News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frank_p

Quote from: Dragonfly on April 08, 2008, 09:24:24 PM
I urge you guys to start looking at this thread at the beginning... look at the builds people were doing just a couple of years ago. While they were charming in their own right, and many looked pretty cool (especially for their time), they are nowhere near what you guys are turning out these days ! Some of these builds you guys are doing...even "first" and "second" builds...are just mind boggling to those of us who have been around for a while. Amazing !

It should be seen as how useful the work of generous DIYers as been !!!  Thanks to the veterans !  ;)

arawn

Here Here, If it wasn't for you Guys I would have given up or never realized that I could build my own or mod the generic store bought ones  ;D :icon_biggrin:
"Consistency is the Hobgoblin of Small Minds!"

Gus Smalley clean boost, Whisker biscuit, Professor Tweed, Ruby w/bassman Mods, Dan Armstrong Orange Squeezer, Zvex SHO, ROG Mayqueen, Fetzer Valve, ROG UNO, LPB1, Blue Magic

Just1More

Quote from: andrew_k on April 08, 2008, 09:55:13 PM
I urge you guys to start looking at this thread at the beginning...

+1

It took me months, but I eventually worked my way through the whole thread.  Lots of great stuff here.

tranceracer

I urge you guys to start looking at this thread at the beginning... look at the builds people were doing just a couple of years ago. While they were charming in their own right, and many looked pretty cool (especially for their time), they are nowhere near what you guys are turning out these days ! Some of these builds you guys are doing...even "first" and "second" builds...are just mind boggling to those of us who have been around for a while. Amazing !

Amen brother!  This is actually the thread that made me join this group and stared building my own pedals!  It took me 3-4 days to go thru the thread at 180 pages and still worth every minute as this thread continues to grow!   :D

Quote from: andrew_k on April 08, 2008, 09:55:13 PM
It's a real shame many of the photos in the early posts are starting to disappear due to hosting.

Yea, web rot is a bummer tho on many of the treads on this great forum.    >:(

Valoosj

I will post a tutorial on the plexiglass asap! The led is a colour changing one. A rainbow LED.
I took enough pics while working, so I should be able to make a tutorial. Probly tonight.

And Dragonfly, without the earlier generation I would have never been able to even make pedals, let alone such nice ones!
So thanks to all you old geezers  ;D
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

~arph

Quote from: juse on April 08, 2008, 09:59:35 PM
Quote from: sshrugg on April 08, 2008, 08:22:10 PM
Quote from: kurtlives on April 08, 2008, 08:12:56 PM
For the plexi glass all you need is plexi glass and dont forget to counter sink the bolts.

The only difficulty I had with mine is sanding down the lip of the enclosures lid so it would sit right up against the plexiglass.  Took a million years, but it's worth it.

Melt it into the plexi with an iron... lay the plexi on a table or bench or whatever, then the lid on top of it with the lip/ridge side down, then the iron on the top. Press the iron against the lid until it is warm enough to melt down into the plexi. Piece of cake. Then you have a channel that the lid will always sit in.

That's how I do it, trouble is that metal expands when it gets hot.. when it shrinks again chances are very likely the plexy will crack. I have that 70% of the time. So the best is probably to remove parts of the lids bevel. Oh and Valoosj if you do a tutorial that would be great, but please give me some credits for the original idea.  8)

Valoosj

I was already planning to do so. Did you come up with the idea when walking throug IKEA? Watching their funny lamps with plexi?
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

~arph

No I don't actually recall how I came up with it. I think it was through some casemodding websites, where they used plexi for the harddisk activity. It's a quiet common way to transport LED light to places/sizes it normally does not support.

mrrain

Atari punk console with ldrs, color changing led, speaker, volume control,....

more pics:http://flickr.com/photos/13688444@N07/sets/72157604459209407/

kvb

Quote from: mrrain on April 09, 2008, 12:34:55 PM

nice toggles. plastic?
if metal, got a part# + source

birt

Quote from: Renegadrian on April 08, 2008, 08:11:41 PM
The tube steamer is so good, simple but effective...And god, that TL...Jaw dropping... :icon_eek: (should be a jaw dropping icon...)

there ya go.
http://www.last.fm/user/birt/
visit http://www.effectsdatabase.com for info on (allmost) every effect in the world!

Renegadrian

Quote from: birt on April 09, 2008, 01:00:15 PM
Quote from: Renegadrian on April 08, 2008, 08:11:41 PM
The tube steamer is so good, simple but effective...And god, that TL...Jaw dropping... :icon_eek: (should be a jaw dropping icon...)

there ya go.

Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

gutsofgold

Ruby amp with bassman mods. Very happy with it, I can't believe how good it sounds.
It's an old transistor radio I got from a pawn shop in canada. The original tuning dial is now the volume.

and if you want to hear how it sounds, click here

mr.adambeck

NICE RUBY AMP!  I've been wanting to build an amp in an old radio...  I still need some more practice before I think I'll be able to pull it off though.  Where did you find the Bassman Mods?  This is definitely going on my list of things to build.

Cardboard Tube Samurai

Quote from: mrrain on April 09, 2008, 12:34:55 PM

more pics:http://flickr.com/photos/13688444@N07/sets/72157604459209407/

Please explain your use of the LDRs

DWBH

Quote from: gutsofgold on April 09, 2008, 03:58:55 PM
Ruby amp with bassman mods. Very happy with it, I can't believe how good it sounds.
It's an old transistor radio I got from a pawn shop in canada. The original tuning dial is now the volume.

I took the 405 and drove a stake down into your center, and stated that it's never ever been better than this.

arawn

awesome and it sounds great too

Gus Smalley clean boost, Whisker biscuit, Professor Tweed, Ruby w/bassman Mods, Dan Armstrong Orange Squeezer, Zvex SHO, ROG Mayqueen, Fetzer Valve, ROG UNO, LPB1, Blue Magic

gutsofgold

Quote from: DWBH on April 09, 2008, 06:18:24 PM
Quote from: gutsofgold on April 09, 2008, 03:58:55 PM

I took the 405 and drove a stake down into your center, and stated that it's never ever been better than this.

;D Thats one of those songs I learned growing up and it stuck with me. I think I'll listen to that album tonight actually.

gutsofgold

Quote from: mr.adambeck on April 09, 2008, 04:59:06 PM
NICE RUBY AMP!  I've been wanting to build an amp in an old radio...  I still need some more practice before I think I'll be able to pull it off though.  Where did you find the Bassman Mods?  This is definitely going on my list of things to build.

The bassman mods are actually listed on the ruby site at runoffgroove.com

arawn