News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ConanB

Quote from: ACS on April 13, 2008, 06:46:22 AM
I notice you're in Melb - where are you sourcing your 3PDT's from?  I'm still trying to find the best source!

I'm also in Melb and haven't found anyplace with 3PDT, so I just ordered a bunch from Aron's store ;)

Now to finish the offboard wires for the box in front of me...

andrew_k

Quote from: ACS on April 13, 2008, 06:46:22 AM
Nice!  Looking real good there mate.  I notice you're in Melb - where are you sourcing your 3PDT's from?  I'm still trying to find the best source!

Thanks  ;D  I got the white ones form eBay, user 'hongkongsuperseller'. There are Australian sources for the blue ones and the Fulltone corksniffer 3PDTs, but you're better off buying them here (STORE link up top ;) )

ConanB

Build number 3 (4 if the 9v regulator counts I guess ;) )...

I was originally after straight black lines but I kinda like the tattered edges it ended up with.

Thanks to the people who gave me some camera work suggestions ;)

And thanks to this forum  ;D

liddokun

Quote from: ambulancevoice on April 13, 2008, 03:24:18 AM
Quote from: liddokun on April 12, 2008, 09:14:06 PM

Also, my take on a ROG Ruby.

Cheers

ive love those rubys that are built like mini Marshall amp heads, they look so damn cool, even though ROG describes the ruby as "Fender-ish"
oh wait! JTM 45!

Yea, I love the way the Ruby sounds. Though I  built mines stock, no Bassman mods.  I think the sound you get out of it also depends on the guitar (obviously). With my telecaster going through it, its really Fender like, but with my ES 335 going through it, thicker JTM like tones.  I'm running it through a 1x12 right now, so it's pretty loud, but I'm trying to get my hands on a Marshall 4x12 cab and see how it can push those 12 inchers.

Here's a peak inside my Ruby:

Cheers
To those about to rock, we salute you.

ambulancevoice

whats THC btw?
to hard core?
total harmonic chaos?
toodle hoodle coo?
tom hates carl?
this has cojones?

Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

tehfunk

Quote from: ConanB on April 13, 2008, 10:38:54 AM

I was originally after straight black lines but I kinda like the tattered edges it ended up with.

great work man!
Quote from: ambulancevoice on April 13, 2008, 12:45:07 PM
whats THC btw?
to hard core?
total harmonic chaos?
toodle hoodle coo?
tom hates carl?
this has cojones?

hahaha, just had to throw in the tom hates carl, yeah, I was wondering the same thing.
Carvin CT6M > diystompboxes.com > JCM800 4010

The tools of the artist give you a chance to twist and bend the laws of nature and to cut-up and reshape the fabric of reality - John Frusciante

liddokun

Quote from: ambulancevoice on April 13, 2008, 12:45:07 PM
whats THC btw?
to hard core?
total harmonic chaos?
toodle hoodle coo?
tom hates carl?
this has cojones?

Its an Anime group I belong to.  Yeah, kinda geeky...but aren't we all geeks afterall?  It's basically a group of people who do costumes for anime conventions.
The THC stands for Thigh High Chaps, because a lot of the costumes that some of the people had to wear were "thigh high", and as for the chaps part...there was a costume once where a friend of mine named Chris had to wear semi chaps.  So the Chaps=Chris's Ass Pants.  It's basically us making fun of him.
But it could also be Tom Hates Carl =P

frequencycentral

And there was me thinking it was Tetra Hydro Cannabinol...................... :'(
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

liddokun

Haha!
Yea, I was kind of worried some people would see that and think I was a pothead >.>

Fuzzy-Train

Damn... got a lot of catching up to do in this thread. I'm it's all top notch work as always guys.
THERE IS NO SIG.

The user formerly known as NoNothing.

Stuff I built!
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w106/Cpt_sergeant/?start=allRandom

StephenGiles

Quote from: ConanB on April 13, 2008, 10:38:54 AM

Looks very good, and a very nice clear picture.

"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

liddokun

Oh man.  :icon_mrgreen:
Shoulda never put THC on my Ruby.

Dragonfly

Quote from: liddokun on April 13, 2008, 05:26:52 PM
Oh man.  :icon_mrgreen:
Shoulda never put THC on my Ruby.

I thought that's why you "did" put it on there !   :o

liddokun

Maybe, I had THC on one of my Orange Squeezer's recently too.  But I sanded it off because I needed the enclosure to build your one knob fuzz into. 
The compressor was called "THC Squeeze".  :icon_mrgreen:

Dragonfly

Quote from: liddokun on April 13, 2008, 05:36:58 PM
Maybe, I had THC on one of my Orange Squeezer's recently too.  But I sanded it off because I needed the enclosure to build your one knob fuzz into. 
The compressor was called "THC Squeeze".  :icon_mrgreen:

;D

Dragonfly

Two that are getting clear coat and drying right now...

The blue / Silver / Black one is a custom Magnolia Fuzz I'm building for someone, and the Red / Silver / Black one is yet to be decided. These look a LOT better in person than they do i the pictures.

I'm just glad I'm getting back to the point where I can work again... LOTS to catch up on.

kvb

Crappy digital cameras suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.  Oh well, here's some more pics.

Now you can see why it had to be called the "Starfire".
The custom washers are actually covering custom spacers in goofed up holes.
Custom knobs too!

The LED goes from blue to red.

guts

If you look closely (through the blur) you can see that the two transistors are standing on a third piece of perf that is perpendicular to the two parallel ones.
The LED is on the opposite side and is held tight against the underside of the enclosure.
The two are held together with standoffs. Everthing is held in place by having been soldered to the two push-pull pots.
The tone section is mounted on both sides of the pushpullpots.

Apologies again for the blur.

Renegadrian

Quote from: frequencycentral on April 13, 2008, 01:07:50 PM
And there was me thinking it was Tetra Hydro Cannabinol...................... :'(

Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

liddokun

Quote from: Dragonfly on April 13, 2008, 05:57:15 PM
Two that are getting clear coat and drying right now...

The blue / Silver / Black one is a custom Magnolia Fuzz I'm building for someone, and the Red / Silver / Black one is yet to be decided. These look a LOT better in person than they do i the pictures.

I'm just glad I'm getting back to the point where I can work again... LOTS to catch up on.

Those look damn nice in the pictures to me, so they must look amazing in person. 
Quote from: Renegadrian on April 13, 2008, 06:32:42 PM
Quote from: frequencycentral on April 13, 2008, 01:07:50 PM

I should put that on my next build.  I'll make it a Treble Boost and call it "THC High Boost" :icon_mrgreen: