News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dellamorte

an evil distortus maximus with mods(scaled ts, more gain)

Built=SHO,DOD 250,Atari punk console,Fuzz Factory,Easy Vibe,Burning Crunch,Modded Vm fuzz (2n5088+bmp tonestack),Wah Probe,Wooly Mammoth,Eternity,Big Muff Tri
Up Next = ???
Eventually = Firefly, rackmount L5 preamp
http://dellamorte.gofreeserve.com

Dragonfly

ambulancevoice

Quote from: frequencycentral on June 03, 2008, 05:52:26 PM
Quote from: ambulancevoice on June 03, 2008, 05:18:59 PM
Quote from: frequencycentral on June 03, 2008, 03:39:58 PM
The Fuzz section of the Colorsound Fuzzwah:
Q1 - 2n2369
Q2 - BC107

Transistors at the suggestion of my brother, seems quite quiet though - they're socketed so I will swap til I drop. Also I added a tone control.

The image is the Hawkwind album Doremi Fasol Latido. The Fuzzwah was a Dave Brock fave at that time.

what tone control did you use? cause it may not be the transistors making the pedal quiet
tone controls are known to do that

Just a 47n cap to ground via a 100K pot. Have even considered changing it for a high value for more treble cut. I don't think it's the tone lowering the volume - just low gain trannies. What do you think?

low gain transistors shouldnt lessen the volume alot, they should just fuzz less
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

head_spaz

Dragonfly...
That's a darn nice looking pedal box. You've got that process pretty dialed in. You should make a video.
If I were the subject of an ink blot test... I'd instantly respond with the word "Conception" because that's what I'd imagine it looks like - "in there" - if'n ya know what I mean. :icon_wink:
I don't even wanna know how you got those little sperms on there! :icon_mrgreen:

Look out you'se kids... don't put yer lips ohne it!
Deception does not exist in real life, it is only a figment of perception.

Renegadrian

Psychedelic enclosure...Man, that's stunning...
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

sfx

Quote from: craig_in_tx on June 02, 2008, 04:05:02 PM
Thanks!  I've lurked on this site for a while now and have been really inspired by people such as yourself.  I've been able to find answers to every question I've had so far by searching the threads here, as well as the FAQ and Wiki.  I'm slowly starting to comprehend some of the more esoteric electronic stuff.  I'm know I'm still going to have a ton of questions, though. 

Been looking at different ideas for a phase shifter and a delay.  More to come...       :icon_mrgreen:

What enclosure did you use for the Neovibe?

ugly_guitar_guy

Quote from: Dragonfly on June 04, 2008, 02:45:45 AM

That's the best one I've seen yet!

Is it just me or do I see a googly eyed black cat on the enclosure bottom?... I think Dragonfly is getting subliminal with us now  ;)
Check out my metal band here: www.facebook.com/hollowshell
or
my personal effects building page here: www.facebook.com/brotronics

frequencycentral

LPB (you can't quite make it out on the photo but it's called 'Talent Booster' - made for the other guitarist in my band - that's him on the pedal - under stage lighting. The LED is concealed under the red spotlight above the guitar neck.....

http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

craig_in_tx

Quote from: sfx on June 04, 2008, 01:47:07 PM
What enclosure did you use for the Neovibe?

For both the NeoVibe and the Omni Drive, I used a 1790NS enclosure.  Plenty of room in that bad boy, although I'd probably move some stuff around on the Neovibe as the light housing is resting right on top of my stompswitch.

-Craig

Jimmy-H

Quote from: dellamorte on June 03, 2008, 10:06:51 PM

Almost to scary to use eh eh eh.... :o
Nice job!!!
Quote from: Dragonfly on June 04, 2008, 02:45:45 AM[/size][/size][/size][/size][/font][/color]

Dragonfly, it's truly art!!!
Back in the sixties men! 
;)
Quote from: frequencycentral on June 04, 2008, 01:54:50 PM
LPB (you can't quite make it out on the photo but it's called 'Talent Booster' - made for the other guitarist in my band - that's him on the pedal - under stage lighting. The LED is concealed under the red spotlight above the guitar neck.....

Hee Rick, you definitely have your own style on  both of the pedals !!
Very very nice

jmasciswannabe

First time using clear coat and paper. Learned a lot! I used krylon acrylic clear coat (Wal-Mart), photoshop and printed at Kinkos. I have to figure out how to make all the measurements tighter!
....the staircase had one too many steps

Dragonfly

Thanks guys...still working to make them better and better. I did this one...experimented with a new clear coat...not liking it much. The pattern of this one is cool, but I'm not happy with the smoothness of the clear...it definitely needs a LOT more sanding and buffing.

dschwartz

Quote from: dellamorte on June 03, 2008, 10:06:51 PM

COOL!!
any sound samples for this?..to compare..
----------------------------------------------------------
Tubes are overrated!!

http://www.simplifieramp.com

Papa_lazerous

Quote from: Dragonfly on June 05, 2008, 12:00:29 PM
Thanks guys...still working to make them better and better. I did this one...experimented with a new clear coat...not liking it much. The pattern of this one is cool, but I'm not happy with the smoothness of the clear...it definitely needs a LOT more sanding and buffing.

Its a shame about the clear, as I like the looks of the pattern on that box. hopefully a rud and re voat will bring it back to life :)

Dragonfly

Quote from: Papa_lazerous on June 05, 2008, 12:05:59 PM

Its a shame about the clear, as I like the looks of the pattern on that box. hopefully a rud and re voat will bring it back to life :)

Its a MUCH thicker coat., but it will need a lot more work to make it look nice. BTW...its the wipe on Poly...I tried it because Ive been having to combat humidity issues when spraying acrylic...

cheeb

In keeping with the Valvecaster derivatives trend...

Dragonfly

This one is going to be auctioned off for charity, with 100% of the proceeds going to the Muscular Dystrophy Association....see the thread in the "For Sale" forum for details....

Renegadrian

cheeb, I like your pedal, simple yet beautiful...Tell me more of the circuit - is it the standard Valvy?
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

michal_k

Quote from: jmasciswannabe on June 04, 2008, 06:36:03 PM

First time using clear coat and paper. Learned a lot! I used krylon acrylic clear coat (Wal-Mart), photoshop and printed at Kinkos. I have to figure out how to make all the measurements tighter!

which layout did you use?

greigoroth

Quote from: Dragonfly on June 05, 2008, 01:08:03 PM
This one is going to be auctioned off for charity, with 100% of the proceeds going to the Muscular Dystrophy Association....see the thread in the "For Sale" forum for details....

Dude, that is a work of art! So glacial! :icon_eek:
Built: GGG Green Ringer