News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snoof

you can get a sometimes needed voltage drop w/ tube rectos, and they give the sag that some folks like.  But that said, you can get both of those things other ways than tube rectos.

kurtlives

Quote from: andrew_k on March 13, 2008, 01:19:36 AM
Quote from: kurtlives on March 12, 2008, 11:55:55 PM

Nice  :icon_mrgreen:

Ceriatone kit? How do you like it? I'm so tempted by this, but every time I'm about to order one I convince myself I should just keep saving for a Deluxe Reverb RI... Argh...
I bought the chassis from Ceriatone that is all. Everything else I sourced out myself. It sounds amazing, still tweaking and adding some mods. After I build a Marshall 18W I am building a DR.

No standby necessary on such a small basic amp.

Rectifiers on small amps like this one don't make as much difference. On big amps you will notice them more. Its all about your input power and the sag and added gain blah blah.
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

GravityRobert

Quote from: kurtlives on March 13, 2008, 11:13:56 AM

Ceriatone kit? How do you like it? I'm so tempted by this, but every time I'm about to order one I convince myself I should just keep saving for a Deluxe Reverb RI... Argh...
I bought the chassis from Ceriatone that is all. Everything else I sourced out myself. It sounds amazing, still tweaking and adding some mods. After I build a Marshall 18W I am building a DR.

Rectifiers on small amps like this one don't make as much difference. On big amps you will notice them more. Its all about your input power and the sag and added gain blah blah.

Do you happen to have any documentation on this project? Whats the price estimate as well?  :icon_mrgreen:

Valoosj

Quote from: GravityRobert on March 13, 2008, 12:00:26 PM

Do you happen to have any documentation on this project? Whats the price estimate as well?  :icon_mrgreen:

http://www.guitarzone.com/forum/index.php?s=016ad300b8ac9a227e3e1230a721f621&showtopic=180198
Right here!

Cool to see it finished Kurtlives!
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

Valoosj

Can you guess what this is?  ;D

Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

kismet78

I don't know what that is, but the off kilter pot placement/spacing is driving me bat shit.

Dragonfly

Quote from: Valoosj on March 13, 2008, 12:21:46 PM

BMP, Russian version ... ;)

Valoosj

Quote from: Dragonfly on March 13, 2008, 12:51:54 PM

Correction, the Green BMP russian version.

bancika

This is my newest amp, SLO clone with 5w of power (EL91 tubes)

Cheers
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

Dragonfly

Quote from: Valoosj on March 13, 2008, 01:16:01 PM
Quote from: Dragonfly on March 13, 2008, 12:51:54 PM

Correction, the Green BMP russian version.

I probably should have specified...but since nobody really builds the black version or "civil war" versions... :D

Dragonfly

Quote from: bancika on March 13, 2008, 01:26:41 PM

Cheers

Top notch work !

jjs

Nice clean looking build!
There sure is a lot going on inside :icon_eek:.

bancika

thanks guys  :icon_mrgreen:
it's preamp is copied from the real slo (3 channels, two footswitchable), I only changed output transformer and added separate power supply for power amp (el91 work at 250V, but preamp is run at >350V). I'm putting together a full build report and I'll post it once cabinet is made.
Cheers

tranceracer

Cheers

That UFO Toroidal x-former looks bad-@$$!!   :icon_eek:
Great job nice 'n clean.  Hope it sounds as good as it looks!  :D

bancika

Two more pics, footswitch and preamp wiring detailed. It sounds great, very tight, great OD channel, clean is brilliant and crunch is somewhere in between.
I have recorded few clips with my still camera, doesn't sound great and playing is sloppy, but here's the link for youtube http://youtube.com/user/bancika

Cheers

kawayanstrat

Here are of some of my work. All crammed on my DIY board.

BTW,i like pedals with no finish.(it has that home made feel to it)  ;D

That's from Guitar-->tuner-->BSIAB(W/Low gain fets)-->Z*nD*ive Clone-->Dr.Boogey-->Booster w/tone control-->CE2 clone-->DOD delay

i still have a delay and a compressor to house. :)

SonicVI

My two latest projects, a Colorsound Overdriver clone and an OLC Chunky Cheese in a Hammond sloped enclosure. They aren't wired up yet so no gut shots. I plan on trying my hand at screen printed graphics with these as well.

tranceracer

Quote from: bancika on March 13, 2008, 02:41:12 PM
Two more pics, footswitch and preamp wiring detailed. It sounds great, very tight, great OD channel, clean is brilliant and crunch is somewhere in between.
I have recorded few clips with my still camera, doesn't sound great and playing is sloppy, but here's the link for youtube http://youtube.com/user/bancika
Cheers

HOLY COW!  :icon_eek:  Sounds awsome!

kurtlives

Quote from: GravityRobert on March 13, 2008, 12:00:26 PM

There is a well documented one here... http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=773707    Probbly around $450 maybe less, thats without a speaker and cab.
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

sshrugg

Quote from: Dragonfly on March 13, 2008, 01:29:43 PM
I probably should have specified...but since nobody really builds the black version or "civil war" versions... :D

Guess I better : )

Working on my Green Russian right now, actually... Hopefully I'll have lots of pics soon.
Built: Fuzz Face, Big Muff Pi (Stock), Distortion + (Germanium and Silicon versions)