News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdh

I really like the rivets and the pcb as decoration, as well.  Good lateral thinking on that one!

tranceracer

Matsumin Tsunami 9V Tube Overdrive. 

The graphic is a laser print covered Krylon Crystal Clear acrylic on waterslide paper.  The paper is some kind of slippery stuff when it gets wet.  The lady who sold it to me said it was water slide decal but it didn't have the decal layer.  So in order to salvage the paper I laser printed on the paper and the clear acrylic over the printout and to my surprise after the lacquer dried, it just slid off.  Painted another coat of acrylic on the box and the decal just kind of absorbed into the wet clear acrylic.  I know this wont work for inkjet because the ink is exposed to the water and will just wash out.  This is how I found out that this was not truly water slide decal paper.  The acrylic coating covering the inkjet graphic slipped off but the ink dissolved into the water.  Oh, inkjet ink will not stick to the acrylic

Anyway enough of my babbling... here's the pics  (;

edvin medvind

My 3 first builds:

Arons beginner project boost, tremolo and fuzz:

once you pop you can't stop

Tremolo-kit from Moodysounds.se, with TB:

Fuzz, another kit from moodysounds:

Made loads of misstakes, as you can see...

disto

Quote from: edvin medvind on March 11, 2008, 09:08:33 AM
My 3 first builds:

wow, love the crinkles and crackling... i really like it, its got a really vintage feel! did you mean to do this and how did you do it?

Nikolay

Not a big deal, just make a little modification from this one :

To this one:

This is a old german tube amplifier model MV3 -push pull with el84 tubes.

kismet78

Quote from: tranceracer on March 11, 2008, 04:10:28 AM
Matsumin Tsunami 9V Tube Overdrive. 

The graphic is a laser print covered Krylon Crystal Clear acrylic on waterslide paper.  The paper is some kind of slippery stuff when it gets wet.  The lady who sold it to me said it was water slide decal but it didn't have the decal layer.  So in order to salvage the paper I laser printed on the paper and the clear acrylic over the printout and to my surprise after the lacquer dried, it just slid off.  Painted another coat of acrylic on the box and the decal just kind of absorbed into the wet clear acrylic.  I know this wont work for inkjet because the ink is exposed to the water and will just wash out.  This is how I found out that this was not truly water slide decal paper.  The acrylic coating covering the inkjet graphic slipped off but the ink dissolved into the water.  Oh, inkjet ink will not stick to the acrylic

Anyway enough of my babbling... here's the pics  (;

Looks quite awesome regardless.

birt

wow i love the way that amp looks. vintage style but like new!

http://www.last.fm/user/birt/
visit http://www.effectsdatabase.com for info on (allmost) every effect in the world!

tranceracer

Still looks good!  My Matsumin Tsunami has "extra" holes where I didn't follow the measure twice drill once rule!   :D

edvin medvind

Quote from: disto on March 11, 2008, 10:16:38 AM
My 3 first builds:

wow, love the crinkles and crackling... i really like it, its got a really vintage feel! did you mean to do this and how did you do it?

No they are not intended  :icon_rolleyes: But use waterslides, forget to give it a little bit of clear coat before you apply it...

And one more thing....keep the box i the cold garage for some hours before you paint it with room tempered coating....

cheeb

Big fan of the crackle too, Edvin. It doesn't flake off does it?

frankz00

My 3 first builds:

Fuzz, another kit from moodysounds:

As a fellow Smashing Pumpkins fan, I gotta say THUMBS UP!!!

edvin medvind

Quote from: cheeb on March 11, 2008, 10:26:30 PM
Big fan of the crackle too, Edvin. It doesn't flake off does it?

Nope it's under the clear coating...

Renegadrian

Quote from: frankz00 on March 12, 2008, 01:15:41 AM

As a fellow Smashing Pumpkins fan, I gotta say THUMBS UP!!!

I don't like SP at all, butthe idea is great!
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

Thomeeque

Quote from: Nikolay on March 11, 2008, 11:52:09 AM
Not a big deal, just make a little modification..

Nikolay: Veeeery cute result!!
Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

krhnyc

Just some pics of my stuff;

My pedalboard: (clockwise from top) Grey Box SCH-1, Green ringer clone, Behringer Delay, Boss TU-2, Homemade Wah Wah (in a Dunlop shell), Footswitch for my amp (also homespun), Easyvibe, DOD 290 Optical Compressor, all powered by the Pedal Power II.

Some more toys (clockwise from top): 2 MIJ CE-2's (Green Label '83, Black Label '82), Script Phase 90 (no logo left, no I didn't butcher it for AC, I bought a 1590 enclosure and used the bottom), '85 DOD FX 80, '89 MIJ DC-2, '68 Vox Wah, 18V Cool Cat, early '80's Vesta Chorus, '83 MIJ CE-3, Dano Chicken Salad, '95 SD-2

Veronica, my main squeeze.

And her new sis, Marigold (made by moi, Musikraft Swamp Ash body w/nitro finish, musikraft 1/4 sawn maple neck, nitro, soft "v", .950 thick, 6100 frets, Fender decals, Callaham HW, Fralin pu's)

'61 Strat, '56 Tele, other Strats and Teles, 335, tube amps, '68 Vox Wah, '76 Phase 90, '82 CE-2, '83 CE-2, '83 CE-3, Gray Box SCH-1, '89 DC-2, '80's DOD 280 & FX-80, '80's Vesta Fire Chorus, 18V Cool Cat, Home Built Green Ringer & EasyVibe, '92 SD-2, etc

kurtlives

Not a stompbox but it's in the spirt of DIY... :P

My custom Vibro Champ

Here are some pics...

Up and running!

The guts...I still need to tighten a few things up

I am still tweaking and trying a few mods.
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

andrew_k

Quote from: kurtlives on March 12, 2008, 11:55:55 PM

Nice  :icon_mrgreen:

Ceriatone kit? How do you like it? I'm so tempted by this, but every time I'm about to order one I convince myself I should just keep saving for a Deluxe Reverb RI... Argh...

ambulancevoice

Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

Renegadrian

Chris, the amp looks great! Hope it sounds as it looks... :icon_wink:
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

Thomeeque

May I ask, are there any advantages of using rectifying tubes these days? Is there some thread/article about it?
Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!