Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeGuitar

Quote from: kawayanstrat on May 19, 2008, 12:26:25 PM
Been practicing on my swirls lately. ;D

Here's one for my compressor.

Rockin!!!  Nice job man!

MusicAudio

A tube overdrive I just finished designing and making! Also my first attempt at a swirl paint job!

I don't care much about music. What I like is sounds.
-Dizzy Gillespie

Valoosj

How did you manage to get those sides that neatly done?
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

kawayanstrat

Quote from: Valoosj on May 19, 2008, 02:49:58 PM

How did you manage to get those sides that neatly done?
I handled the enclosure with a pair of long nosed pliers(through the holes),and let the paint drip on the sides. I added paint as i managed the box. ;)

Renegadrian

MusicAudio, would you share the schem/layout of your valved pedal?!  :icon_wink:
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

ambulancevoice

Quote from: Renegadrian on May 19, 2008, 05:31:09 PM
MusicAudio, would you share the schem/layout of your valved pedal?!  :icon_wink:

+1

simple value drives are our thing at the moment :D
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

darron

people seem to be posting a lot of pictures of just the enclosures before there's even any diy circuitry involved these days. not that there's anything wrong with that. last night i sprayed a box in candy apple and it looked so good (to me) that i wanted to post it right away. haven't even made the pcb yet.
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

Renegadrian

Maybe it's because when the diyer (myself too) is at his first steps, he learns how to built a working circuit, tests it with no enclosure, just flying wires and damn it works sooooo good...YEAH!!!  :icon_cool:
Then comes the next step...Painting and finishing an enclosure???  ??? Woah, that wasn't written anywhere!!!  :icon_twisted:
Usually the first project is a fully working circuit with a HORRIBLE enclosure...
So here comes this thread and others on the enclosure side...And yes, maybe it's more challenging to have a perfectly finished enclosure than say a working fuzz, and also more eye-catching than the circuit itself...
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

arawn

I'd prefer to catch ears than eyes But that's just me  :P
"Consistency is the Hobgoblin of Small Minds!"

Gus Smalley clean boost, Whisker biscuit, Professor Tweed, Ruby w/bassman Mods, Dan Armstrong Orange Squeezer, Zvex SHO, ROG Mayqueen, Fetzer Valve, ROG UNO, LPB1, Blue Magic

andrew_k

Massive thanks to darron for painting and laser engraving this enclosure. You rock!  :icon_cool:

The orange wire floating in there is a +15v tap off the regulator output to power the LEDs, which have yet to be wired up. The light shroud is off because I blew my last spare bulb :'(

Great to finally have this in an enclosure after months of it sitting completed and working, but in a box on my shelf.

petemoore

Convention creates following, following creates convention.

cloudscapes

^ that looks extremelly professional, wow!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

cloudscapes

16-step vanishing moon / seek trem type of thing. used acrylics and lazertran for the enclosure

more pics throuout the process in here:
http://flickr.com/photos/cloudscapes/sets/72157605029857483/detail/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

andrew_k

Quote from: cloudscapes on May 19, 2008, 11:24:44 PM
16-step vanishing moon / seek trem type of thing. used acrylics and lazertran for the enclosure

You got the bugs sorted out? THE MONSTER LIVES!!!   :icon_twisted:

Samples, please!

deaconque

19 KNOBS!?!  that's crazy!

kurtlives

Quote from: andrew_k on May 19, 2008, 10:51:07 PM
Massive thanks to darron for painting and laser engraving this enclosure. You rock!  :icon_cool:

The orange wire floating in there is a +15v tap off the regulator output to power the LEDs, which have yet to be wired up. The light shroud is off because I blew my last spare bulb :'(

Great to finally have this in an enclosure after months of it sitting completed and working, but in a box on my shelf.
Amazing!

How is it noise wise, I see you used carbon film. You then used coax cable. What there a noise issue?
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

andrew_k

Quote from: kurtlives on May 19, 2008, 11:42:15 PM
Amazing!

How is it noise wise, I see you used carbon film. You then used coax cable. What there a noise issue?

Thanks man :)

Nah, no noise at all, I use sheilded inputs and star grounding in all my stuff to reduce the chance of noise.
I don't know if it has anything to do with my choice of 2N5089s instead of 5088, but I don't get any of the distortion other have mentioned form high-output humbuckers. Even a hard-picked low E through a dimarzio super distortion produces a clean note.

kurtlives

Nice Ill keep that in mind when I build mine.

I am using a Super Distorsion too, I really like it.

I wish I could get Darron to make me one of those enclosures but I am afraid I would get screwed by shipping.  >:(

Anyways really nice, very clean.
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

soggybag

Quote from: cloudscapes on May 19, 2008, 11:24:44 PM

Great work. I love the sequencer thing. I have wanted to build a Vanishing point myself. But the idea of managing 10 or more pots has kept me from doing it.

Where did you get those knobs?

darron

Quote from: andrew_k on May 19, 2008, 10:51:07 PM

That came up looking heaps better in the light of day rather than the late hours and poor lighting at the factory :P Really pleased to see it. The black gloss knobs really tied it off. i'll have to remember that for next time i do it.

kurtlives, andrew managed to stop by because he lived semi-locally, but if you want i can make the enclosure using one of my own B or BB eddystone (hammond) enclosures and post it out to you, to save posting me your own enclosure and then me posting it back.
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!