News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonG

Class A booster , Dod 250 , Jfet booster, Optical Tremolo, Little Gem 2,  mosfet boost, Super fuzz , ESP stand alone spring reverb red Llama omni-drive , splitter blender ,

NEVER use gorilla glue for guitar repairs! It's Titebond , Elmers, or Superglue

Morocotopo

Thanks, this is my most complicated project so far, almost didnĀ“t finish it!

Morocotopo
Morocotopo

Fuzzy-Train

Just a little update on my Trem Screamer...

I have a white basecoat on and I just finished putting the first red layer for the tongue. If I'm lucky I'll get the tongue done before I leave tonight, and I'll get the teeth done tomorrow afternoon or something.
THERE IS NO SIG.

The user formerly known as NoNothing.

Stuff I built!
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w106/Cpt_sergeant/?start=allRandom

Laika

Finally got around to finishing off my Noisy Cricket amp. Board was made up in DIY layout creator (tried to make the wiring tidy). added the headphone option from the GGG ruby plans, On/Off via jack, Etched and paint filled housing lettering.

darron

Quote from: Laika on February 24, 2008, 01:29:19 AM
Finally got around to finishing off my Noisy Cricket amp. Board was made up in DIY layout creator (tried to make the wiring tidy). added the headphone option from the GGG ruby plans, On/Off via jack, Etched and paint filled housing lettering.

wow. that's an extremely neat build! care to share your method for the two-tone filled etching? was it squeegeed or something?
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

ambulancevoice

Quote from: darron on February 24, 2008, 01:57:04 AM

wow. that's an extremely neat build! care to share your method for the two-tone filled etching? was it squeegeed or something?

its not two tone filled
it looks like he painted the top red, sanded it down so the red is left in the lettering, and then the black was added around the sides
with masking probably too
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

darron

Quote from: ambulancevoice on February 24, 2008, 05:46:55 AM
Quote from: darron on February 24, 2008, 01:57:04 AM

its not two tone filled
it looks like he painted the top red, sanded it down so the red is left in the lettering, and then the black was added around the sides
with masking probably too

maybe it's the reflection of the flash, but i thought that he actually had a cream coloured paint on the top with red lettering in it, which isn't usual.
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

Laika

Quote from: darron on February 24, 2008, 07:29:07 AM
maybe it's the reflection of the flash, but i thought that he actually had a cream coloured paint on the top with red lettering in it, which isn't usual.

The top is just sanded metal not painted. It was etched, the top masked and everything painted black, remove mask and fill the lettering in red with a brush, once dry the top was given a final sand.... nothing special but it looks good in the flesh 

cpnyc23

Great work there Laika - looks very pro.  Do you sand with an electric sander or by hand?

-chris
"I've traveled the world and never seen a statue of a critic."    -  Leonard Bernstein

s.r.v.

where do you get a jack for ipod style headphones? and does it work in stereo with them?

Valoosj

Need I say more?  8)

Still have an issue with it. In bypass this pedal causes some humm, unless when I turn the bias down a lot, then it disappears? Any thought on it Dragonfly?
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

Dragonfly

Quote from: Valoosj on February 24, 2008, 02:38:29 PM
Need I say more?  8)

Still have an issue with it. In bypass this pedal causes some humm, unless when I turn the bias down a lot, then it disappears? Any thought on it Dragonfly?

Very cool looking pedal ...i dig the LED eyes !

the bypass issue would have to be with your switch wiring...start by looking there.

Valoosj

Will do.
Btw, where can I find the explanation to your swirl technique? The link in the other thread seems to be dead.
I'm kinda starting to like swirls...
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

Dragonfly

Quote from: Valoosj on February 24, 2008, 03:16:01 PM
Will do.
Btw, where can I find the explanation to your swirl technique? The link in the other thread seems to be dead.
I'm kinda starting to like swirls...

its in my gallery....

I "think" Aron might be moving the gallery folders around, so that would explain the link...

Zben3129

To get to it, I just used the gallery link at the top of the forum, then typed dragonfly into the search box. Its on the first page of results.

Zach

frank

Professor Tweed goes to Manhattan.
I made my way downstairs. The stairs lead the way down onto the...street. They lead all the way up too, of course, saves me having two stairways. -Chic Murray

zeppelinchld

Zben3129

Quote from: frank on February 24, 2008, 04:56:26 PM

Professor Tweed goes to Manhattan.

Whats going on in this picture? Looks quite different

Zach

frank

To Zach,
I've tried to make the runoffgroove.com Prof. Tweed but wanted to try Manhattan Style sice it's easyer to mod than vero or pcb.  RF guy use that for silent operation.  Don't know if it is of importance to have ground plane in audio.  But I know that this tweed is DEAD SILENT. Great sound to.
I did not connect the negative feedback loop: would like to put a "presence" pot.
I made my way downstairs. The stairs lead the way down onto the...street. They lead all the way up too, of course, saves me having two stairways. -Chic Murray

frank

Fuzz Face Manhattan style (realy ugly style) also.  I was so in a hury to try a Ge FF. Now I understand the whole universe....