SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foxfire

Quote from: Barcode80 on March 22, 2008, 10:55:08 PM
Quote from: SonicVI on March 22, 2008, 01:56:56 AM
Colorsound Overdriver clone. One of my favorite overdrive/fuzz pedals.  I used plenty of "mojo" parts, metal can BC109 trannys, Vishay/BC electrolytics, tropical fish, orange drop, and polyester caps, carbon comps.

i haven't been able to find a schem or layout on this. am i just not looking hard enough?

here is the schematic, http://fuzzcentral.ssguitar.com/schematics/overdriverschem.gif and i have a perf layout if you want it?

slacker

There's also a schematic on Aron's Schematics page. There's a PCB layout here and a vero layout in my gallery

Build it it's great, arguably the most versatile booster there is and a great fuzz.

mtherr

Hello Group!  I think I finally figured out how to insert pictures from the Aron's gallery. 

My stompboxes are not close to many that we see here in terms of beauty... but I'm quite happy and I want to keep some time to practice the guitar ;-)

The pedal board is made out of 1"X1/2" steel tubes and 3/3"X3/4" tubes (for the outside frame).  The two first rows are welded flush with the outside frame while the row behind are welded on top of the frame (giving me two levels and allowing my to push the footswitches from the back row  w/o pushing on the front row pedals.  A band of velcro is installed on each cross tube.  I also installed rods underneath to hold the wiring in place.  The power bar is presently on top because I do not have too many boxes... but it can also be mounted on the back side.

Dan... oui, je parles français. 

Michel

cpnyc23

very nice work mtherr!

-chris
"I've traveled the world and never seen a statue of a critic."    -  Leonard Bernstein

yeeshkul

JisforJustin

Quote from: yeeshkul on March 23, 2008, 11:51:16 AM
TS808/9

Man, that is beautiful! Very professional, nice job!

Renegadrian

What are those 3 switches?
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

yeeshkul

they are: 808/9, sym/asym, normal/fat sound

SonicVI

Quote from: kurtlives on March 22, 2008, 05:40:02 PM
Quote from: SonicVI on March 21, 2008, 03:46:55 AM
Completed two builds today, a Tonepad Red Llama and a Rangemaster with three way input cap slide switch.

Where did you get that enclosure you used for the RM?

Mouser. It's made by Bud.

StephenGiles

Quote from: mtherr on March 23, 2008, 08:10:16 AM
Hello Group!  I think I finally figured out how to insert pictures from the Aron's gallery. 

My stompboxes are not close to many that we see here in terms of beauty... but I'm quite happy and I want to keep some time to practice the guitar ;-)

The pedal board is made out of 1"X1/2" steel tubes and 3/3"X3/4" tubes (for the outside frame).  The two first rows are welded flush with the outside frame while the row behind are welded on top of the frame (giving me two levels and allowing my to push the footswitches from the back row  w/o pushing on the front row pedals.  A band of velcro is installed on each cross tube.  I also installed rods underneath to hold the wiring in place.  The power bar is presently on top because I do not have too many boxes... but it can also be mounted on the back side.

Dan... oui, je parles français. 

Michel

That is an amazing looking pedalboard.
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

andrew_k

(i made the blue LED much less bright after taking this shot ;))

This is my twin channel Valvecaster.
The right stompswitch is bypass, the left switches between the two channels. The left knob is tone, then the channel selection LED, then gain and volume. I really like the sound of this pedal at the end of my pedal chain, it does a great job of adding some warmth to my sterile SS practice amp. 'delay > vibe > valvecaster' sounds excellent, as does running a cranked distortion into this box. :icon_mrgreen:
R1 and R2 form the standard valvecaster circuit have been halved to reduce gain. Other than that, the values are all stock... even though I spent about 6 hours messing with this on the breadboard, I kept coming back to the standard tone stack!
I know it's kinda tacky, but I figured since I was putting holes in the top to allow ventilation for the tube, I may as well stick a white LED in the tube socket. I like how that bit turned out.

Because I made this for recording and for having on all the time, I wanted it as silent as possible. For this reason I made the rat's nest of wires even more complex by shielding the input/output/tone stack leads and using star grounding. (that's what that mess next to the input socket is... can star grounding ever look neat?)

There is one improvement I'd like to make, but I'll probably start a thread looking for help on that once I've had time to do some research and attempt to answer my own questions ;)

Overall, I'm very happy with this pedal and will make some sound samples later in the week. If anyone wants the drilling template or to know how the tube bracket is made (super cheap and simple), I'm happy to help, but I'm not going to make up a PDF wiring diagram until I've got one last improvement sorted.

Renegadrian

Great Valvy, Andrew!!! Really nice pedal!!!  :icon_wink:
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

andrew_k

Thanks Adriano!
And thankyou for the microscopic vero layout! I suck at vero, so having such a compact layout available was a big help  :D

dellamorte

Here is a Easy-Vibe i made :)
thanks john hollis and dragonfly !!
Built=SHO,DOD 250,Atari punk console,Fuzz Factory,Easy Vibe,Burning Crunch,Modded Vm fuzz (2n5088+bmp tonestack),Wah Probe,Wooly Mammoth,Eternity,Big Muff Tri
Up Next = ???
Eventually = Firefly, rackmount L5 preamp
http://dellamorte.gofreeserve.com

Boogdish

EA Tremolo.  I'm still trying to get the DC hum out of the signal, but other than that it's done.  My first time baking the clear coat.

Stu Diddly

What kind of clear coat did you use and how long did you bake it?

Boogdish

It's "Colorplace" brand, which is the cheapest stuff that they had at Walmart.  I put on 3 or 4 coats, waiting about 20 minutes between coats right before going to bed, then I let it sit out overnight and when I woke up I put it in the toaster oven for about an hour. 

juse

Quote from: SonicVI on March 19, 2008, 06:58:39 PM
Finally wired up my OLC Chunky Cheese.  The case is a Hammond 1456CE2.

What kind of pcb material is this?

StephenGiles

Quote from: JisforJustin on March 23, 2008, 12:41:51 PM
Quote from: yeeshkul on March 23, 2008, 11:51:16 AM
TS808/9

Man, that is beautiful! Very professional, nice job!

Ah, the Mekon - if only I'd kept all my old copies of the Eagle comic! Looks brilliant.
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

SonicVI

Quote from: juse on March 24, 2008, 11:41:48 AM
Quote from: SonicVI on March 19, 2008, 06:58:39 PM
Finally wired up my OLC Chunky Cheese.  The case is a Hammond 1456CE2.

What kind of pcb material is this?

It's regular FM-4 or epoxy, I'm not sure. It just looks different because it has a black solder mask.