News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

liddokun

Inspired by Valoosj's tutorial on light emitting border, I decided to have a go at one myself. 

Thanks Valoosj for the great tutorial. 
To those about to rock, we salute you.

Timebutt

Completed Projects: Gus Smalley Booster, Modded Russian Big Muff, Orange Squeezer, BYOC Vibrato, Phase 90

greigoroth

Nice one Liddokun!
Built: GGG Green Ringer

~arph

Nice to see my idea getting adapted here. I'm allready planning on some other effects including lasers..  8)

awitee

my current setup

power wah > orange squeezer comp clone > ocd clone >  3 in 1 (queen booster, ts808, bsiab2) > ML2 > supa nova > mxr noise gate clone >digitech chorus > behringer delay > nurse quacky > valvecaster

am also planning on switching the digitech for an easyvibe and adding a tremolo pedal soon
also seriously considering on modding the case of the supa nova into a light emmiting border one hehe

Valoosj

Quote from: liddokun on June 05, 2008, 06:24:22 PM
Inspired by Valoosj's tutorial on light emitting border, I decided to have a go at one myself. 

Thanks Valoosj for the great tutorial. 

Nicely done!
All credit goes to ~arph though. It was his idea. I merely visualised it.
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

~arph

Yes but you were kind enough to do the tutorial  :icon_biggrin:

liddokun

I want to see if I can attach some plexi glass to the front of the pedal, and have  lettering over it, and use the same method.  This way, the letters light up.  Might be a while until I can find the time to do so though.
To those about to rock, we salute you.

earthtonesaudio

This is giving me inspiration for something cool (which I will never do unless I really get my act together!), where you could have the PCB have the letters for the controls etched into it, an LED backlight behind it, and then a plexi top to the pedal, so you can see the LED lighting up the etched portions of the PCB.  Might not be great for RF shielding, but it could look neat, I think.

:)

~arph

Quote from: liddokun on June 06, 2008, 09:03:05 AM
I want to see if I can attach some plexi glass to the front of the pedal, and have  lettering over it, and use the same method.  This way, the letters light up.  Might be a while until I can find the time to do so though.

If you shine light into plexiglas it will only show where the surface is disrupted.. So if it's a clean flat piece, the light will come out on the sides.. however if you engrave text into the glass the text will also light up  :o

Now.. Id like to see some examples of that  :P hut hut

earthtonesaudio

By the way, props to both ~arph and Valoosj for respectively advancing the art of DIY stompboxery.  And for conducting themselves with class:

Quote from: Valoosj on June 06, 2008, 06:24:23 AM
All credit goes to ~arph though. It was his idea. I merely visualised it.
Quote from: ~arph on June 06, 2008, 06:52:58 AM
Yes but you were kind enough to do the tutorial  :icon_biggrin:

^
My new role models for forum etiquette! :)

carrejans

I did a search, but couldn't find the tutorial.

Jimmy-H

Quote from: carrejans on June 06, 2008, 03:42:47 PM
I did a search, but couldn't find the tutorial.

It's always beautiful such a light border.
Makes the stompbox look like a saint with a Halo

But anyway, here is the link : http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=66840.0

kawayanstrat

Quote from: awitee on June 06, 2008, 06:10:22 AM
my current setup

power wah > orange squeezer comp clone > ocd clone >  3 in 1 (queen booster, ts808, bsiab2) > ML2 > supa nova > mxr noise gate clone >digitech chorus > behringer delay > nurse quacky > valvecaster

am also planning on switching the digitech for an easyvibe and adding a tremolo pedal soon
also seriously considering on modding the case of the supa nova into a light emmiting border one hehe
Nice one bro! Magpadami tayo diyo! ;)

mr.adambeck

Man, those light emitting borders are SO COOL!  I've got to put one in my next project!

awitee

Quote from: kawayanstrat on June 06, 2008, 04:57:15 PM
my current setup

Nice one bro! Magpadami tayo diyo! ;)
unga eh! dami ko na nakikitang pinoy dito!
i have a question about the led border, what does he mean by sanding the led?

earthtonesaudio

Sanding the sides of the LED makes is so the light is diffused through the sides.  When you put the LED through the hole you drilled in the plexi, you want light to come out the sides of the led so it goes outward toward the edges of the pedal. 

~arph

I couldn't have said it better..

Gila_Crisis

so this is my opamp Big Muff  with tone bypass switch :icon_mrgreen:

inspired by the original :icon_twisted:

ambulancevoice

Quote from: Gila_Crisis on June 07, 2008, 05:50:55 AM
so this is my opamp Big Muff  with tone bypass switch :icon_mrgreen:
inspired by the original :icon_twisted:

i thought that muff was just a regular one with a cool paint job?

my current setup

> ML2 >

how do you like the ML2? sound good? versatile? better than the MT2?
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money