News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renegadrian

armstrom and focalized - nice pedals!!! Great work, hope they sound as good as they look!!!  :icon_wink:

Dimebugg, tell me something more about that Tobias thing...Layout-components-sound...
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

Focalized

Quote from: Renegadrian on May 27, 2008, 05:08:54 AM
armstrom and focalized - nice pedals!!! Great work, hope they sound as good as they look!!!  :icon_wink:

Dimebugg, tell me something more about that Tobias thing...Layout-components-sound...

They all sound different! There is no perfect Fuzz.

ambulancevoice

Quote from: Dragonfly on May 26, 2008, 06:48:44 PM
Quote from: foxfire on May 26, 2008, 06:47:21 PM
Quote from: Dragonfly on May 26, 2008, 05:53:16 PM
Yeah...I had this box offered in the "for sale" forum, but I decided to build in it !  :)

Basically it's a modded version of Hemmo's Buzz Box ...texture knob to control the splatty octave...and volume...BC108's....blah, blah, blah....

It sounds like THIS !
so how well do you know the band Dixie Witch? rylan

I've seen them play, but I don't know them. Great live band. I should probably get a CD or two of theirs, but I never got around to it.
Why ?

wow, never thought a buzz box could sound like that

and dixie witch are great to, cant remember what album ive got, but damn good shit
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

armstrom

Quote from: Focalized on May 27, 2008, 12:11:12 AM
If you put a black border around where you would cut the decals, it would hide the decal edge. Fill out the design some. Something to try. If you do a full face, make sure you test it to line everything up.
Thanks for the tip. With regard to having everything line up I would probably include a little hole-center circle on the decal. Then I can just apply the decal to the undrilled enclosure, clear coat it and then drill the holes using the spots on the decal as a guide. I would probably put matching dots on the enclosure to help align the decal. Drilling through the decal once it's fully sealed in clear coat shouldn't pose a problem.

-Matt

DimebuGG

Quote from: Renegadrian on May 27, 2008, 05:08:54 AM

I found a schematic on the net ago(I forgot the site). Since I 'm curios of active basses, I made a layout on that schematic immediately.

I'm no electronic-wiz but this schem has a Baxandall type EQ on it and is using NJM062D(i'm using TL062CN on my prototype).

I like the sound of this circuit equally or more than the tillman jfet preamp IMO..

tdavid76

I would just like to add that the GGG EQ works great...I built two last year (the 5band + Gain stage version)  to run as the preamp sections of a stereo TD20x0 amp (also from the GGG site).  Put the whole thing in a rackmount enclosure...worked out beautifully...at least I'm quite pleased.

Renegadrian

All right, Dime...Mind to share your layout?! post it here or in the gallery?  :icon_wink:
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

DimebuGG

I'll find time posting it since it is a PCB Artist file.. :icon_biggrin:

Dragonfly

Quote from: DimebuGG on May 27, 2008, 09:14:43 AM

You could always just take a "screen shot", open up Paint (on a PC) and press "paste", and edit from there...just save it as a JPEG or GIF. Should only take a minute or two.

DimebuGG

Quote from: Dragonfly on May 27, 2008, 09:19:11 AM

You could always just take a "screen shot", open up Paint (on a PC) and press "paste", and edit from there...just save it as a JPEG or GIF. Should only take a minute or two.

already tried it..tracks happened to be always at the top of the pads...i'm not using a multi-layered or multi-colored one..sorry...i'm a newbie in this software..:D :D

kawayanstrat

Quote from: DimebuGG on May 27, 2008, 09:37:17 AM

already tried it..tracks happened to be always at the top of the pads...i'm not using a multi-layered or multi-colored one..sorry...i'm a newbie in this software..:D :D
Mukhang ayaw mo mag-share a. ;D

Dragonfly

it was worth a shot :)

ubersam

Quote from: tehfunk on May 24, 2008, 02:37:36 AM
Second build, MXR Micro Amp, on smallest smallbear perfboard...

that is one HUGE resistor you got there  :icon_eek:

tehfunk

Quote from: ubersam on May 27, 2008, 03:37:58 PM
Quote from: tehfunk on May 24, 2008, 02:37:36 AM
Second build, MXR Micro Amp, on smallest smallbear perfboard...

that is one HUGE resistor you got there  :icon_eek:
lol, yeah, and I fit it in three spaces to try and make everything neater to solder on the underside. its 22m and i made a mistake when i ordered it from mouser/maybe it was the only wattage they had of it and i didnt realize how big it'd be.
Carvin CT6M > diystompboxes.com > JCM800 4010

The tools of the artist give you a chance to twist and bend the laws of nature and to cut-up and reshape the fabric of reality - John Frusciante

Dragonfly

Quote from: tehfunk on May 27, 2008, 06:32:26 PM

lol, yeah, and I fit it in three spaces to try and make everything neater to solder on the underside. its 22m and i made a mistake when i ordered it from mouser/maybe it was the only wattage they had of it and i didnt realize how big it'd be.

Just so you know for the future:

That resistor doesn't "have" to be a 22M. It can be anything above a 1M, though the higher the value, the better. Whatever is available in the highest value will work fine. In fact, using a lower value can bleed off a bit of the "brightness" that is inherent to the Micro Amp that some people don't like.

DimebuGG

Quote from: kawayanstrat on May 27, 2008, 02:19:08 PM

Mukhang ayaw mo mag-share a. ;D
Mukhang interesado ka rin bro ah.. :D :D

1B,2B,3B is the treble pot(CCW,W,CW). The 330pF cap between lugs 3B & 1B is offboard as well as the 0.022uF at the bass CW &CCW lugs. I think there should be a 12K resistor between pin 1 of the opamp to the CW lug of VR4, not sure though... :D

REGNAD

letsgocoyote

Heavily modified DOD 440 clone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHX_9iPXwVY

i wanted to do a run of these, but lfo ticking changed my mind.  i have since added a toggleable buffer, which takes care of most of the lfo ticking, enough that it will happily be staying on my pedal board.

im going to make a post and share how I built it.

Tuemmueh

Quote from: letsgocoyote on May 27, 2008, 11:24:49 PM
Heavily modified DOD 440 clone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHX_9iPXwVY

i wanted to do a run of these, but lfo ticking changed my mind.  i have since added a toggleable buffer, which takes care of most of the lfo ticking, enough that it will happily be staying on my pedal board.

im going to make a post and share how I built it.

Great sounds here! I'm totally looking forward for the details of how you built it!

cpnyc23

Wow - the MEEP is tops!

Can't wait to get more info...

-chris
"I've traveled the world and never seen a statue of a critic."    -  Leonard Bernstein