News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

letsgocoyote

mine has a 1/2 inch hole and i *think* its making its complete travel.  it does touch the edge of the hole, but im pretty positive it couldnt go much more than 1mm farther if it wanted too

kurtlives

Mojo magic!

I love those little blue elec caps.
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

Dragonfly

kurtlives

They sound killer...Are yours made in Oz or Mexico?
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

foxfire

Quote from: Dragonfly on May 03, 2008, 06:00:54 PM

i really like that one. well done. i need to spend more time with my breadboard! rylan

Dragonfly

Quote from: kurtlives on May 03, 2008, 06:23:44 PM
They sound killer...Are yours made in Oz or Mexico?

Theyre NOS Phillips BC.

Dragonfly

Quote from: foxfire on May 03, 2008, 06:26:52 PM

i really like that one. well done. i need to spend more time with my breadboard! rylan

The breadboard is our friend !

Valoosj

Quote from: Dragonfly on May 03, 2008, 06:00:54 PM

Damn that thing is RUDE!
Any schems? I really should do some breadboarding :D
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

Dragonfly

Quote from: Valoosj on May 03, 2008, 07:30:55 PM
Damn that thing is RUDE!
Any schems? I really should do some breadboarding :D

HINT: Try using the Muff Fuzz as a starting point.

Valoosj

That's kinda like a fuzz face with added diodes. I'm going to try and come up with something decent :p
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

tehfunk

Well, it's another first for me, my first usage of my breadboard... just tried out the MXR Micro Amp circuit on it. Here are some pics. Just for the hell of it I might see what other components of same values sound like or some different values all together. I'm just happy that both my first pedal and first breadboard worked on first try, I am due for an error  ;D. also, the big resistor (22M), I ordered from mouser didnt realize how big it'd be.

Hope that's not too many pictures for such a nub build.  :icon_lol:
Carvin CT6M > diystompboxes.com > JCM800 4010

The tools of the artist give you a chance to twist and bend the laws of nature and to cut-up and reshape the fabric of reality - John Frusciante

cloudscapes

thats one hell of a resistor!  :icon_eek:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

darron

never understood why the microamp calls for a dual opamp? seems like a stupid waste to me...
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

tehfunk

yea it actually sounds quite good, i just built it because a guitarist i like uses it, it's a beginner build, and i heard good things about it reacting with distortion pedals... Anyway, I changed out the wima cap (.01 uf) with some other values. .22 uf sounded more bassy, .001 sounded more tinny. kinda like a wah (changing frequencies for bass use). i tried an rc4558, not really a noticeable difference, MAYBE (probably my mind just playing tricks on me) the rc4558 was a little more mellow. and changing to xicon did absolutely nothing on the .01 uf cap.
Carvin CT6M > diystompboxes.com > JCM800 4010

The tools of the artist give you a chance to twist and bend the laws of nature and to cut-up and reshape the fabric of reality - John Frusciante

Barcode80

Quote from: darron on May 03, 2008, 10:51:32 PM
never understood why the microamp calls for a dual opamp? seems like a stupid waste to me...
that's why francisco did the stereo microamp on tonepad. he doesn't like wasting an opamp either. but i think he has a version of the microamp using a single.

darron

Quote from: Barcode80 on May 04, 2008, 03:44:17 AM
that's why francisco did the stereo microamp on tonepad. he doesn't like wasting an opamp either. but i think he has a version of the microamp using a single.

i've never noticed that there. the pcb looks very neat and symmetrical. i'll have to keep the idea to save time if i ever make anything in stereo (:

the version on tonepad has the dual opamp too... i guess people are more likely to have those on hand.

ambulancevoice

or maybe mxr really liked the sound of the 4558 opamp compared to others, and still decided to use it for its tone even though its a dual opamp?
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

darron

Quote from: ambulancevoice on May 04, 2008, 07:55:36 AM
or maybe mxr really liked the sound of the 4558 opamp compared to others, and still decided to use it for its tone even though its a dual opamp?

i actually didn't consider that. i'll go with that answer then. they may appreciate the mojo too. the 4558 doesn't really have tone to me (bingo) and i've been using them for prototyping since i have a heap from hongkongsuperseller.

Barcode80

Quote from: darron on May 04, 2008, 03:50:28 AM
Quote from: Barcode80 on May 04, 2008, 03:44:17 AM

i've never noticed that there. the pcb looks very neat and symmetrical. i'll have to keep the idea to save time if i ever make anything in stereo (:

the version on tonepad has the dual opamp too... i guess people are more likely to have those on hand.
it's also a way to to do a nice compact cascade of a microamp and a dist +