Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ambulancevoice

Quote from: darron on February 24, 2008, 07:29:07 AM
Quote from: ambulancevoice on February 24, 2008, 05:46:55 AM
Quote from: darron on February 24, 2008, 01:57:04 AM
Quote from: Laika on February 24, 2008, 01:29:19 AM
Finally got around to finishing off my Noisy Cricket amp. Board was made up in DIY layout creator (tried to make the wiring tidy). added the headphone option from the GGG ruby plans, On/Off via jack, Etched and paint filled housing lettering.

wow. that's an extremely neat build! care to share your method for the two-tone filled etching? was it squeegeed or something?

its not two tone filled
it looks like he painted the top red, sanded it down so the red is left in the lettering, and then the black was added around the sides
with masking probably too

maybe it's the reflection of the flash, but i thought that he actually had a cream coloured paint on the top with red lettering in it, which isn't usual.

ohhhh i see what you mean
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

ambulancevoice

frank

Thank you Dragonfly,
poeple put weird faces it's not good for my digestion.
Frank
I made my way downstairs. The stairs lead the way down onto the...street. They lead all the way up too, of course, saves me having two stairways. -Chic Murray

Dragonfly

Dragonfly

Quote from: frank on February 24, 2008, 06:54:27 PM
Thank you Dragonfly,
poeple put weird faces it's not good for my digestion.
Frank

No problem...

My Dad was into Amateur Radio, and "Manhattan Style" building is popular with Radio enthusiasts ...its not "pretty", but it's quick, easy, and works !  :)

Fuzzy-Train

^ Have you been testing a new technique Andy? This one looks "rounder" around the edges than all the others. Really cool mang!!!  :icon_wink:

Here's the front cover for my Trem Screamer. I freehanded the whole thing, so it's not perfect, but I think it'll look cool once it's on the enclosure.

Thanks for looking, and happy building!
THERE IS NO SIG.

The user formerly known as NoNothing.

Stuff I built!
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w106/Cpt_sergeant/?start=allRandom

Laika

Quote from: cpnyc23 on February 24, 2008, 09:41:59 AM
Great work there Laika - looks very pro.  Do you sand with an electric sander or by hand?
-chris

Hand sanded with wet & dry and wood block. It doesn't show in the pic but you can see some sanding lines (not mirror polished)

Quote from: s.r.v. on February 24, 2008, 10:53:40 AM
where do you get a jack for ipod style headphones? and does it work in stereo with them?

Just picked up a 3.5mm stereo socket from my local electronics store, this one is wired mono (mono signal)

GonzoFonts

Dragonfly,

You are killing me with these enclosures.

Superb work.

GF

Quote from: Dragonfly on February 24, 2008, 06:57:31 PM

Dragonfly

Quote from: GonzoFonts on February 24, 2008, 11:28:38 PM
Dragonfly,

You are killing me with these enclosures.

Superb work.

GF

Thanks...

wait till you see what Ive got "cooking" !  :D

ambulancevoice

slacker

Quote from: ambulancevoice on February 25, 2008, 05:31:12 AM
thanks
i still dont understand...

Here's a link to a picture that hopefully explains it.

http://www.cliftonlaboratories.com/images/Manhattan%20Large.jpg

You make little pads out of bits of PCB material and then glue them onto a sheet of PCB material. Then solder your components to the pads. Not really sure what the advantages of this are over vero or perf for us.

Zben3129

Can't really think of any advantages with maybe the exception of super-high gain stuff,

The point of it is for the very large ground plane if I'm not mistaken

Does look like fun, though....I may have to give it a whirl

Zach

ambulancevoice

i get it now yeah
it looks sorta hard

disto

wow havent checked this topic in a while!
love the screaming tube screamer fuzzy-train looks brilliant!

interesting i hadnt heard of the manhattan technique before, to begin with i though that all the components were just soldered to a copper plate, i thought whats the point in that they are all connected together on the one copper place, ??? then i did some research and realized there are little copper stand offs!
is there any reason for the back plate being copper or could you use any surface?! i guess you could use it for common ground!

frank

Quote from: Zben3129 on February 25, 2008, 06:54:10 AM
The point of it is for the very large ground plane if I'm not mistaken

Yes, the ground can be taken anywhere.
It gives a shielding advantage also.
As silly as it looks it's fast for proto.
And If you use double sided copper, you can put you a power rail clad strip over the ground plane and make holes to get Vb+ or V- on the other side of the board.  And then you can put components also on the other side.
One thing I like is that in the 1st case, everything is on top. You see every components with its connections so is really easy to debug.
I made my way downstairs. The stairs lead the way down onto the...street. They lead all the way up too, of course, saves me having two stairways. -Chic Murray

frank

ROG Marshall 18 or
THE MIGHTY PILE OF VINE LEAVES.

jefe

Quote from: frank on February 25, 2008, 06:17:01 PM
ROG Marshall 18 or
THE MIGHTY PILE OF VINE LEAVES.

Blech... I absolutely HATE stuffed grape leaves... lol....Cool build though! Great use of an old can.

12milluz

How does that tin hold up? Looks like it would get smashed easily from actuating that switch.
Quote from: Processaurus
You need a glade plug-in, in on a footswitch.  Kick on the big muff, then hit the air freshener pedal.

Visit my site: http://www.freewebs.com/12milluzmusic

GravityRobert

Quote from: jefe on February 25, 2008, 07:24:30 PM
Blech... I absolutely HATE stuffed grape leaves...

;D I love them when they're fresh. Oh the diversity....  :D