Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

craig_in_tx

A few more from the bench:

Hex Fuzz

Ross Compressor Clone

Scott Swartz' AD 3208 Analog Delay

craig_in_tx

Here's another project I just finished.  It's the mod-able wah from General Guitar Gadgets.  I have both the red and yellow Fasel inductors selectable via a 3-position rotary switch.  The inductors can either be used separately or together in series.  The other rotary switches between 6 different capacitors.  I also added an external trimpot in place of the Q resistor. True bypass with a cool blue status LED.  I'm really pleased with how it sounds.

Inductor and capacitor selector switches:

"Q" pot:

LED:

Obligatory gut shots:

Boogdish

hey craig, nice looking builds, where in TX are you?  I'm smelling the cattle out in Lampasas right now.

scanlory

A few of my RangeMaster build....that doesn't work.   

Probably a debugging thread to come shortly.... 

craig_in_tx

Bogdish,

I'm in Georgetown...just played a gig in Lampasas two weeks ago.  That's definitely cowboy country!

-Craig

deaconque

Quote from: craig_in_tx on July 22, 2008, 08:00:42 PM
Here's another project I just finished.  It's the mod-able wah from General Guitar Gadgets.  I have both the red and yellow Fasel inductors selectable via a 3-position rotary switch.  The inductors can either be used separately or together in series.  The other rotary switches between 6 different capacitors.  I also added an external trimpot in place of the Q resistor. True bypass with a cool blue status LED.  I'm really pleased with how it sounds.

Inductor and capacitor selector switches:

How different do the Fasels sound?  I've got a red one in my crybaby but, to me, it didn't sound much different than stock.

kurtlives

Quote from: craig_in_tx on July 22, 2008, 08:00:42 PM

What does a wah sound like with two inductors in series?
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

MicFarlow77

Quote from: nelson on July 19, 2008, 02:34:16 PM
Here is my latest addition.

Proto V1.1 of my Fuctave.

Quote from: John Lyons on July 19, 2008, 02:44:26 PM
I smell Mick Farlow...
Looks nice nelson!

john

Wheeeeewwwwwweeeeeee... I knew I smelled something.....  ;D ;D ;D

Looks great Nelson!

Good eye's John!

Thanks,

Mick

any

Quote from: deaconque on July 22, 2008, 07:47:05 PM
are those acoustic endpin jacks?

hehe... yeah, it was what I had at hand... looks neat though. (at 14 dollars a piece, they well should!  :P )
It's supposed to sound that way.

craig_in_tx

Honestly, the inductor type makes the least difference in sound to my ears.  The biggest change in tonality that I can hear comes from the capacitor selection. 

I've heard some say that they notice quite a bit of difference between the Fasels but to me it's pretty subtle.  Even when they are run in series the change, although noticeable, is not as dramatic as you'd expect.  I've got a Whipple inductor that I pulled out of the old board and I'm thinking about sticking it in there in place of one of the Fasels. 

Experimenting with stuff like this is one of the things I really enjoy about building effects.  :)

Arn C.

This is my first lighted project that I gave to a friend.  Based off the Ts808.
Peace!
Arn

deaconque

Arn C - is that a standard footswitch on there?  it looks like it has a black cap on it.

Arn C.

It is a 4 pole switch and it does have a black cap.  I get them from Allied and/or Newark Electronics.  Not as tough but does the job nicely.

Arn C.

g.

Amp sim
etched with salt

and

PWM
etched witth perchlorure

Bazzfuss
etched with salt

phintze

Craig - that wah looks great. I just built the basic GGG wah with the whipple inductor, and I'm pretty happy with it so far. I'm still tweaking cap values, but so far so good.

deaconque

Quote from: g. on July 23, 2008, 01:47:01 PM
Amp sim
etched with salt

and

PWM
etched witth perchlorure

Bazzfuss
etched with salt

Etched with salt? ??? How do you do that, Do you just put salt, or like a salt paste, on it the same as ferric chloride?

rikkards

If I was to guess, it is probably like sandblasting or etching on glass.

Quote from: deaconque on July 23, 2008, 08:18:47 PM

Etched with salt? ??? How do you do that, Do you just put salt, or like a salt paste, on it the same as ferric chloride?
Pedals built: Kay Fuzztone, Fuzz Face, Foxx Tone Machine, May Queen, Buffer/Booster, ROG Thor, BSIAB2, ROG Supreaux,  Electrictab JCM800 Emulator, ROG Eighteen
Present Project: '98 Jeep TJ

Barcode80

i'm assuming he did it with electricty, salt, and water.

The Tone God

I guess since there is already a thread about it here is our first production effect:

TubeUlent

You can read more about it at the site:

www.thetonegod.com

Andrew

g.

Quotei'm assuming he did it with electricty, salt, and water.

you're right !!