Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renegadrian

quote author=nico13

Nice finishing Adriano,
THX, I APPRECIATE YOUR COMPLIMENTS... :icon_wink:

How do you make the hole for the tube socket? Do you punch it or drill several small holes in circle?
I JUST TRACED A CIRCLE ON THE ENCLOSURE (3 CM + OR -) THAT'S THE SPACE NEEDED FOR THE VALVE SOCKET - THEN I DRILLED SOME HOLES WITH A REGULAR BIT, AND THEN FILED ITS A$$ OUT BY HAND...YOU DON'T GET A PERFECT CIRCLE, GIOTTO STYLE, BUT IT WORKS, AND THE SOCKET FIT WELL...I THEN PUT SOME GLUE ON ITS INNERSIDE JUST TO SECURE IT BETTER.

Why don't you wire the tone pot? Is it really useless or is it just a question of taste?
THE FIRST ONE I BUILT HAD THE TONE CONTROL, THEN REMOVED - I FIND IT USELESS, BUT I'M THE TYPE OF GUY THAT HATES TONE CONTROLS, I HATE MY GUITARS' AND MY BASSES' TONE CONTROLS TOO...I JUST RELY ON THE AMP TONE, BUT MAINLY I KEEP IT FLAT...AS YOU SAID, IT'S A MATTER OF TASTE, I PERSONALLY FIND IT USELESS...IF YOU WANT TO BUILD A VALVY, YOU CAN GO FOR THE TONE VERSION, THEN IT CAN EASILY BE REMOVED IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, AS I DID.

Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

kurtlives

A reamer (unibit) is a perfect tool for drilling tube sockets if you want to make your life a bit easier. ;)
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

Renegadrian

Quote from: kurtlives on May 30, 2008, 09:19:01 AM
A reamer (unibit) is a perfect tool for drilling tube sockets if you want to make your life a bit easier. ;)

Aguy from the store proposed me a particular bit - but it was 16€ - no way...

birt

Quote from: Renegadrian on May 30, 2008, 09:26:03 AM
Quote from: kurtlives on May 30, 2008, 09:19:01 AM

Aguy from the store proposed me a particular bit - but it was 16€ - no way...

that's a cheap one.
http://www.last.fm/user/birt/
visit http://www.effectsdatabase.com for info on (allmost) every effect in the world!

Renegadrian

Quote from: kurtlives on May 29, 2008, 03:15:38 PM
Looks great...Whats your secret to finsishing?

What I do is kind of what you can read here--> http://www.geocities.com/worthekik/echobuild.html
That inspired me when I began and actually gives me the best result with little effort...and makes that metallic sparkle finish shine...

Sody54

My brother just picked up a new fabrication machine (break/ Shear/ Roll) and made me some EH style boxes.  These are the same size as the original small stones.  No excuses for not boxing up some of the circuits on the bench now!  Any interest out there in more?  They're 5.25" X3.375" X 2.5"thick on top X 1.375" thick on the bottom.  These are mild steel, but we're looking into getting stainless for the tops.

$uperpuma

those look great. how much?
Breadboards are as invaluable as underwear - and also need changed... -R.G.

letsgocoyote

HOLY CRAP

You read my mind!  I actually was going to look into finding a place who could fabricate small stone enclosures.  Im very interested!  Prices?

Dragonfly

I need to add another couple coats of clear and take better pictures of these, but I just swirled these 2 boxes...

Sody54

Andy, I should send you a couple of these small stone boxes to swirl!

dxm1

Quote from: Dragonfly on May 31, 2008, 12:14:51 AM
I need to add another couple coats of clear and take better pictures of these, but I just swirled these 2 boxes...

Nice job DF! It looks like the top and bottom swirls will match on the green/black one.  That has been a goal of mine.

You have truely riased the bar...

Dragonfly

Quote from: Sody54 on May 31, 2008, 12:54:48 AM
Andy, I should send you a couple of these small stone boxes to swirl!

We could work out a trade :)

Did you get the PM I sent ?

Dragonfly

Quote from: dxm1 on May 31, 2008, 01:06:46 AM
Quote from: Dragonfly on May 31, 2008, 12:14:51 AM

Nice job DF! It looks like the top and bottom swirls will match on the green/black one.  That has been a goal of mine.

You have truely riased the bar...

Thanks...even though the green and black one is more of a "standard swirl", I really like it. The colors kept their separation nicely, the pattern is busy without being "too busy", and like you mentioned, I was able to get the top and bottom to pretty much match up.

LOTS of practice :)

MicFarlow77

Quote from: Sody54 on May 30, 2008, 03:41:55 PM
My brother just picked up a new fabrication machine (break/ Shear/ Roll) and made me some EH style boxes.  These are the same size as the original small stones.  No excuses for not boxing up some of the circuits on the bench now!  Any interest out there in more?  They're 5.25" X3.375" X 2.5"thick on top X 1.375" thick on the bottom.  These are mild steel, but we're looking into getting stainless for the tops.

Hey There,

Nice looking boxes ya got there!

One thing of note though... using stainless as a top material, while super cool looking, would be a pain to drill... (if I recall correctly... been a while since I tried to drill it... :-)

Excellent work!

Thanks,

Mick

Mark Hammer

Nice boxes. :icon_biggrin:  Absolutely nothing wrong with making those tops out of sheet aluminum.  A LOT easier to machine.

stumper1

Painted this box a couple of months ago with no idea what I was going to use it for.  Finally decided to build a Shredmaster from the layout floating around here.  Haven't had a lot of time to play with it but it sounds very good.

And guts....

Deric®

andrew_k

Barcode80

i saw a tutorial on it online, you buy that nonslip material you line cabinets with and put under carpets, then you paint a base coat, let dry, then tightly put down a layer of that non-slip, spary the other color, and remove the non-slip. It's pretty kickass looking.

stumper1

That's pretty much what I did.  Black base coat.  Taped off the sides.  Placed the "non-slip" stuff on the top.  Shot one light coat of silver.  Shifted the "non-slip" stuff to the left and down just a little bit.  Shot a light coat of metallic charcol.  Clear coat.

Didn't come out as nice as I wanted.  It's imporant to keep the "non-slip" stuff flat against the surface.  I had a lot of leakage with the silver.  Still looks cool though.  Probably better next time. ;)
Deric®

Renegadrian

That makes me want to try to try the carbon fiber tutorial I read somewhere...Basically it's the same method...I saw great results on cars...