News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boogdish

thanks filament, railhead.  It's a 1790 enclosure, it wasn't too bad.  The board gets that entire area under where it says "Echo Base."  The only thing that was a pain was that I drilled my input jack just a little bit too close to the top of the enclosure so I had to some finagling to keep it from shorting with the feedback knob. 

Valoosj

Quote from: railhead on July 27, 2008, 05:29:05 PM
Quote from: Valoosj on July 27, 2008, 05:15:30 PM
Care to explain what you mean with burn? I really like the looks of the pedal and I'd like to try it for myself.

I mean it literally: I set it on fire and let it burn for a bit. Then I take a torch lighter and go to town until I like it.

So right after you painted it and the paint is still wet you hold a lighter to it so it burns? The black spots are from the torch lighter then I suppose.
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

railhead

Quote from: Valoosj on July 28, 2008, 11:50:26 AM
Care to explain what you mean with burn? I really like the looks of the pedal and I'd like to try it for myself.

I mean it literally: I set it on fire and let it burn for a bit. Then I take a torch lighter and go to town until I like it.

So right after you painted it and the paint is still wet you hold a lighter to it so it burns? The black spots are from the torch lighter then I suppose.

I paint it, cure it, etc. Then I typically douse it in gas, light it, burn it for a while, then manually scorch other areas.

Valoosj

Quote from: railhead on July 28, 2008, 11:58:43 AM
Quote from: Valoosj on July 28, 2008, 11:50:26 AM

How does one douse an enclosure in gas? Once airborne it's gone :D
I paint it, cure it, etc. Then I typically douse it in gas, light it, burn it for a while, then manually scorch other areas.
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

slacker

Quote from: Boogdish on July 27, 2008, 07:28:25 PM

Nice, I think that's my favourite one yet. Loved the "debugging" photo as well, glad you got it sorted.

davent

Another derelict project finally finished, the drawer is empty but for one, I'm ready to begin anew :icon_exclaim:

dave

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

kurtlives

Love the color!

Where are you in ON?
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

davent

Quote from: kurtlives on July 28, 2008, 04:13:36 PM
Love the color!

Where are you in ON?

Hi Chris,

It's a Small Bear purple powder coated box that I took and airbrushed a darker purple onto all the edges of hoping to give some illusion of depth. And of course the first attempt, after multiple coats of clear, peeled off when removing a mask for some of the other painting so had to start over with a different approach. Second attempt worked fine, sealed it all in with many, many coats of Canadian Tire lacquer. And of course the camera has not accurately recorded the colour but I'm not complaining!

Hamilton, and you?

See ya,
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

The French connection

Not really a new one but upgraded a bit. This was my beginner project for Dragonfly's noob contest (http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=65120.msg520110#msg520110)
I've added two light expression pedal (one for my PS-3 and the other for a FT-2) but always need light from an exterior source...now i'm auto-sufficient! My first swirl BTW! ;)

Bonne nuit!

Dan
I know, but the pedal i built does not boost...it just increases volume!
My picture files:
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/French+connection/
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z4/letournd/Pedal/

cheeb

Very cool idea, Dan!

slacker

The Crank Mini :)

Renegadrian

wow now that's MINI!!!  :icon_eek:
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

McGhie

Quote from: The French connection on July 28, 2008, 11:26:53 PM
My first swirl BTW! ;)

Really @#$%ing epic for a first swirl! Pat yourself on the back for that one, mate! ;)
Builds in process: NPN Boost, Atari Punk Console (standalone), Underfuzz

kurtlives

Quote from: davent on July 28, 2008, 09:43:42 PM
Quote from: kurtlives on July 28, 2008, 04:13:36 PM
Love the color!

Where are you in ON?

Hi Chris,

It's a Small Bear purple powder coated box that I took and airbrushed a darker purple onto all the edges of hoping to give some illusion of depth. And of course the first attempt, after multiple coats of clear, peeled off when removing a mask for some of the other painting so had to start over with a different approach. Second attempt worked fine, sealed it all in with many, many coats of Canadian Tire lacquer. And of course the camera has not accurately recorded the colour but I'm not complaining!

Hamilton, and you?

See ya,
dave
O damn I like that enclosure. I have been meaning to try out those enclosures for a while now.

Toronto
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

The French connection

Quote from: cheeb on July 29, 2008, 12:40:03 AM
Very cool idea, Dan!
Thanks!

Quote from: McGhie on July 29, 2008, 11:00:54 AM
Quote from: The French connection on July 28, 2008, 11:26:53 PM
My first swirl BTW! ;)

Really @#$%ing epic for a first swirl! Pat yourself on the back for that one, mate! ;)

Thanks! No merrit, Dragonfly tutorial was so well made...It's a plastic enclosure and it looks like acrylic paint stick better on plastic than on aluminium, so it was easier. Just have to sheild the box better from RF interference...but magnetic paint do the job well!

Dan
I know, but the pedal i built does not boost...it just increases volume!
My picture files:
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/French+connection/
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z4/letournd/Pedal/

jacobyjd

This was my 1st swirl attempt--fantastic tutorial. Did one other, but that's it for now--I want to try various finish/cover options...sorry, no gut shot, but it's an Anderton TSF on perfboard.

Warsaw, Indiana's poetic love rock band: http://www.bellwethermusic.net

cpnyc23

Nice work there jacobyjd

-chris
"I've traveled the world and never seen a statue of a critic."    -  Leonard Bernstein

cheeb

Cool. I like the bare sides with the swirl.

McGhie

Quote from: The French connection on July 29, 2008, 11:32:41 AM
It's a plastic enclosure and it looks like acrylic paint stick better on plastic than on aluminium, so it was easier. Just have to sheild the box better from RF interference...but magnetic paint do the job well!

Cool! So far, the only completed build I (almost) have, is the NPN boost in a plastic box! I myself used spraypaint with decals, but you're giving me ideas there.. ;) Inside I use aluminium tape to sheild the sides, I suppose magnetic paint would be a lot easier though.
Builds in process: NPN Boost, Atari Punk Console (standalone), Underfuzz

Dragonfly

I know y'all are bored with swirls by now, but I still like 'em....    ;D

These two only have their initial clear coats on 'em so far...still some sanding, more clear, more sanding, and buffing to go...but I really like how they look so far !