News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Tone God

My recently restored mic I use for harmonica. I got it as a beat up mid 50s Shure 520SL green bullet, a very popular harmonica mic, with a hacked on cable. I got rid of the cable, put a hole through the mount for a 1/4" cannon connector (will now accept standard instrument cables with no special old screw on connector), removed the serial plate and put in an internal volume control for easy access while playing (no special screw on volume control needed), stripped the paint and refinished it in flat black, and for good measure a hand cut and shaped iron cross strap across the top which besides looking cool serves as a grip when holding the mic.

Andrew

MovingInSloMo

Quote from: The Tone God on May 14, 2008, 03:57:25 PM

My recently restored mic I use for harmonica. I got it as a beat up mid 50s Shure 520SL green bullet, a very popular harmonica mic, with a hacked on cable. I got rid of the cable, put a hole through the mount for a 1/4" cannon connector (will now accept standard instrument cables with no special old screw on connector), removed the serial plate and put in an internal volume control for easy access while playing (no special screw on volume control needed), stripped the paint and refinished it in flat black, and for good measure a hand cut and shaped iron cross strap across the top which besides looking cool serves as a grip when holding the mic.

Andrew

sweet honkin' harpaliscious!

Renegadrian

I love iron crosses...
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

dxm1

Quote from: caress on May 13, 2008, 07:16:53 PM

I've always liked graphic control labels...  Does anyone remember these?

We used to call them 'amp burners'.  With dual 9V batteries, they really put out some signal.

Marcos - Munky

Hey Andrew. What a nice bullet!!!

free electron

After about a year of experiments (on circuit, not enclosure;) here's a finished prototype of my FireStarterII:

And two samples:
Sample1
Sample2

Already working PWM 4 stage phaser with tap tempo function, waiting for its home:

and a sound sample:
Sample

gijimmbo

electron, that is insane!!! nice work!...can't wait to see the phaser

cheeb

Very impressive, free electron. Do you intend to sell these products? It strikes me as very professional. Definitely very nice work.

ACS

Here's my completed 'Industrial Strength' Valvecaster...  Third build for me, very happy!  ;D

deaconque

hey ACS, did u make the knobs on that valvecaster?  i've been trying to figure out a way to do that exact same thing for quite a while now.  BTW, love the industrial look.

any

Quote from: deaconque on May 16, 2008, 04:28:38 AM
hey ACS, did u make the knobs on that valvecaster?  i've been trying to figure out a way to do that exact same thing for quite a while now.  BTW, love the industrial look.

The "knobs" are just large "self locking" threaded nuts if I'm not mistaking.
You could get these at any good hardware store that sells large size bolts.
BTW, great idea ACS! probably cheaper then regular knobs as well!
Just take you pot to the hardware store in order to find a nice match,
the "self locking" plastic end washer should probably make it a nice fit.

I gotta say it's quite an inspirational build in the construction department!

Cheers
It's supposed to sound that way.

ACS

Spot on - they are 'Nylock' locking nuts.  These ones are far too big for the spline shafts of the pots, so I threaded them on to a bit of hose of the right diameter, cut the hose off flush with the back of the nuts, then they were a perfect push fit on to the spline shaft!!  Total cost - about 43c (Australian) per knob...

dellamorte

Quote from: free electron on May 15, 2008, 06:04:47 AM
After about a year of experiments (on circuit, not enclosure;) here's a finished prototype of my FireStarterII:

And two samples:
Sample1
Sample2

sounds great free electron!
any chance of some insight on the circuit?
Built=SHO,DOD 250,Atari punk console,Fuzz Factory,Easy Vibe,Burning Crunch,Modded Vm fuzz (2n5088+bmp tonestack),Wah Probe,Wooly Mammoth,Eternity,Big Muff Tri
Up Next = ???
Eventually = Firefly, rackmount L5 preamp
http://dellamorte.gofreeserve.com

ambulancevoice

Quote from: ACS on May 16, 2008, 03:46:50 AM
Here's my completed 'Industrial Strength' Valvecaster...  Third build for me, very happy!  ;D

man i love that
how do you get the bottom to stay on?

oh and it really does GLOW!
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

Nikolay

The latest custom overdrive from N-audio

It's not finished right now. but soon I will be introduce here.

ACS

Quote from: ambulancevoice on May 16, 2008, 07:45:35 AM
Quote from: ACS on May 16, 2008, 03:46:50 AM

man i love that
how do you get the bottom to stay on?

oh and it really does GLOW!

The bottom stays on via the insert having ridges in it - these grip really nicely onto the inside of the box, and there is absolutely no need for any screws to keep it shut!  Too cool :)  I'm really loving these 25c enclosures ;)

Valoosj

Quote from: Nikolay on May 16, 2008, 04:39:28 PM
The latest custom overdrive from N-audio

It's not finished right now. but soon I will be introduce here.

Very nice. White is the hardest to spraypaint imo. Love how your decal fits in with the pots/led/switch.
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

tskullt

Beautiful work Nikolay!  That is a great looking pedal!
m.
http://www.pedalenclosures.com
* make all the other pedals jealous *

cheeb

ACS, your tube glows way brighter than mine. What's going on?