SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CGDARK

Quote from: Pushtone on June 26, 2008, 03:50:47 PM
Quote from: Renegadrian on June 26, 2008, 01:54:27 PM
I'm sure the circuit works great, but let's say this one isn't the best looking pedal of this long thread... :icon_confused:

This is the best looking pedal in the entire thread (from pg 2).

For many reasons.

Well, in fact it's not a pedal (you can't stomp on it unless you wanna hurt yourself) but definitely is the most original. I like his comments too. :icon_lol:

CG ;D

Renegadrian

Quote from: fuzzo on June 26, 2008, 03:18:49 PM
I'll do a better look the next time ;) (I've ideas for my next projects)

I'm sure you wil, my friend...As you may have read, a lot of fellow members don't care about the way the pedal look...
Obviously it's what's inside that matters the most, still I look to build the best looking pedal ever, while the inside works good...
So, well, I'm on the "hey it looks good!!!" train...

After all, this topic is called "Pictures!" so the pedals (IMHHHO) should really catch the eye...And give that professional touch I'm sure you put in its wiring...
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

Fl!P

Quote from: Pushtone on June 26, 2008, 03:50:47 PM
Quote from: Renegadrian on June 26, 2008, 01:54:27 PM
I'm sure the circuit works great, but let's say this one isn't the best looking pedal of this long thread... :icon_confused:

This is the best looking pedal in the entire thread (from pg 2).

For many reasons.

Uber Vintage BreadBoard style.
Completed Builds: Gus Booster, Plexizer, BSIABII, Si/Ge Fuzz Face w/ RM Mod, Orange Squeezer
To Do List: Valvecaster, Small Clone, Jawari

For Sale:Marshall Footswitch

GREEN FUZ

Quote from: Shakal on July 18, 2007, 12:22:30 AM
My ROSS COMPRESSOR!

ISN'T THE WORST PEDAL U'VE EVER SEEN?

Look at the Design... it's ultra-futuristic, easy-recycable also.

Man, this Battery-changing-system is the innovation of the year, I got a patent*.

*U can copy, I do allow you. I just want you to put my name on the pedal, for commercial purposes, cuz i'm selling this *%&#.

LOOLLL! Its fun isn't it? Everyone I show the pedal to laughs and says "What a garbage! This sh*t works?" Well it worked. My last modification just ruined the things out, I'm still searching for the problem.

The good news is that I made a metal case for it...YA! I MADE! -(OK, my grandpa helped a little bit... (OK OK he did almost everything but I helped))- Its all steel, way better than this hard-paper one on the pictures, it's almost pro! I'll take some pictures tomorrow.

See ya!

An honourable mention must go to this one.

Wheeman

Quote from: arma61 on June 26, 2008, 02:45:44 PM
Quote from: DWBH on June 26, 2008, 02:03:26 PM
Who cares about the looks?

+1

sometime for several reason, lack of skills, missing right tools/place to work in, a bad finish/painting of the pedal overwhelm its principal purpose, so better to leave as it is and enjoy its sound, though in this thread  most of the pedal are awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwesome!!!!!

Armando

+1 +1

This is my first build.

And the inside shot:

It's functional. I know I can rebuild it better with a flashier exterior. I wouldn't want to open it anytime soon though.

Enclosures are the hardest part of a build for me. There is no local source for the Hammond style BB's so I went with electrical junction boxes that take a little more machining to get it all to work. Its what's inside that counts, right? Much <3.

I've got a BB sized box from my last Small Bear order, which is much nicer to work with. Its currently drying and I'll take pictures once its finished.

Cheers,

Ben

rikkards

What's worse than having no source is a source where the price is twice what you can get from PPP or Small Bear. an unpainted 1590B is about $15 around here.

Quote from: Wheeman on June 26, 2008, 04:27:01 PM

Enclosures are the hardest part of a build for me. There is no local source for the Hammond style BB's so I went with electrical junction boxes that take a little more machining to get it all to work. Its what's inside that counts, right? Much <3.

I've got a BB sized box from my last Small Bear order, which is much nicer to work with. Its currently drying and I'll take pictures once its finished.

Cheers,

Ben
Pedals built: Kay Fuzztone, Fuzz Face, Foxx Tone Machine, May Queen, Buffer/Booster, ROG Thor, BSIAB2, ROG Supreaux,  Electrictab JCM800 Emulator, ROG Eighteen
Present Project: '98 Jeep TJ

Naz Nomad

Quote from: rikkards on June 26, 2008, 05:48:47 PM
What's worse than having no source is a source where the price is twice what you can get from PPP or Small Bear. an unpainted 1590B is about $15 around here.

