Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deaconque

Quote from: Dragonfly on June 11, 2008, 10:05:49 PM
This ones going to England....

This one reminds me of Pink Floyd

cheeb

It reminds me of Bubble Yum Cotton Candy flavored bubble gum. The wrapper used to be black and the gum was swirled those exact shades of blue and pink.

deaconque

ambulancevoice

Quote from: ACS on June 11, 2008, 09:55:22 PM
Close-ish ;D

Base coat with Yellow, dry.  Pour on secret mixture (actually a super-saturated Urea solution, with some ammonia and detergent), let dry.  When it dries it forms very cool crystals.  Top coat with a light coat of black, let dry, then wash crystals off.  Clear coat and enjoy!

There's a commercial product available that's used in the same way and does much the same thing...  This was my first attempt at this kind of finish, and took a few attempts to get a decent finish, but I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.  Especially since it's on a 25c 'steel stud' enclosure which has come up just about as good as a $10 aluminium box.  It's amazing what a bit of JB weld can do...  ;)

ah well, ive had that same (or similar) effect doing the method ive described
eh..

Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

ambulancevoice

Quote from: deaconque on June 12, 2008, 12:34:11 AM

yeah, bubble gum, swirls and cotton candy have alot to do with a punk duck

deaconque

I hadn't even noticed the duck until you said that :D

jayp5150

Quote from: Dragonfly on June 11, 2008, 10:05:49 PM
This ones going to England....

Not trying to copy lol, but I've been racking my brain trying to figure out how you get those "droplets" in there. The little amoeba spots, if you will... Not asking you to divulge, I'm just impressed by the technique.

On a side note: I had someone a few weeks ago that wanted a tie-dye pedal, and I think that some type of swirling would actually get me there. Instead, he got the one I posted a couple weeks ago with all the multi-colored circles, because my wife and I couldn't figure it out...

Sorry... got side-tracked.

Andy, your enclosures are looking better every time!

Valoosj

Quote from: liddokun on June 11, 2008, 09:47:06 PM
From now on I'm doing all my enclosures with a plexi border.  They look so cool.  I want one with every colour. haha

The problem there is that you need very bright LEDs. For the best result you need at least 6000mcd. My red one only has 3000mcd and doesn't cut it.

@ Dragonfly: another amazing enclosure! Those little blobs of white(?) look very cool.
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

Dragonfly

Quote from: jayp5150 on June 12, 2008, 07:08:13 AM

Not trying to copy lol, but I've been racking my brain trying to figure out how you get those "droplets" in there. The little amoeba spots, if you will... Not asking you to divulge, I'm just impressed by the technique.

On a side note: I had someone a few weeks ago that wanted a tie-dye pedal, and I think that some type of swirling would actually get me there. Instead, he got the one I posted a couple weeks ago with all the multi-colored circles, because my wife and I couldn't figure it out...

Sorry... got side-tracked.

Andy, your enclosures are looking better every time!

Thanks... its one of those techniques that Im keeping to myself... :) It's cool looking, works predictably well, and is different from the regular swirls out there. 

On the tie-dye thing...you can DEFINITELY get a tie-dye type look from swirling...you just have to plan it out a bit more than you would with a random pattern. Another way would be to pour/drip colored paint onto a spinning enclosure (on a record player, lazy susan, pottery wheel, etc)

jayp5150

Quote from: Dragonfly on June 12, 2008, 12:20:06 PM
Thanks... its one of those techniques that Im keeping to myself... :) It's cool looking, works predictably well, and is different from the regular swirls out there. 

On the tie-dye thing...you can DEFINITELY get a tie-dye type look from swirling...you just have to plan it out a bit more than you would with a random pattern. Another way would be to pour/drip colored paint onto a spinning enclosure (on a record player, lazy susan, pottery wheel, etc)

Totally understood about the secret technique--that's why I didn't even ask.

About the spinning surface... every time I see a SpinArt or the like at the store, I repeatedly ask, and my wife (hypocritical neat-freak lol) nixes the idea.

Dragonfly

Quote from: jayp5150 on June 12, 2008, 12:22:02 PM

About the spinning surface... every time I see a SpinArt or the like at the store, I repeatedly ask, and my wife (hypocritical neat-freak lol) nixes the idea.

HBE has been doing it on their "Lorba" fuzzes....

foxfire

the switch on the cherry burst is off center. non the less i think the name "cherry burst" is one of the best names i've heard. it makes me want to know more. rylan

Dragonfly

Quote from: cheeb on June 12, 2008, 12:19:22 AM
It reminds me of Bubble Yum Cotton Candy flavored bubble gum. The wrapper used to be black and the gum was swirled those exact shades of blue and pink.

This one reminds me "more" of bubble gum... its still drying and needs buffed out, so its not completely "clear" yet, but you'll get the idea...

A.S.P.

droplets look like old psychedelic oil-spoil projectorlamp tekneeque to me  :icon_mrgreen:
Analogue Signal Processing

Barcode80

Quote from: Valoosj on June 12, 2008, 10:10:57 AM
Quote from: liddokun on June 11, 2008, 09:47:06 PM
From now on I'm doing all my enclosures with a plexi border.  They look so cool.  I want one with every colour. haha

The problem there is that you need very bright LEDs. For the best result you need at least 6000mcd. My red one only has 3000mcd and doesn't cut it.

@ Dragonfly: another amazing enclosure! Those little blobs of white(?) look very cool.
not necessarily true. i plan on doing it with 4 LEDs, one on each corner. LED power consumption is very low, and i use wall power anyway, so if you just add more light sources you get more light!

culturejam

Fun with etching:

apparently, aluminum + muriatic/H2O2 = vigorous reaction.  ;D

Fight the power!:

cheeb

Quote from: deaconque on June 12, 2008, 12:34:11 AM
This one?
Haha that's the one. I remember those commercials with the punk duck. When it first came out I remember a black wrapper but I think they moved the black wrapper to another flavor.

Quote from: culturejam on June 13, 2008, 12:54:24 AM
Fun with etching:

apparently, aluminum + muriatic/H2O2 = vigorous reaction.  ;D

Fight the power!:

That looks awesome! What were your steps?...I detect several coats (looks like a green is in there somewhere)?

letsgocoyote

ambulancevoice

frank_p

Quote from: Dragonfly on June 12, 2008, 12:46:21 PM
Quote from: jayp5150 on June 12, 2008, 12:22:02 PM

HBE has been doing it on their "Lorba" fuzzes....

A Priest (Monk) that was teaching in my college/highschool had been doing this in the 60's-70's on big surfaces paintings.  It was pretty neat from a religious man !