News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valoosj

This pedal is an order for an optician. In it you will soon find a Russian Big muff with a SHO in front of it to add more gain.
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

tehfunk

Quote from: Valoosj on May 28, 2008, 05:51:51 PM
This pedal is an order for an optician. In it you will soon find a Russian Big muff with a SHO in front of it to add more gain.

very nice, I like it a lot, how are you getting the white?
Carvin CT6M > diystompboxes.com > JCM800 4010

The tools of the artist give you a chance to twist and bend the laws of nature and to cut-up and reshape the fabric of reality - John Frusciante

ugly_guitar_guy

Quote from: tehfunk on May 28, 2008, 06:21:29 PM
Quote from: Valoosj on May 28, 2008, 05:51:51 PM

very nice, I like it a lot, how are you getting the white?

Probably a paint pen. That's how I label my pedals.
Check out my metal band here: www.facebook.com/hollowshell
or
my personal effects building page here: www.facebook.com/brotronics

tehfunk

Quote from: ugly_guitar_guy on May 28, 2008, 06:38:33 PM
Probably a paint pen. That's how I label my pedals.
link me! (as in queen me, just trying to get the tone across)
Carvin CT6M > diystompboxes.com > JCM800 4010

The tools of the artist give you a chance to twist and bend the laws of nature and to cut-up and reshape the fabric of reality - John Frusciante

fluoreszenz

Bass Blender is just finished building...

in between Send/Return will be a Big Muff for a bass player

because the etching went a little out of control, i call it "badass mind blender"

;D

Valoosj

I drew it by hand with a gel pen. When I just started drawing I really never expected this outcome.
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

kawayanstrat

Quote from: REGNAD on May 27, 2008, 09:39:22 PM
my first....

Can you please tell me where you got the knobs?Thanks!

danielzink

jayp5150

Just finished this the other day. Once again, I tited my wife to a chair and made her paint... well, not really, but she did paint it.

It's a TS808.

REGNAD

these knobs came in the GGG kit.

jayp5150

Quote from: REGNAD on May 29, 2008, 07:54:54 AM
these knobs came in the GGG kit.

Last time I was at Parts Express, they had knobs like that on clearance for $.10 each! I was going to grab a bunch but didn't "need" them.

I don't think you can order them, though. Next time I'm down there, I'll grab a ton if they still have them, and let you guys know.

kawayanstrat

Quote from: danielzink on May 29, 2008, 07:18:06 AM
QuoteCan you please tell me where you got the knobs?Thanks!

I'm not the original poster - but those knobs are available at Jameco:

https://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&categoryId=354520&productId=100354520&action=Display+Items&s0=&s1=3|a&h0=&h1=&showImages=0&action2=Show+Pictures

Dan
Thanks for the link,but it seems that the product has been discontinued. :(

Renegadrian

My third Valvy...I just learned how to do a good enclosure finish, so the last pedals (sho and this one) came out at their best...
As the second Valvy, NO tone...
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

ubersam

Quote from: kawayanstrat on May 29, 2008, 12:36:59 AM
Quote from: REGNAD on May 27, 2008, 09:39:22 PM
my first....

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll312/acadiaslt2/pics001.jpg
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll312/acadiaslt2/pics003.jpg
Can you please tell me where you got the knobs?Thanks!

Those knobs look like the ones I use:

I get mine from mouser.com, part #s 450-2035-GRX (0.77" D X 0.59" H) and 450-2034-GRX (0.59" D X 0.55" H)

BTW, that pedal above is my first venture into the world of fuzzes. The circuit is a slightly modified version of a pretty well known bassy fuzz. I added a small input resistor to improve the RF filtering, and changed the tone control to an AMZ Presence Control style with values changed to tailor the response to my preference. Here is the gut pic:

Valoosj

I just finished the pedal!

kurtlives

Quote from: Renegadrian on May 29, 2008, 02:22:27 PM
My third Valvy...I just learned how to do a good enclosure finish, so the last pedals (sho and this one) came out at their best...

Looks great...Whats your secret to finsishing?
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

frequencycentral

Nice work Adriano - great when a plan comes together!

But THREE Valvecasters! But hey - I'm just working on the enclosure for my second, + 1 Subcaster already done, and a Pepper Shredder on the way, so who am I to talk?

By next week I should have four new babies to post!
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

Renegadrian

Quote from: kurtlives on May 29, 2008, 03:15:38 PM
Looks great...Whats your secret to finsishing?

-------------------------------------------------------
No, really....It's very simple...Some metallic sparkle paint from the can...1 layer of clear, then the graphics are printed onto a transparent sheet and cut to size - i love to have that black border line so I know what to put inside and how....I apply the already cut piece of sheet (HEY I SAID SHEET!!!)

with some clear on its back, so it's going to be glued by that clear. Then just a coat or two of more clear and it's done.
THAT'S IT!

THX Rick and Chris for your compliments... :icon_redface:

BTW, the 4th will be built very soon, a kid just asked me to build one just for him, so I'm not giving him this one but one with custom graphics, as his band's logo has a skull with a candle on top, I'm gonna put the valve at the candle's place and the two knobs right in the eyes' cavities...I had to work on that, but that is the first idea...
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

Jimmy-H

Quote from: Renegadrian on May 29, 2008, 06:52:35 PM

BTW, the 4th will be built very soon, a kid just asked me to build one just for him, so I'm not giving him this one but one with custom graphics, as his band's logo has a skull with a candle on top, I'm gonna put the valve at the candle's place and the two knobs right in the eyes' cavities...I had to work on that, but that is the first idea...

This build sure is a nice one Adriano!!
But the idea of the next build sounds also really great!
We'll just wait and see how that turns out :icon_wink:

nico13

Nice finishing Adriano,

How do you make the hole for the tube socket? Do you punch it or drill several small holes in circle?

Why don't you wire the tone pot? Is it really useless or is it just a question of taste?