News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sshrugg

Quote from: frokost on June 24, 2008, 07:41:24 PM
Oh, right, I thought it was clear. It's like nitefly says. The BluesBreaker and the Red Llama are in the same enclosure. Darn this foreign language.

Ah HA! That makes sense.  I was confused because I thought the Red Llama was a distortion, not a booster.  I guess lots of circuits are kinda both.
Built: Fuzz Face, Big Muff Pi (Stock), Distortion + (Germanium and Silicon versions)

jmoon

Hey Everyone.  This is my first post here, and this is my first build.  It's a small clone clone with a depth pot and true bypass.  I probably should have picked something a little easier for my first project, but it wasn't too bad.  I'm hooked now.  I'm finishing a 386 amp, working on a tubescreamerish od, and a ROG flipster.  Let me just say I love this forum.  This is a great place to learn and get inspiration.  Hopefully I can make my other pedals look a little more interesting than this one.

jmoon

sorry my pics didn't post the first time.

cheeb

Quote from: Renegadrian on June 24, 2008, 07:47:23 PM
I love skulls on a pedal...Wait some days, you'll see one more...

First I ever built:

Renegadrian

Very nice, Cory, what is it???
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

cheeb

It was the Beginner project. Barely worked, but I keep it for nostalgia. haha

remmelt

Quote from: frodello on June 11, 2008, 06:25:12 PM
Dear all! This is my first post to this forum. So in the same time that i´m posting my "BROKJI Big Muff Pi LEGO" from ggg,
i want to thank everybody for help and inspiration! I am hooked, hurray! ;D

How does a person have one single post on this entire forum, and this is it? This is AMAZING.

Fl!P

Quote from: remmelt on June 25, 2008, 02:52:40 PM
Dear all! This is my first post to this forum. So in the same time that i´m posting my "BROKJI Big Muff Pi LEGO" from ggg,

How does a person have one single post on this entire forum, and this is it? This is AMAZING.

I wonder if the pieces are glued together to make it permanent...
Completed Builds: Gus Booster, Plexizer, BSIABII, Si/Ge Fuzz Face w/ RM Mod, Orange Squeezer
To Do List: Valvecaster, Small Clone, Jawari

For Sale:Marshall Footswitch

The French connection

Quote from: disto on June 11, 2008, 06:52:48 PM
Quote from: SonicVI on June 11, 2008, 06:35:18 PM
That's brilliant!  I hope it's all glued together or something. :)
lol why glue it together isnt the great thing about lego that when your bored of it you can rip it apart and build something new  ;D

Dammit, i cant find my lego spaceship anymore...i should have build a phaseshift in... ;)
I know, but the pedal i built does not boost...it just increases volume!
My picture files:
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/French+connection/
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z4/letournd/Pedal/

cheeb

I've been trying to figure out how he drilled the holes for the pots without destroying it.

darron

Quote from: cheeb on June 25, 2008, 07:41:32 PM
I've been trying to figure out how he drilled the holes for the pots without destroying it.

slowly and progressively. don't use the impact setting! :P

next step, use some LEGO technics and gears and stuff to control the pot for full LFO accuracy.
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

Wheeman

Quote from: Fl!P on June 25, 2008, 03:40:36 PM
Quote from: remmelt on June 25, 2008, 02:52:40 PM

I wonder if the pieces are glued together to make it permanent...

Sweet Jeebus, I've got a crazy idea. How about embedding various caps and resistors into 2x2 Lego blocks? On top of the pedal there would be a panel with various contacts leading to the actual PCB. Leading to the ultimate customizing without using a solder iron...

Might be difficult to get the contacts setup and lined up correctly.

tommy.genes

Quote from: Wheeman on June 25, 2008, 09:09:10 PM
How about embedding various caps and resistors into 2x2 Lego blocks? On top of the pedal there would be a panel with various contacts leading to the actual PCB. Leading to the ultimate customizing without using a solder iron...

A similar idea...

Snap Circuits

-- T. G. --
"A man works hard all week to keep his pants off all weekend." - Captain Eugene Harold "Armor Abs" Krabs

fuzzo

i did  a treble booster today

based on screaming bird/tree electro harmonix with a toogle switch to select the input cap: 2.2nF or 7.2nF

Renegadrian

I'm sure the circuit works great, but let's say this one isn't the best looking pedal of this long thread... :icon_confused:
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

DWBH

Who cares about the looks?

Michael Allen

I used to paint my pedals when I was young and adventurous.

now i leave them plain steel and knob free and struggle to remember what all these controls are for!

arma61

Quote from: DWBH on June 26, 2008, 02:03:26 PM
Who cares about the looks?

+1

sometime for several reason, lack of skills, missing right tools/place to work in, a bad finish/painting of the pedal overwhelm its principal purpose, so better to leave as it is and enjoy its sound, though in this thread  most of the pedal are awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwesome!!!!!

Armando

"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

fuzzo

Quote from: Renegadrian on June 26, 2008, 01:54:27 PM
I'm sure the circuit works great, but let's say this one isn't the best looking pedal of this long thread... :icon_confused:

yes, i know, it's the first pedal I drilled and I did that like an idiot :-\(there's 2 years ago) the holes aren't on the same line and a jack is blocked by the LED. So I don't care the look for this one, It stayed 2 years without circuit inside. Now, It putted a small circuit and it works, it's a good thing for me :icon_lol:

I'll do a better look the next time ;) (I've ideas for my next projects)

Pushtone

Quote from: Renegadrian on June 26, 2008, 01:54:27 PM

This is the best looking pedal in the entire thread (from pg 2).

For many reasons.
It's time to buy a gun. That's what I've been thinking.
Maybe I can afford one, if I do a little less drinking. - Fred Eaglesmith