Oh yeah, I'm hearing that loud & clear ... can't get decent parts here for decent prices ... ever.
... riding a Lissajous curve to oblivion.

fluoreszenz

Quote from: Wheeman on June 26, 2008, 04:27:01 PM
Quote from: arma61 on June 26, 2008, 02:45:44 PM
Quote from: DWBH on June 26, 2008, 02:03:26 PM
Who cares about the looks?

+1

sometime for several reason, lack of skills, missing right tools/place to work in, a bad finish/painting of the pedal overwhelm its principal purpose, so better to leave as it is and enjoy its sound, though in this thread  most of the pedal are awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwesome!!!!!

Armando

+1 +1

This is my first build.

It's functional. I know I can rebuild it better with a flashier exterior. I wouldn't want to open it anytime soon though.

Cheers,

Ben

Here's a pic of my first build, Distortion Plus (switches for diode clipping)

As long as it works i don't care for it's looks, was my first pedal anyway.  ;D It's reverse etched (took forever with ferric chloride), skull and stars are the original top layer aluminium of the enclosure.

And the white stuff is some sort of by-product from the super-glue i used to fix the green LED (and YES there is a hole in that enclosure) ??? ;D.

jayp5150

Here's another guy ripping off Andy's style... j/k, it's mine.  ;)

This is a rehouse for my cousin's EA Trem I built for him a few Christmases ago. It was in a plastic Radio Shack box, and painted like a watermelon (which was cool in its own right).

Now, it looks like this:

Once again, thanks to everyone that shares their ideas with the community. Once I'm a more proficient builder, I will do the same.

danielzink

Another rehoused Chicken Salad - with R.G's enhanced sweep mod:

Dan

CGDARK

Quote from: GREEN FUZ on June 26, 2008, 04:25:07 PM
Quote from: Shakal on July 18, 2007, 12:22:30 AM
My ROSS COMPRESSOR!

ISN'T THE WORST PEDAL U'VE EVER SEEN?

Look at the Design... it's ultra-futuristic, easy-recycable also.

Man, this Battery-changing-system is the innovation of the year, I got a patent*.

*U can copy, I do allow you. I just want you to put my name on the pedal, for commercial purposes, cuz i'm selling this *%&#.

LOOLLL! Its fun isn't it? Everyone I show the pedal to laughs and says "What a garbage! This sh*t works?" Well it worked. My last modification just ruined the things out, I'm still searching for the problem.

The good news is that I made a metal case for it...YA! I MADE! -(OK, my grandpa helped a little bit... (OK OK he did almost everything but I helped))- Its all steel, way better than this hard-paper one on the pictures, it's almost pro! I'll take some pictures tomorrow.

See ya!

An honourable mention must go to this one.

No, it should be the Runner-Up. :icon_lol:

CG ;D

Dragonfly

liddokun

Dragonfly, you are a true artist.  :icon_mrgreen:
It's amazing what you do.
To those about to rock, we salute you.

$uperpuma

Quote from: danielzink on June 26, 2008, 08:52:54 PM
Another rehoused Chicken Salad - with R.G's enhanced sweep mod:

Dan

That looks great Dan!
Breadboards are as invaluable as underwear - and also need changed... -R.G.

Dragonfly

Quote from: liddokun on June 26, 2008, 10:25:32 PM
Dragonfly, you are a true artist.  :icon_mrgreen:
It's amazing what you do.

:icon_redface:

Thanks...It's pretty much "luck" and knowing when to "stop". 

Fuzzy-Train

That's my favorite yet, Andrew! The colors are blended perfectly and look natural and the subtle "peak" of green here and there is just unreal. I'm hypnotized!!
THERE IS NO SIG.

The user formerly known as NoNothing.

Stuff I built!
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w106/Cpt_sergeant/?start=allRandom

kawayanstrat

Quote from: Dragonfly on June 26, 2008, 10:13:52 PM

It does not looik like a swirl paint job anymore,it kinda looks like a real marble slab. 8)

Good job as usual!

fuzzo

Quotebut let's say this one isn't the best looking pedal of this long thread...

anad I've worst, this one

It's a jfet booster.

I must buy a new hammond box for this.

arma61

so lads shall we start a "worse ever pedal" thread  ;D

this is "something" with a LM386 into a Tobacco Box ("Three Nuns", I think), build more than 10 years ago, it's my pracrice amp  ;D

"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

dellamorte

it was a fluke but a cool looking one!
Built=SHO,DOD 250,Atari punk console,Fuzz Factory,Easy Vibe,Burning Crunch,Modded Vm fuzz (2n5088+bmp tonestack),Wah Probe,Wooly Mammoth,Eternity,Big Muff Tri
Up Next = ???
Eventually = Firefly, rackmount L5 preamp
http://dellamorte.gofreeserve.com