News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McGhie

Quote from: Dragonfly on August 26, 2008, 11:56:28 PM

Dragonfly, you've done it again! But I must admit, this one is one of your finest.

Quote from: Dragonfly on August 26, 2008, 11:56:28 PM
So...what should I build in it ???   :?

A phaser, a synth or something really original. Seriously.
This enclosure deserves the best innards!

Btw, I see a dead rabbit with a mohawk. :D
Builds in process: NPN Boost, Atari Punk Console (standalone), Underfuzz

frequencycentral

http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

Dragonfly

A friend of mine asked for this one a while back and I FINALLY got time to paint it for him. I "believe" it will end up being a Vibe unit....

JFX09

Wow, that is spooky, but in a good way :)
Happiness is a effin' hot soldering iron

Dragonfly

deaconque

volkmar- your pedals look great.  where'd you come across those enclosures?  the samples on your site sound great as well.  any chance of a layout for that or the Soldano GTO on your site?

JFX09

Volkmar's enclosure looks like big a$$ heat sink fins, it's got that Transformers' flavor. Very nice, and the knobs fit very well too.

Nikolay

A simple custom balanced attenuator from N-audio

Looks like millitary stuff made in USSR :)
actually it's made in Bulgaria

Franky

How do you do the deco? Silkscreen? It looks great!

ambulancevoice

Quote from: Dragonfly on August 27, 2008, 06:15:58 PM

ok Andy, i went to a Picasso exhibition today, first time these works of his have left europe, and this was the only gallery in australia they were going to show them in, but seriously, i would be much more interested in seeing stuff like that ^^^^
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

~arph

;D now that is a recognition that you are an artist!
As well as that the saying "I can do that too.. easily" still has to be proven.  This and in your dedicated thread I havent seen anyone being able to create swirls even close to the dragonfly standard. I think we can put your work up the wall next to a Pollock.

EDIT: plus canvas does'nt have so much side surface to bleed over  8)

JFX09

And a painting needs a name, I'd call this one: The Wall.

Dragonfly

Quote from: ambulancevoice on August 28, 2008, 08:08:51 AM

ok Andy, i went to a Picasso exhibition today, first time these works of his have left europe, and this was the only gallery in australia they were going to show them in, but seriously, i would be much more interested in seeing stuff like that ^^^^

Wow...thanks for the compliment  ! I guess we appreciate various forms of "art" because of how they relate to "us".

Really though...I'm just pushin' paint around....nothin' fancy.

Dragonfly

Quote from: ~arph on August 28, 2008, 08:16:52 AM
;D now that is a recognition that you are an artist!
As well as that the saying "I can do that too.. easily" still has to be proven.  This and in your dedicated thread I havent seen anyone being able to create swirls even close to the dragonfly standard. I think we can put your work up the wall next to a Pollock.

EDIT: plus canvas does'nt have so much side surface to bleed over  8)

:icon_redface: :icon_redface: :icon_redface: :icon_redface: :icon_redface: :icon_redface: :icon_redface: :icon_redface:

Thanks for the kind words !

Sometimes I think people are sick of seeing these, and other times I think people enjoy seeing them...  ???

Dragonfly

Quote from: JFX09 on August 28, 2008, 08:40:44 AM
And a painting needs a name, I'd call this one: The Wall.

It does remind me of Pink Floyd... not as much as this one though....

One of the things I love about these is that, no matter how hard you try, you can never get two to look the same.

composition4

Hey that looks like a bunch of pink mushrooms in the middle. Nice colours there... one of my (many) favourites from your work

Jonathan

Volkmar

Quote from: deaconque on August 27, 2008, 11:00:31 PM
volkmar- your pedals look great.  where'd you come across those enclosures?  the samples on your site sound great as well.  any chance of a layout for that or the Soldano GTO on your site?
write me on e-mail : funt983@mail.ru an tell me what you want? then i send you lay.
what's a shit?

comfortably_numb

Dragonfly, can you give us any insight on how you make those images happen?  The last two in particular, referenced to Pink Floyd.

liddokun

comfortably_numb, I believe Dragonfly has a tutorial up at this forum somewhere about how to do swirl finishes the way he does his. If you haven't already, do a search and have a look at it, it's great info.  Of course, he doesn't reveal all the secrets, he is running a business afterall.   
To those about to rock, we salute you.

liddokun

^
Actually, I did the search myself.  Here's the thread, Dragonfly's first post will link you to his gallery where the tutorial is located.

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=64814.0
To those about to rock, we salute you.