News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pushtone

Quote from: jefe on March 27, 2008, 11:29:20 AM

Pushtone, care to elaborate on why you "cringe when I see powerbars and wall warts on the board"? How do you power your board, if you don't mind sharing?

Because of:

1. the waste of space they take up
2. electro magnetic interference (EMI 60Hz hum)
3. added weight to your board
4. adds to the chaos down stage (beer spillage example as above post)
5. promotes ground loops because you might not be able to plug your amp and pedal board into the same AC circuit.

However, if one or more of your pedals are AC powered with their own 3-prong cord you may not have a choice.

It's time to buy a gun. That's what I've been thinking.
Maybe I can afford one, if I do a little less drinking. - Fred Eaglesmith

jefe

Quote from: Pushtone on March 27, 2008, 12:30:57 PM
Because of:

1. the waste of space they take up
2. electro magnetic interference (EMI 60Hz hum)
3. added weight to your board
4. adds to the chaos down stage (beer spillage example as above post)
5. promotes ground loops because you might not be able to plug your amp and pedal board into the same AC circuit.

However, if one or more of your pedals are AC powered with their own 3-prong cord you may not have a choice.

Hmm, ok, all good points. You've given me more questions now, but this isn't the apropriate thread to go in to it. Maybe I'll start a thread tonight. Thanks!

Krinor

Okay, just a simple Fuzz Face I just finished tonight.
I used Dragonfly's perf layout and germanium transistors from Smallbear at 82 and 128 Hfe. Finally I got a perfectly biased and really warm and liquid sounding fuzz.  :icon_cool: I used a box from Pedalenclosures as usual.  :icon_wink:

foxfire

those sure are pretty boxes. the rounded corners make all the difference. nice job.

Valoosj

Still have to put the knobs on.
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

Timebutt

Wow great etching!
Makes me want to get into etching very fast :)
The font reminds me of the Discovery (Daft Punk) album cover (http://www.lemonsound.com/visuels/uploaded/daft_punk_discovery_front(1).jpg), am I close? :)
Completed Projects: Gus Smalley Booster, Modded Russian Big Muff, Orange Squeezer, BYOC Vibrato, Phase 90

dellamorte

here is my 1st Dragonfly swirl With enamels :)
i thinned them a touch with mineral turpentine and used a q-tip to apply the paint.

cant wait till its dry !!
Built=SHO,DOD 250,Atari punk console,Fuzz Factory,Easy Vibe,Burning Crunch,Modded Vm fuzz (2n5088+bmp tonestack),Wah Probe,Wooly Mammoth,Eternity,Big Muff Tri
Up Next = ???
Eventually = Firefly, rackmount L5 preamp
http://dellamorte.gofreeserve.com

Valoosj

Quote from: Timebutt on March 29, 2008, 06:16:28 AM
Wow great etching!
Makes me want to get into etching very fast :)
The font reminds me of the Discovery (Daft Punk) album cover (http://www.lemonsound.com/visuels/uploaded/daft_punk_discovery_front(1).jpg), am I close? :)

You're not close :D
The word Rock comes from a sticker from the late 80ies, you can find several of them on Jerry Cantrell's guitar. I received a few from a friendly american.
Then a friend added the words box of with photoshop.

Dellamorte, that swirl is very nice!
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

Renegadrian

I agree, definitely great swirls!!!  :icon_wink:
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

Valoosj

Ok, it's finished and looking good.

Focalized

Beros

Made this some time ago:

It's a BS170 booster/overdrive thingy with switchable clipping diodes.
Man ska inte ligga med lik

michal_k

wow, nice, clear etch. i love the font of 'uberdrify' too

Hanglow

Can't come close to the artistic merit of almost all your pedals and picture taking ability :'(

Here is a Dr Boogey, made out of a car stereo chassis. I think the flash brings up the sanding....you can't really see that in the flesh

and my in progress firefly - I'd like to refurbish the tatty park G10 cab but I'm very lazy and to be honest my efforts would probably make it look worse. I'm not too impressed with the water slide decals either. You don't want to see inside  :icon_frown:

petemoore

Cool Stuff mahn.
  I'd like to try those out, I don't have anything like them here.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

timotet

I saw the picture of the space age looking ruby amp and the thread about whats the best amp for testing your pedals and got inspired
to build my own bench top micro amp. Heres my ruby, 5" x 5" inch cube with a massive 3.5" speaker  :icon_mrgreen: :icon_twisted:
front inside
side

but wait there's more!!!

it glows!! ha ha how fun is that? ;D

Timebutt

Wow, that glow looks nice :)
How did you get it to shine so bright, perhaps you used a few LED's because my superbright ones are always very 'directional'?
Completed Projects: Gus Smalley Booster, Modded Russian Big Muff, Orange Squeezer, BYOC Vibrato, Phase 90

kawayanstrat

Here's my latest. I want to save space on my board.hehehe

A fet based micro booster

Here it is on my board.

I just looove unfinished pedals. ;D

12milluz

^^very nice! What circuit did you use in the little booster? Do you have a schematic?
Quote from: Processaurus
You need a glade plug-in, in on a footswitch.  Kick on the big muff, then hit the air freshener pedal.

Visit my site: http://www.freewebs.com/12milluzmusic

Renegadrian

Quote from: Beros on March 30, 2008, 07:40:54 AM
Made this some time ago:

It's a BS170 booster/overdrive thingy with switchable clipping diodes.

Nice one, Beros, could you please explain better the circuit or post it, if you don't mind sharing?!

Timotet, nice glow there...It's an eye catcher for sure!!!
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!