SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonfly

Quackzed

;D  ahhhhh...  blue skies...   
nothing says forever like a solid block of liquid nails!!!

QSQCaito

back to swirls :)

I ´prefer two color, simple designs :)
D.A.C

Nitefly182

Quote from: michal_k on March 09, 2008, 05:33:09 PM
how did you stamp that labels?

A set of metal letter punches. You can find them at some online tool and hobby places.

Dragonfly

Quote from: QSQCaito on March 09, 2008, 09:39:21 PM
back to swirls :)

I didnt want to let you down !  :)

I ´prefer two color, simple designs :)

"grey" and "more grey" ?  :D

nico13

Quote from: yeeshkul on March 09, 2008, 06:15:53 AM
my latest tonebender clone

Really nice building and sounding!

Is the third little knob a bias setting? I guess it's labeled "Temp Balance".

yeeshkul

yes :). i used 5k, but 10k would have worked even better. it is an additional pot to the bias trimmer.

greigoroth

Where did you get the enclosure Yeeshkul? I like it!
Built: GGG Green Ringer

yeeshkul

it's a local producer i am affarid :(, they have website, but not in english and i don't think they sell abroad.

Just1More

Just finished build number 2 on the weekend - my take on the Rat.

Here's the guts.  It's not as neat as I would like (and not as neat as my first build) but I had to cram quite a lot in there.

yeeshkul

the guts looks perfect and the top is nice too :)

Used666

My first attempt at a swirl

jayp5150

Quote from: Used666 on March 10, 2008, 02:26:47 PM

I love that green! Nice one.

Used666

Thanks, im pretty happy with it being my first attempt and all. I found that i used less swirl with a toothpick and more of blowing the paint accross the enclosure technique

Hamfist

Foxx Tone Machine.  GGG layout.  aka: Guess who finally bought a riveter. 

Renegadrian

Quote from: Used666 on March 10, 2008, 02:26:47 PM

Not bad, it reminds me of one of the earlier VAI Universe...
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

Processaurus

Quote from: Hamfist on March 10, 2008, 06:10:05 PM

That's really cool! The tendency is to try and stuff circuits in the smallest box possible, but I've been appreciating the EH 1790 enclosure for two button boxes too, that scoosh more room between the switches (and a bit more room between the footswitches and knobs) is relaxing for people with big feet.  An overlooked part of stompbox design strangely enough, is that they need to get stomped!  Lift those combat boots up and annihilate that bastard! Great knobs too.

Boogdish

did a bazz fuss in one of those aluminum radioshack enclosures over the weekend

sorry about the big pic, I don't know how to resize it.

Hamfist

That's exactly why I went with a larger box than needed.  I want space between the switches.  Squeezing as many switches and knobs into as small of space as possible is impressive and all.  But since this thing will have to be stepped on mid-song, I'll have more on my mind than executing precision laser-guided foot strikes.  Plus putting something that sounds this obnoxious and huge into a small box just doesn't seem right.

Quote from: Processaurus on March 10, 2008, 08:24:25 PM
Quote from: Hamfist on March 10, 2008, 06:10:05 PM

That's really cool! The tendency is to try and stuff circuits in the smallest box possible, but I've been appreciating the EH 1790 enclosure for two button boxes too, that scoosh more room between the switches (and a bit more room between the footswitches and knobs) is relaxing for people with big feet.  An overlooked part of stompbox design strangely enough, is that they need to get stomped!  Lift those combat boots up and annihilate that bastard! Great knobs too.

Barcode80

Quote from: yeeshkul on March 10, 2008, 07:35:35 AM
it's a local producer i am affarid :(, they have website, but not in english and i don't think they sell abroad.
perhaps we could organize where we all chip in and you buy a bunch and ship them out! great looking enclosures