News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hamfist

Tonepad Microamp/Dist + layout built to Dist+ specs.  But I used a .0056 input cap, .0022 input to ground cap, and .0022 across the diodes (which are 1n270).  And I used a Burr Brown OPA2134PA.  So it's sort of a Liquid Drive/77 DOD 250... thing.  After a bunch of screwing around and trial and error with the DOD 250/Distortion+ circuit, this is the setup that I like best. 

Just for kicks, I built it on perf, and used BB sized box instead of a B.  I like being able to mount the board on standoffs instead of sticking it to the back of the pots.  And I like being able to use a battery clip instead of foam or whatever to keep the battery from flopping around. 

And I really like the powder coated pedalpartsplus boxes a LOT!

Anyway...

andrew_k

Quote from: Hamfist on May 04, 2008, 03:31:19 PM
And I really like the powder coated pedalpartsplus boxes a LOT!

same here, I just received my first order - 4, including one green textured.

Nice bild man, clean  8)

dellamorte

a proximity based inductorless wah im building for a friend :)
Built=SHO,DOD 250,Atari punk console,Fuzz Factory,Easy Vibe,Burning Crunch,Modded Vm fuzz (2n5088+bmp tonestack),Wah Probe,Wooly Mammoth,Eternity,Big Muff Tri
Up Next = ???
Eventually = Firefly, rackmount L5 preamp
http://dellamorte.gofreeserve.com

Valoosj

:icon_eek: Nice!
If that works you have to let us in on your secret to make the proximity stuff work
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

DWBH

Go to the "other" forum.

Valoosj

Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

cpnyc23

After quite a while, I'm able to post a few pictures.... They've been built for a while but my wife is a photographer - I think she spends more time taking the photos than I do building the pedals!

Harlem River Drive (aka Doug Hammond's Highway 89)

This was built on vero... had lots of problems.  Learned how to make my own circuit boards, rebuilt with MarkM's layout and it works flawlessly.

Great project - highly recommend it!

-chris
"I've traveled the world and never seen a statue of a critic."    -  Leonard Bernstein

Beros

Quote from: dellamorte on May 05, 2008, 12:32:44 PM
a proximity based inductorless wah im building for a friend :)

Do you have a schem?
Man ska inte ligga med lik

cpnyc23

Another one...

This is Jack Orman's Minibooster renamed the MIA (Musical Instrument Amplifier).  I built this pedal for a friend.  His dog, Mia, recently passed away, so I made this in honor of Mia.

-chris

p.s. it is pronounced (mee-a)

p.p.s.  - no there is no op-amp in there.  the symbol was used for a personal and totally different reason between me & my friend.
"I've traveled the world and never seen a statue of a critic."    -  Leonard Bernstein

cpnyc23

eh, why not?

I'll add one more.

The circuit = Alembic Stratoblaster

This one is named simply "Tiger"

The gents at Alembic were 'employed' (not sure if anyone in the scene was 'employed' in the current sense of the word) in the early days by the Grateful Dead.  They built active electronics into one of Garcia's guitars around 1970 (the Alligator - a Strat that was a gift from Graham Nash).  This evolved over the years through a number of forms in Garcia's other guitars, Phil's basses, etc.  The legacy is this circuit. 

The Tiger was a Garcia guitar that defined his sound for many years and is a personal favorite of my mine.  So, to pay tribute to the guitars, the Alembic designers & Gracia....

TIGER

-chris

sshrugg

Thanks for sharing those, Chris!  I love the kinda understated, but very professional graphics.  It's slick design.
Built: Fuzz Face, Big Muff Pi (Stock), Distortion + (Germanium and Silicon versions)

snoof

Nice Chris!

Alligator...

Tiger...

I always liked Wolf as well...

From this site...

http://dozin.com/jers/guitars.html

fluoreszenz

Just finished my Atari Punk Console, quite weird effect   :)

;D

sshrugg

Quote from: fluoreszenz on May 06, 2008, 02:53:54 PM
Just finished my Atari Punk Console, quite weird effect   :)

Cuuuuute!
Built: Fuzz Face, Big Muff Pi (Stock), Distortion + (Germanium and Silicon versions)

gutsofgold

Big Muff with built in blender...

still have a few kinks to work out.

Dragonfly

Reminds me of this one I did a while back....

foxfire

gutsofgold

It's nice having an already beat to shit pedal. You dont have to worry about scratching or chipping it.

Gila_Crisis