News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petemoore

suprleed
  Curious how you got it to glow blue around the bottom rim !
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

~arph

And it reminds me that I should stand up and walk towards the freshly made pot of coffee that awaits me..

:) Looks great!

~arph

Quote from: petemoore on February 11, 2008, 10:12:24 AM
suprleed

Browse back a few pages :P

12milluz

Andrew, I really like the colors on that swirl! NICE! :)
Quote from: Processaurus
You need a glade plug-in, in on a footswitch.  Kick on the big muff, then hit the air freshener pedal.

Visit my site: http://www.freewebs.com/12milluzmusic

greigoroth

Quote from: Dragonfly on February 11, 2008, 09:57:56 AM
Needs wet sanding and more clear coat, but I think its looking cool.....

Reminds me of lizard skin, the way it fades in and out with the browns! Love it! I wonder if you pressed in some small diameter chicken wire or something into the wet paint if you could get a patterned effect in it that would resemble snakeskin? Snakeskin is of course the epitome of rock n roll... don't try and tell me otherwise!
Built: GGG Green Ringer

Mark Hammer

Maybe its the fact that my diabetes has made a great many treats off limits to me, but the only thing that pops into my head when I see that swirly finish is all those ice cream flavours I will never again be allowed to eat. :icon_rolleyes: :icon_redface:  I see that and I think "Mmmmm, Jamoca Almond Crunch.......<insert Homer Simpson drooling sound here>".

suprleed

Quote from: petemoore on February 11, 2008, 10:12:24 AM
suprleed

That's actually valooj's pedal.  I was just commenting on it.  There was a discussion about the technique a couple of pages back...
"That's the way I play" ~EC

GravityRobert

I'll have one of those in honour of you  :D

Quote from: Mark Hammer on February 11, 2008, 12:33:09 PM
Maybe its the fact that my diabetes has made a great many treats off limits to me, but the only thing that pops into my head when I see that swirly finish is all those ice cream flavours I will never again be allowed to eat. :icon_rolleyes: :icon_redface:  I see that and I think "Mmmmm, Jamoca Almond Crunch.......<insert Homer Simpson drooling sound here>".

12milluz

Once again, amazing! Beautiful and it sounds great. :icon_cool:
Quote from: Processaurus
You need a glade plug-in, in on a footswitch.  Kick on the big muff, then hit the air freshener pedal.

Visit my site: http://www.freewebs.com/12milluzmusic

marc

completely against the trend here. big clunky boxes, drab paint. the cold war motif. i wanted a sans-amp for quiet bedroom recording and not a stompbox per se. also, i really dig the "roll bar" look on tube and zvex stuff, had another clunky box so why not? the tremulous also has a hinged battery compartment door, go figure.

Dragonfly

Quote from: marc on February 11, 2008, 11:53:33 PM
completely against the trend here. big clunky boxes, drab paint. the cold war motif. i wanted a sans-amp for quiet bedroom recording and not a stompbox per se. also, i really dig the "roll bar" look on tube and zvex stuff, had another clunky box so why not? the tremulous also has a hinged battery compartment door, go figure.

I love it ! Those are some of the coolest looking effects ive seen !

ambulancevoice

i love the old vintage beat up look of the big one
and that huge meaty looking switch on the side
man i wish has enclosures like that
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

ambulancevoice

Quote from: greigoroth on February 11, 2008, 12:28:13 PM

Reminds me of lizard skin, the way it fades in and out with the browns! Love it! I wonder if you pressed in some small diameter chicken wire or something into the wet paint if you could get a patterned effect in it that would resemble snakeskin? Snakeskin is of course the epitome of rock n roll... don't try and tell me otherwise!

reminds me of chocolate... for some reason beyond me...

arma61

Quote from: ambulancevoice on February 12, 2008, 01:11:01 AM

Hi, why not use the case of the power unit of a PC, or the case of a PC's CD player, I've both waiting to be filled in !, just empty them and you get a nice enclosure. Who doesn't have an old PC waiting to be .. I don't know an english word for "take the pulp off a bone"!!

Cheers
Armando
"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

ambulancevoice

Quote from: arma61 on February 12, 2008, 02:36:55 AM
Quote from: ambulancevoice on February 12, 2008, 01:11:01 AM

Hi, why not use the case of the power unit of a PC, or the case of a PC's CD player, I've both waiting to be filled in !, just empty them and you get a nice enclosure. Who doesn't have an old PC waiting to be .. I don't know an english word for "take the pulp off a bone"!!

Cheers
Armando

yeah, well, i dont have any of those
i found a tin that was used for holding special bandaids that were sold to make money for sick kids
it would make a great enclosure
i plan to do my rust the enclosure method to it and make it look all shitty and beat up
like this guys awsome pedals in cigarette cases
i love how these look

birt

old enclosures and old knobs.. i love that :D

i have some lying around but not "instantly usable". but i think i'm gonna use a rough look for my next pedal ;)
http://www.last.fm/user/birt/
visit http://www.effectsdatabase.com for info on (allmost) every effect in the world!

Sweetalk

Quote from: ambulancevoice on February 12, 2008, 01:12:15 AM

Me too!!!

Barcode80

Quote from: Sweetalk on February 12, 2008, 11:33:41 AM

i but if you pressed something like a piece of leather or something on it while the clear is still tacky it might get a cool texture.

Me too!!!

Sweetalk

Quote from: Sweetalk on February 12, 2008, 11:33:41 AM

Me too!!!

I wanted to say "ME TOO", but no words appeared :icon_razz: