Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcode80

it's actually the exact same method

frequencycentral

Valvecaster with stompable LPB boost:

http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

ambulancevoice

guts Guts GUTS!!!^^^^^
nice red too
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

frequencycentral

Quote from: ambulancevoice on June 02, 2008, 02:04:25 AM
guts Guts GUTS!!!^^^^^
nice red too

OK - I'm not proud - GUTS!

craig_in_tx

Hey all,

Noob here.  As you can see, I've really been bitten by the bug.  Here's my first few builds.  This site has been immensely helpful!

Channel/Effect switch for my Peavey Delta Blues 210

BYOC Confidence Booster in a 1290NS enclosure.  Big ol' chrome knob courtesy of Rat Shack

EA Tremolo.  Took out the trim pot and added an external volume pot.  The color doesn't show up that well but it's a killer lime green.

BSIABII.  This is the first build where I etched my own circuit board. 

NeoVibe.  Circuit board from GGG.  Worked like a charm the first time I fired it up...I was happy!

John Hollis' Omni Drive from R.G. Keen's site.  This is just the enclosure - working on the guts as we speak.

dano12

Quote from: craig_in_tx on June 02, 2008, 03:24:57 PM
Hey all,

Noob here.  As you can see, I've really been bitten by the bug.  Here's my first few builds.  This site has been immensely helpful!

Channel/Effect switch for my Peavey Delta Blues 210

BYOC Confidence Booster in a 1290NS enclosure.  Big ol' chrome knob courtesy of Rat Shack

EA Tremolo.  Took out the trim pot and added an external volume pot.  The color doesn't show up that well but it's a killer lime green.

BSIABII.  This is the first build where I etched my own circuit board. 

NeoVibe.  Circuit board from GGG.  Worked like a charm the first time I fired it up...I was happy!

John Hollis' Omni Drive from R.G. Keen's site.  This is just the enclosure - working on the guts as we speak.

Your first few builds are awesome! Nice work and glad to see another addict. :)

craig_in_tx

Thanks!  I've lurked on this site for a while now and have been really inspired by people such as yourself.  I've been able to find answers to every question I've had so far by searching the threads here, as well as the FAQ and Wiki.  I'm slowly starting to comprehend some of the more esoteric electronic stuff.  I'm know I'm still going to have a ton of questions, though. 

Been looking at different ideas for a phase shifter and a delay.  More to come...       :icon_mrgreen:

Renegadrian

Hey all,
Noob here. 

YOU WHAT?! N00B?!
Man, your enclosures are GREAT!!! I wish I could finish one of mine that way...I'll steal a couple of ideas from you, I warn you... :icon_wink:
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

MarcoMike

+1 on the "if you are a noob what am I supposed to be?!?"

I'm about to build a neovibe and I was looking exactly for the kind of graphic you used... and on purple background... damn!!

by the way... great work!
Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible.

ambulancevoice

Quote from: frequencycentral on June 02, 2008, 12:35:46 PM
Quote from: ambulancevoice on June 02, 2008, 02:04:25 AM
guts Guts GUTS!!!^^^^^
nice red too

OK - I'm not proud - GUTS!

whats wrong with that??? looks great, specially the tube mouting etc
id ad some sort of ventilation though

frequencycentral

Thanks Alex - I'm really pleased with the tube mounting, wiring always ends up untidier than I imagine it will though - as for ventilation, band practice on Wednesday, so I'll see how hot it gets through the evening. May have to take the drill with me.................

craig_in_tx

Quote from: Renegadrian on June 02, 2008, 05:21:04 PM
Hey all,
Noob here. 

YOU WHAT?! N00B?!
Man, your enclosures are GREAT!!! I wish I could finish one of mine that way...I'll steal a couple of ideas from you, I warn you... :icon_wink:

Steal away!  That's all I've done.   :icon_biggrin:

I don't even want to mention how many times I had to strip the paint off the Neovibe and start over. <groan>  It started out as a fluorescent pink, but the baking process would darken the color too much.  I finally just decided to go with a regular pink enamel.  I laid down a white base coat over the primer, cut the stencil with an exacto knife (very tedious process) and then sprayed the pink enamel.  I lifted the stencil off to reveal the white base coat which allows the full face waterslide decal to show through a little better.  I'm really pleased with the result.

The Omni Drive is my first attempt using translucent metal paint.  I took a wire brush wheel attached to a rotary grinder and slowly worked a faint pattern into the aluminum.  The pictures don't show it very well, but the effect is really nice with the translucent paint.  I'll probably do a border around the decal the next time because you can see the edges a lot more with this type of paint. 

I'm still learning, but it's a helluva lot of fun!

-Craig

yeeshkul

My new Wah. The Whipple inductor+Black Bear pot soud sweeeeeet. I've been waiting so long for that sound.

Timebutt

Wow very clean wah build!
What's up with the legs of two of the resistors, some kind of shielding you added?
Completed Projects: Gus Smalley Booster, Modded Russian Big Muff, Orange Squeezer, BYOC Vibrato, Phase 90

yeeshkul

just bare legs :). One is socketed because i was doing some testing on gain. Gain 250-650 sounds pretty much the same.

frequencycentral

The Fuzz section of the Colorsound Fuzzwah:

Q1 - 2n2369
Q2 - BC107

Transistors at the suggestion of my brother, seems quite quiet though - they're socketed so I will swap til I drop. Also I added a tone control.

The image is the Hawkwind album Doremi Fasol Latido. The Fuzzwah was a Dave Brock fave at that time.

ambulancevoice

Quote from: frequencycentral on June 03, 2008, 03:39:58 PM
Q1 - 2n2369
Q2 - BC107

Transistors at the suggestion of my brother, seems quite quiet though - they're socketed so I will swap til I drop. Also I added a tone control.

The image is the Hawkwind album Doremi Fasol Latido. The Fuzzwah was a Dave Brock fave at that time.

what tone control did you use? cause it may not be the transistors making the pedal quiet
tone controls are known to do that

frequencycentral

Quote from: ambulancevoice on June 03, 2008, 05:18:59 PM
Quote from: frequencycentral on June 03, 2008, 03:39:58 PM
Q1 - 2n2369
Q2 - BC107

what tone control did you use? cause it may not be the transistors making the pedal quiet
tone controls are known to do that

Just a 47n cap to ground via a 100K pot. Have even considered changing it for a high value for more treble cut. I don't think it's the tone lowering the volume - just low gain trannies. What do you think?

Hey craig in tx, what are you using to make you graphix?
put it together, now take it apart

craig_in_tx

Quote from: 23 on June 03, 2008, 07:22:16 PM
Hey craig in tx, what are you using to make you graphix?

I'm using clear waterslide decals (Testors) that I purchase locally at Hobby Lobby.  I print them out on an inkjet printer and then spray with two or three coats of clear enamel.  You don't need to do this if you have a color laser printer, but the inkjet will run as soon as you dip it in water without it.  I apply the decal full face to the pedal, carefully smooth out all the wrinkles (quite a chore on the bigger boxes...patience is key) and then let dry.  I then apply anywhere from three to five coats of clear lacquer to the whole pedal and let it cure for a couple of days.  All that's left is to carefully cut out the holes for pots, switches, etc. and I'm done.  A little wax and buffing will make them pretty shiny if you want to take it a little further.

As far as the graphics themselves, it's pretty low-tech.  I use Power Point and kind of tweak things around by trial and error until everything lines up right on the template.  I've been fiddling around with PhotoShop a little bit and might graduate to that once my chops improve.

Hope that answers your question.

-Craig