Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ambulancevoice

how come you never do gut shots dano?
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

dano12

Quote from: ambulancevoice on May 12, 2008, 03:36:00 PM
how come you never do gut shots dano?

Usually because I get it all boxed up to play with it, then move on to the next project before getting full pics :)

I'll try to be better.  :icon_mrgreen:

Beros

Quote from: dano12 on May 12, 2008, 03:06:59 PM
Smokey amp with increased gain, voltage sag and a cheap chinese meter:

Best name ever.
Man ska inte ligga med lik

cpnyc23

Hey dano

how did you cut the hole for the VU? 

I've always wanted to things like add large holes covered with semi-opaque plexi and lit from behind with various color LED's for no practical reason at all... only problem, is i've never known how to properly cut a circle larger than what my unibit can do (which isn't all that big).

-chris
"I've traveled the world and never seen a statue of a critic."    -  Leonard Bernstein

jakehop

Chris, you can use those cheapo wood drilling saws (for the lack of a better word) that can be mounted to a drill. Those work OK for me on aluminum, but will of course wear out. But they aren't all that expensive. If you wanna do it right, buy the ones made for metal. I've got one I use for tube-holes, and it's awesome!

mfg Jake

andrew_k

Quote from: dano12 on May 12, 2008, 03:37:33 PM
Usually because I get it all boxed up to play with it, then move on to the next project before getting full pics :)

:P

dano12

Quote from: andrew_k on May 12, 2008, 06:49:11 PM
Quote from: dano12 on May 12, 2008, 03:37:33 PM

:P

Yep, that pretty much sums it up. :)

dano12

Quote from: cpnyc23 on May 12, 2008, 05:59:50 PM
Hey dano

how did you cut the hole for the VU? 

I've always wanted to things like add large holes covered with semi-opaque plexi and lit from behind with various color LED's for no practical reason at all... only problem, is i've never known how to properly cut a circle larger than what my unibit can do (which isn't all that big).

-chris

I drilled a hole and then used a nibbler to cut out the circle. It was nibbler hell. My hands are still sore.

I guess a dremel with a cutoff bit would be better.

Fuzzy-Train

LMAO at the name.
THERE IS NO SIG.

The user formerly known as NoNothing.

Stuff I built!
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w106/Cpt_sergeant/?start=allRandom

Hanglow

You can also use hole saw drill bits like this on aluminium etc.

kawayanstrat

cpnyc23

what are those little flecks of silver in the swirl?  ???

-chris
"I've traveled the world and never seen a statue of a critic."    -  Leonard Bernstein

Papa_lazerous

Quote from: cpnyc23 on May 13, 2008, 06:03:35 PM

-chris

my guess is the flash reflecting off of defects in the finish of the clear coat ;)

nice swirl though I like the colours

caress

some new stuff, sorry about the huge images...

a noiseswash.  for anyone into weird sounds, feedback mysteries and sonic mayhem, this is a must build.  it would be right at home in a modular synth as a wave animator of sorts... i only really tested it with a sine wave and it was amazing-ly out of control.  there are some beautiful textures there for sure...

and a not-so-great shot of my vss30 (dirty socks down there!).  i built a wooly mammoth and boxed it in there along with a six-pole active lpf utilizing a max1044 charge pump.  i'm happy - no more plugging into a fuzz.  (such a ghetto drilling job to fit that big switch on the left... but it works well and i've been touring with it!)

frequencycentral

http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

caress

frequencycentral

MXR Distortion+

Switchable clipping: 1n4148's or red LED's.

With a ghostly MXR image!
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

kawayanstrat

Quote from: cpnyc23 on May 13, 2008, 06:03:35 PM

-chris
Those are blue metal flakes. ;D

Dragonfly

Once I get back from visiting family in a week, this hideously ugly box will be housing a "no controls" fuzz similar to a Orange Sunshine. Heck, I might just make a stock OS...what horrible (yet great) sounding beasts they are....

Just a switch, 2 jacks, power, and LED...

This box is somehow "fitting" to that particular circuit.

Boogdish

Quote from: caress on May 13, 2008, 07:16:53 PM

could you point us to a schematic or layout of this?