzy-Train

What does it say on the bottom? Is that Latin or something?
THERE IS NO SIG.

The user formerly known as NoNothing.

Stuff I built!
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w106/Cpt_sergeant/?start=allRandom

kurtlives

I believe it says his companies name then where they are located...
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

Sody54

The bottom says Sody FX  Stephenson, MI.  Not that I'm a company or anything.  I build for myself and others in my band...lol  I just put it on there to be "cool"... :icon_mrgreen:

Thanks for the comments.  I was extremely happy with the way this one turned out.

The font btw is the EH style one posted up here a while back.  It doesn't seem to work as well with the smaller font size.

Brian (Sody)

12milluz

Hey Dragonfly,

looks an sounds great but what is it? ???
Quote from: Processaurus
You need a glade plug-in, in on a footswitch.  Kick on the big muff, then hit the air freshener pedal.

Visit my site: http://www.freewebs.com/12milluzmusic

juse

Quotewell, etches dont shine like that, have have white insides and have clear red lettering

Well, actually polished aluminum looks like chrome & it's pretty easy to brush on & bake enamel paint.

ambulancevoice

Quote from: juse on February 02, 2008, 08:43:29 PM
Quotewell, etches dont shine like that, have have white insides and have clear red lettering

Well, actually polished aluminum looks like chrome & it's pretty easy to brush on & bake enamel paint.

but its white, not chrome, and its not that easy to paint certain parts of an etch with different colours

ambulancevoice

Quote from: Dragonfly on February 02, 2008, 07:45:33 PM

that sounds way to monstrous to be a fuzz man!!
is it like 50 transistors all in darlington configuration???

sixstringphil

Quote from: Dragonfly on February 02, 2008, 07:45:33 PM
[/center]

did you put a white base coat on this one? Have you decided whether or not  that produces better results?

theblueark

Quote from: sixstringphil on February 01, 2008, 05:39:10 PM

Pretty.  Do you have any concerns about the rear-vs-front-row aspect?  Given that I have no idea about what's inside or where it's located, is it possible for you to use the inside and outside hex nuts to stagger the height of the stompswitches in a useful manner?  or have you already taken care of that, and it simply doesn't show up well in the photo?

That's a good question. I don't know if there's enough thread on the switches to make a huge difference considering enclosure thickness/lablel/paint/clear. Might be worth a shot!  However, it's a fairly large DD enclosure (7.38 x 4.7 x 1.3 from Smallbear), so hopefully it won't present itself to be a big problem.  Anyone else have any thoughts/experience?

I do it all the time. You can stagger the height a very wide range. I tend to like to keep the switches as low a profile as possible, with no treads sticking out at all. Helps with the durability I think, so the switches can't get knocked sideways as much. Then with the back row you can put it as high as you're comfortable with.

Dragonfly

Quote from: 12milluz on February 02, 2008, 08:42:39 PM
Hey Dragonfly,

Its a guitar pedal.

Just kidding !  :)

Seriously though...its a variation on the circuit I entered for this months FX-X contest entry.

Dragonfly

Quote from: sixstringphil on February 02, 2008, 10:27:14 PM
did you put a white base coat on this one? Have you decided whether or not  that produces better results?

I didnt on this one, but I've been putting a base coat of whatever the primary color is and have been pleased with the results thus far.

sixstringphil

Quote from: theblueark on February 02, 2008, 10:36:11 PM
Quote from: sixstringphil on February 01, 2008, 05:39:10 PM

I do it all the time. You can stagger the height a very wide range. I tend to like to keep the switches as low a profile as possible, with no treads sticking out at all. Helps with the durability I think, so the switches can't get knocked sideways as much. Then with the back row you can put it as high as you're comfortable with.
If my buddy will let me steal it back off his board, I'll give that a shot. Sounds like a good idea to me!

12milluz

Quote from: Dragonfly on February 03, 2008, 06:48:34 AM
Quote from: 12milluz on February 02, 2008, 08:42:39 PM
Hey Dragonfly,

Its a guitar pedal.

Just kidding !  :)

Seriously though...its a variation on the circuit I entered for this months FX-X contest entry.

ahh very nice! :)  i was going to give that circuit a shot!
Quote from: Processaurus
You need a glade plug-in, in on a footswitch.  Kick on the big muff, then hit the air freshener pedal.

Visit my site: http://www.freewebs.com/12milluzmusic

dxm1

Rats aren't my favorite distortion pedals, but all of my friends seem to have one - what the heck.

This was a chance to try laser engraved aluminum for the labelling. The black anodized plate is the
same size as the top of the 1590BB. I was surprised at how much detail the engraving was able to
produce - the rodent started as a pen and ink drawing. The picture doesn't show it well, but the
individual hair lines are visible up close.