News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

searoad

Finally I can contribute to this thread!

left: RM mongoose(rocket!)  right:Shocktave

left: 4ms Tremulus lune  right: MXR EF(it is a colorful pedal not like what it looks)

left: ROG Omega boost  right: ROG English channel

upper: ge/si fuzzes...have not boxed up  lower:MFOS WSG reborn

greigoroth

Quote from: Dragonfly on March 24, 2008, 04:33:01 PM

Andy... or should I say... Andre???

Couldn't find the original picture at work without arousing suspicion so we get the Metallica version ;)
Built: GGG Green Ringer

MarcoMike

I hope it wasn't done in the same way of the Metallica cover... the title of the original artwork is "Blood and Semen III"....
Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible.

Dragonfly

Quote from: greigoroth on March 25, 2008, 06:27:16 AM

Andy... or should I say... Andre???

Couldn't find the original picture at work without arousing suspicion so we get the Metallica version ;)

WOW  ! Thats cool...Ive never really looked at that before...but I'm not a Metallica fan, so that would explain it.

It definitely has a similar look to it !

juse

Here are a couple that are on the drying rack now... No longer just plain old "swirls", I'm moving into some cool new techniques....

I like these new ones better because they are organic looking instead of manufactured. Being thinned & blown around looks nice indeed. Kinda planetary.

disto

Quote from: John Lyons on March 24, 2008, 01:52:01 PM

More copper plating experiments.
Chemical etch and poorman's copperplating

copper plating! cant wait to see some gold or silver plating next lol

it looks good though i wonder if you can get it to age and green like you can with normal copper.

John Lyons

Getting the copper plating to green/patina is the easy part. Plating copper on to aluminum is difficult.
I just barely got buy with my hack copper plate job here.
Gold or silver plating is possible...not a fan of either though honestly.

John

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

caress

Quote from: searoad on March 25, 2008, 03:00:42 AM

left: 4ms Tremulus lune  right: MXR EF(it is a colorful pedal not like what it looks)

where did you get the knobs for the MXR EF?  part number?
theyr'e great.

Dragonfly

Quote from: caress on March 25, 2008, 05:53:08 PM

where did you get the knobs for the MXR EF?  part number?
theyr'e great.

www.pedalpartsplus.com carries them.

caress

the pedalpartsplus knobs are the same that mouser and smallbear carry... those in the pic look slightly wider and the pointed sides meet the base, whereas the others have a base which peeks a bit at the bottom...

Dragonfly

Quote from: caress on March 25, 2008, 07:03:21 PM
the pedalpartsplus knobs are the same that mouser and smallbear carry... those in the pic look slightly wider and the pointed sides meet the base, whereas the others have a base which peeks a bit at the bottom...

I used to have some - cant remember where I got them though - it didnt make enough difference to me "personally" to have mattered enough to notice. Check Beavis' website in his "knob-o-rama" or whatever its called...might be something there.

Best of luck,
  AC

cuberius

Just a photo of the lamp I'm going to use in my next project:

Valoosj

Do I even need to mention what this is? :D

Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

selectortone

Hi, newbie says hello!

I've been lurking for a while and learning lots....

Here are some of my builds -

My gigging pedalboard including a Tonepad Rebote 2.5 delay, an EA trem and a BYOC 5-knob compressor:

And some more pedals, an MXR Dist+ with 3-way diode selector (built that on vero), a Das Musikding Rangemaster and an Orange Squeezer (board from GGG):

The Rebote - It has two sets of Repeat and Time controls multiplexed by a 3PDT with dual colour LED so that I can have a footswitchable slapback and longer echo .

The EA Trem (sorry about the dust!) - The trem is switchable so that I can use the nice built-in boost on its own. Flashing LED for trem speed:

The BYOC Compressor - very nice versatile comp:

I design the fascias with DTP software, print them onto photopaper, laminate them and stick them with double-sided tape.

Next two builds are a rehouse of a Dano Chicken Salad and a Rocky Road into one BB enclosure and a Tonepad MXR Phase 90.

Hope you like the pics!

Pushtone

Quote from: selectortone on March 27, 2008, 10:59:16 AM
Hi, newbie says hello!

I've been lurking for a while and learning lots....

Here are some of my builds -

Very nice pedals. You've been lurking well.

What caught my eye was that power modual.
Is that a BNC connector to disconnect the power?
Thats smart. I cringe when I see powerbars and wall warts on the board.

It's time to buy a gun. That's what I've been thinking.
Maybe I can afford one, if I do a little less drinking. - Fred Eaglesmith

jefe

Yeah selectortone, looks realy nice! I like your simple use of just laminating and taping the labels. I live in an apartment, so it's very difficult for me to do any elaborate spray paint, so I've been thinking of doing something just like this.

Quote from: Pushtone on March 27, 2008, 11:16:22 AM

That does look cool. I'd like to know more about that as well. I've been kicking around ideas for powering my pedalboard.

Pushtone, care to elaborate on why you "cringe when I see powerbars and wall warts on the board"? How do you power your board, if you don't mind sharing?

selectortone

Quote from: Pushtone on March 27, 2008, 11:16:22 AM

Very nice pedals. You've been lurking well.

Thanks!

The connector is a locking female connector like this one (but two-way):

I have a 1.5 amp dc supply on the other end, on a nice long heavy-duty cable so I can tuck it out of the way behind my amp. Had too many beers spilled on mains cables in the past!

edit: and it's 230v over here too! ouch.....

gutsofgold

Quote from: Dragonfly on March 25, 2008, 08:36:40 PM
Quote from: caress on March 25, 2008, 07:03:21 PM

I used to have some - cant remember where I got them though - it didnt make enough difference to me "personally" to have mattered enough to notice. Check Beavis' website in his "knob-o-rama" or whatever its called...might be something there.

Best of luck,
  AC

Hey Andrew, just wondering if those fuzz parts shipped?

Dragonfly

Quote from: gutsofgold on March 27, 2008, 11:49:22 AM

Hey Andrew, just wondering if those fuzz parts shipped?

Yep. It took a bit because of the hernia. I couldn't just let the postman take it as they've been messing things up, so I had to take it to the post office. You should have received them by now.

BTW...did you PM or email me ? This thread really "isn't" for asking about parts shipment. ;)

Dragonfly

Beautiful work Selectortone !