News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bleubleu

Quote from: Grizz on April 16, 2008, 01:14:42 PM
Bleubleu, what kind of software do you use to make your graphics?

Grizz

I work with Microsoft Visio. It is right in the middle between a diagram application and a vector graphics/publisher type application. I like it.

Mat
Completed : Fuzz face, Big Muff Pi, Rebote Delay 2.5, DOD 280 Comp, RAT, BSIAB2, EHX Pulsar, DS-1, TS-808, Buffered Wah, Electric Mistress, DOD 440 EF, Dyno My Piano, Power Supply
Building : 6-Band EQ, Mr. EQ, Polyphaser, Ross Phaser, ROG Omega & Thor

Used666

Got a little big muff today....The original owner said it was painted red. Red it was, but it looked like this....

]

After a morning of sanding/priming/painting.

It now looks like this.

Honestly have no idea what drove me to pick those colors but i think the end product looks awesome.

gutsofgold

Quote from: Dragonfly on April 17, 2008, 02:26:29 PM
I suppose it could be tried, but I do swirls quite a bit differently now that I was doing when I did the tutorial.

I thought so, yours look like they almost aren't layered. The last few remind me of those colorful granite countertops you see in houses.

darron

haven't posted in ages, simply because i haven't built anything for myself!

It's a simple AC128 PNP booster. The theme was minimalism. I wanted something that fit between the battery and the audio jacks. No power filtering or anything like that.

this was also my first successful test of solder masked circuit boards. it didn't REALLY mask the solder as the solder managed to melt its way through where it wanted to, but that okay. all i wanted it to do was protect the copper traces and look really fricken cool  8)

enclosure and circuit board were acid etched. the etch masks were done on an epilog 25 watt co2 laser at 600 dpi, full power, full speed, using two passes to make sure it was perfectly clean. the solder mask was done at 400 dpi.

SINCE dragonfly already set precedent....

not a good image, taken from my iSight. it's a wooded scratchplate i did for a music man bass guitar for a friend. it's got an image burnt in of some sort of african cat with long ears, forgotten the name? ahh well. also etched and cut with a co2 laser.
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

andrew_k

Wow darron, fantastic work with that laser!
I think the cat is a Lynx  ???

I need to talk to you about lasering my neovibe enclosure and maybe my ada flanger enclosure... can that laser of yours do angled surfaces? I'll finalize the layouts over the weekend and PM you about it  :)

darron

Quote from: andrew_k on April 17, 2008, 07:17:59 PM
Wow darron, fantastic work with that laser!
I think the cat is a Lynx  ???

I need to talk to you about lasering my neovibe enclosure and maybe my ada flanger enclosure... can that laser of yours do angled surfaces? I'll finalize the layouts over the weekend and PM you about it  :)

thanks andrew (:

yep lynx. you made me google it. the name we were calling it was a caracal though which threw me off.

dellamorte

i few different pedals in various stages of completion

clockwise from top - modded fuzz factory, SHO, dragonfly's VMF fuzz with 2n5088's and bmp tone control, lovepedal eternity.
thanks everyone foe sharing your knowledge!
Built=SHO,DOD 250,Atari punk console,Fuzz Factory,Easy Vibe,Burning Crunch,Modded Vm fuzz (2n5088+bmp tonestack),Wah Probe,Wooly Mammoth,Eternity,Big Muff Tri
Up Next = ???
Eventually = Firefly, rackmount L5 preamp
http://dellamorte.gofreeserve.com

Austin73

Thats cool work Darron but just one question - where on earth did you get a laser etcher from and I presume it was cheap ish as all the ones I found were 7K+

Aus
Bazz Fuss, Red LLama, Harmonic Jerkulator, LoFo MoFo, NPN Boost, Bronx Cheer, AB Box, Dual Loop, Crash Sync

BDuguay

Quote from: darron on April 17, 2008, 06:49:44 PM
haven't posted in ages, simply because i haven't built anything for myself!

