SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonfly

Quote from: foxfire on May 26, 2008, 06:47:21 PM
Quote from: Dragonfly on May 26, 2008, 05:53:16 PM
Yeah...I had this box offered in the "for sale" forum, but I decided to build in it !  :)

Basically it's a modded version of Hemmo's Buzz Box ...texture knob to control the splatty octave...and volume...BC108's....blah, blah, blah....

It sounds like THIS !
so how well do you know the band Dixie Witch? rylan

I've seen them play, but I don't know them. Great live band. I should probably get a CD or two of theirs, but I never got around to it.
Why ?

foxfire

Quote from: Dragonfly on May 26, 2008, 06:48:44 PM
Yeah...I had this box offered in the "for sale" forum, but I decided to build in it !  :)

Basically it's a modded version of Hemmo's Buzz Box ...texture knob to control the splatty octave...and volume...BC108's....blah, blah, blah....

It sounds like THIS !

I've seen them play, but I don't know them. Great live band.

a lot of your clip remind me of them plus them being fellow Texans and all not to mention super nice guys... not so much anymore but, they used to be loud as piss! they gave a 3 or 4 day headache once. anyway i do like your clips. rylan

Dragonfly

Quote from: foxfire on May 26, 2008, 06:53:35 PM
Quote from: Dragonfly on May 26, 2008, 06:48:44 PM

It sounds like THIS !

I've seen them play, but I don't know them. Great live band.

a lot of your clip remind me of them plus them being fellow Texans and all not to mention super nice guys... not so much anymore but, they used to be loud as piss! they gave a 3 or 4 day headache once. anyway i do like your clips. rylan

:)

Heavy fuzz makes me want to tune the "E" down to "D" :)

I should go see them next time they play.

And thanks !  :D

Renegadrian

Quote from: umcoo on May 26, 2008, 05:39:01 PM
Quote from: fluoreszenz on May 26, 2008, 05:07:42 PM
@umcoo

... and welcome to the boards  :)

cheers for that, just bought a Weller 25w iron, so hopefully I'll be having a bash at my own pedals soon too!

And post your pedals here!!! We love pics!!!  :icon_smile:
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

deaconque

hey Dragonfly, you wouldn't happen to have a schematic for that thing would you?    :icon_biggrin:.  it sounds great, as usual.

Dragonfly

Quote from: deaconque on May 26, 2008, 08:33:30 PM
hey Dragonfly, you wouldn't happen to have a schematic for that thing would you?    :icon_biggrin:.  it sounds great, as usual.

take the Buzz Box (www.homewrecker.com)... add a 10k pot after the first stage, with a 2k7 resistor from lug-1 to ground ... a 10u input to the second stage.... BC108 transistors...pretty simple really...the 10k pot (texture) really increases its usability..oh, and a 1m to ground pulldown resistor on the input.

simple really.

andrew_k

Quote from: Dragonfly on May 26, 2008, 09:11:53 PM
take the Buzz Box (www.homewrecker.com)... add a 10k pot after the first stage, with a 2k7 resistor from lug-1 to ground ... a 10u input to the second stage.... BC108 transistors...pretty simple really...the 10k pot (texture) really increases its usability..oh, and a 1m to ground pulldown resistor on the input.

simple really.

Thanks Andy, believe it or not I already had a BC108 Buzz Box on my breadboard, will definitely have a go at your mods today  :icon_mrgreen:

Dragonfly

Quote from: andrew_k on May 26, 2008, 09:34:42 PM
Quote from: Dragonfly on May 26, 2008, 09:11:53 PM

simple really.

Thanks Andy, believe it or not I already had a BC108 Buzz Box on my breadboard, will definitely have a go at your mods today  :icon_mrgreen:

It makes for a really cool sounding fuzz

let me know how you like it

Focalized

BYOC Fuzz with a few beavis tweak points. The switch and right knob is a feedback loop.
Biggest decal ever. Worked out ok. Hard to match the edges as the decals always shrink. Regret the Font some.

Not that 5 knob fuzz. Just a 60's boutique with external bias.

I've shown the one on the right and used the skull decal before, but these two really play well together. The skull fuzz uses a 2N2222 and a MPSA13. I used a breadboard for the first time to play around. Success first try. This one sounds like a mix of a fuzz face and a BSIABii kinda. Still has fuzzy attack. The other is a PNP SI GE hybrid. Bassier and warmer. I can get great mixed tones with them both on.

armstrom

Here's my first build. An OLC/ROG Professor Tweed kit.

The paint is an automotive silver metallic touch-up paint with the green sandable primer and clear coat. The only thing I wish I had done differently was to make a single large decal for the face of the box rather than a bunch of small ones... Maybe I'll redo the box some day.
-Matt

Focalized

Quote from: armstrom on May 26, 2008, 11:56:22 PM

The paint is an automotive silver metallic touch-up paint with the green sandable primer and clear coat. The only thing I wish I had done differently was to make a single large decal for the face of the box rather than a bunch of small ones... Maybe I'll redo the box some day.
-Matt

If you put a black border around where you would cut the decals, it would hide the decal edge. Fill out the design some. Something to try. If you do a full face, make sure you test it to line everything up.

Dragonfly

Quote from: Focalized on May 26, 2008, 11:12:21 PM

I LOVE this one !  Awesome !

reggaestylee9103

-Matt

Someone knows something about New York's Political Machines...

tehfunk

Quote from: reggaestylee9103 on May 27, 2008, 12:18:57 AM

-Matt

Someone knows something about New York's Political Machines...
hahaha, ap us history.
Carvin CT6M > diystompboxes.com > JCM800 4010

The tools of the artist give you a chance to twist and bend the laws of nature and to cut-up and reshape the fabric of reality - John Frusciante

Focalized

Quote from: Dragonfly on May 27, 2008, 12:14:24 AM
Quote from: Focalized on May 26, 2008, 11:12:21 PM

I LOVE this one !  Awesome !

You'd have to be a jeweler to find the decal edge. Worked nicely. Lighter the base color the better i've found.

DimebuGG

Quote from: Renegadrian on May 26, 2008, 12:07:57 PM
Dimebugg (great nick!) your pics just suck!!! :icon_mrgreen: Go get a new camera... :icon_wink:
Anyway, what is the Wylde? Is it the mxr Wylde OD? Then why 6 pots and not 3?

that is a TS808/9 and MXR ZW-44 in a box...sorry bout the pics dude >:(

DimebuGG

Quote from: Dragonfly on May 26, 2008, 12:08:23 PM
Quote from: DimebuGG on May 26, 2008, 11:42:05 AM

NICE ! Is that from the GGG layout ?

Nope..it's DOD FX40B Graphic EQ...I made my own PCB layout on this one.

To everyone,

The GGG EQ works as it is!!!!Please don't say it doesn't coz i've tried it myself unless you powered it with the same power supply with other pedals(single supplied ones)

andrew_k

Quote from: Dragonfly on May 26, 2008, 09:36:43 PM
It makes for a really cool sounding fuzz
let me know how you like it

Just a quick note (don't want to lead this thread off track!) -- stuck with 2N3094's, replaced C1 and C2 with 1uF to avoid mud, added your 'texture' control and put a 10k pot between Q1's emitter and ground.
Goes all the way from medium dist/fuzz to full-blown splatter fest. Both controls highly interactive. Thanks for the tip Andy, give that emitter pot mod a try  :D

DimebuGG

Sansamp BDDI Clone

Tobias active bass pre-amp

Sorry for the crappy pictures..

ACS

Wow! That's a compact build!! Seriously impressed!