It's a simple AC128 PNP booster. The theme was minimalism. I wanted something that fit between the battery and the audio jacks. No power filtering or anything like that.

this was also my first successful test of solder masked circuit boards. it didn't REALLY mask the solder as the solder managed to melt its way through where it wanted to, but that okay. all i wanted it to do was protect the copper traces and look really fricken cool  8)

enclosure and circuit board were acid etched. the etch masks were done on an epilog 25 watt co2 laser at 600 dpi, full power, full speed, using two passes to make sure it was perfectly clean. the solder mask was done at 400 dpi.

SINCE dragonfly already set precedent....

not a good image, taken from my iSight. it's a wooded scratchplate i did for a music man bass guitar for a friend. it's got an image burnt in of some sort of african cat with long ears, forgotten the name? ahh well. also etched and cut with a co2 laser.

Hands down the largest status indicator I've seen on a pedal.
It looks fantastic!
Nice work.
B

darron

Quote from: Austin73 on April 18, 2008, 09:03:25 AM
Thats cool work Darron but just one question - where on earth did you get a laser etcher from and I presume it was cheap ish as all the ones I found were 7K+

Aus

thanks Austin (:

i had to import it from the States to Australia. cost a bit more than 7K... a fair bit more... there are cheap chinese ones out there, but apparently you don't want one.

BDuguay, i really like those LEDs (:          they are 10mm and come with a nice chrome bezel. they are also really easy to solder too. give a vintage amp light effect to a pedal i think. they are from altronics

Fleetdog

After a few years of tinkering and breadboarding, I finally built a couple of complete pedals and boxed them up. 

On the left is a SHO and on the right is a GGG Orange Squeezer.

SHO gut shot.  I didn't put much work into the outside of this one, but I'm pretty proud of my tiny perfboard layout.

Here's the sqeezer guts.  This was a kit so I obviously put way more work into the case than the circuit on this one, though I am working on fine tuning the ratio and attack/release times with the 2 socketed resistors.

SonicVI

Love the argyle look!

Renegadrian

Quote from: Fleetdog on April 18, 2008, 10:51:15 AM

SHO gut shot.  I didn't put much work into the outside of this one, but I'm pretty proud of my tiny perfboard layout.

Really? I made a vero that's 15*5 holes...
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

nokaster

Quote from: Renegadrian on April 18, 2008, 11:57:13 AM

mine is 10x6

men bragging about who's got the smallest...  ::)

Renegadrian

Quote from: nokaster on April 18, 2008, 12:00:27 PM

mine is 10x6

Ahahahah usually we do the opposite... :icon_redface:

It's small, yes...But it's SUPER HARD ON!!!  :icon_eek: ;D
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

Gila_Crisis

my last build, the "Octain the Second"

:icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

rikkards

Yeah, I am sorry you need to use Koa not pine to get the uber mojo of that type of build.  :icon_lol:
Quote from: barret77 on August 24, 2005, 09:26:42 PM
Ok, I don't want to sound snob or anything but all your pedals are a shame near my mojo-built hog's foot bass boost. I'm sorry if I'm the best.

:D

Pedals built: Kay Fuzztone, Fuzz Face, Foxx Tone Machine, May Queen, Buffer/Booster, ROG Thor, BSIAB2, ROG Supreaux,  Electrictab JCM800 Emulator, ROG Eighteen
Present Project: '98 Jeep TJ

Boogdish

octain the second looks pretty awesome

Fleetdog

mine is 10x6

The actual circuit only takes up 5x8 there.  If you add on the wires headed off-board and the LED resistor it goes to 6x10 but I wasn't really shooting for compact anymore by that point.

Dragonfly

Quote from: Fleetdog on April 18, 2008, 02:47:40 PM

mine is 10x6

The actual circuit only takes up 5x8 there.  If you add on the wires headed off-board and the LED resistor it goes to 6x10 but I wasn't really shooting for compact anymore by that point.

there are ways to make it much smaller ! ;)