News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Franky

Hum, if you make a Firefox stombox, you might want to put a WiFi receptor in it..  :icon_lol:

(anyway, the Firefox is not really a fox, even if it looks like, it lives in Asia and is close to pandas).

Dragonfly

This one might be the coolest one yet ! It's incredibly hard to photograph effectively, but I did my best....

davent

Quote from: irishstu on September 22, 2008, 02:37:15 AM
Pretty intimidating posting after those lovely paint jobs, but anyway, here's a couple I made recently.

The smaller one is a clone of an MXR Microamp and the larger one is a clone of an MXR Phase 100.

The way you've done the graphic on the Volumizer with the black on black makes it appear as if you've got a huge calibrated dial on there instead of a regular sized knob inside the perfectly aligned graphic, very cool illusion! Looks great!!!

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

Zedmin_fx

Andy thats fuggin sick man.

Here is the rangemaster I finished it up tonight and man does it ROCK!!!!!!  the led is  orange,( and yes I scraped the edges  and what not on purpose).

Dragonfly

Thats a killer "organic" looking swirl Zed...really nice flow to it !

Miami Dolphins fan ? :D

irishstu

Hey guys. Thanks so much for the positive feedback.
I guess the Volumizer will be my new avatar, hehe.

Zedmin_fx

Quote from: Dragonfly on September 22, 2008, 11:58:42 PM
Thats a killer "organic" looking swirl Zed...really nice flow to it !

Miami Dolphins fan ? :D

Thanks and no I hate the Dolphinshowever I am a Bills fan and I like the Cowboys, the white is a creamy color in person and with the led it just looks so cool.

kurtlives

What did you use for a transistor? + or - ground?
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

Zedmin_fx

I am still not sure which one i am going to keep in there but I have 10 german made ac128 and it sounds killer. I also have sanyo 8  2sb22s 1 oc44 and 1 oc77, I mad this one from the ggg layout  which is - ground I belive it works great.

chi_boy

Quote from: irishstu on September 22, 2008, 02:37:15 AM

How do you do the white lettering so bright?  I've tried this with a red box with white letters, but the letters turned out pink.  Then I tried it with a white base coat, but matching red Rust Oleum with my printer was nearly impossible.  Your whites really pop.  Any tips?
"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people." — Admiral Hyman G. Rickover - 1900-1986

The Leftover PCB Page

Dragonfly

CLICK HERE AND CRANK UP THE SOUND CLIP !

This is a circuit I've been messing with, and will DEFINITELY continue to refine. I can see a "deluxe" El Toro Fuzz in the future !

-Hand painted
-Volume only
-Terminal strip construction
-BC109 transistors
-Carbon Comp resistors
-True bypass
-Ultrabright white LED
-Cloth wire
-Chrome trim

arawn

That thing is freaking awesome!! I Love It! wish I could afford one!  :icon_evil:
"Consistency is the Hobgoblin of Small Minds!"

Gus Smalley clean boost, Whisker biscuit, Professor Tweed, Ruby w/bassman Mods, Dan Armstrong Orange Squeezer, Zvex SHO, ROG Mayqueen, Fetzer Valve, ROG UNO, LPB1, Blue Magic

andrew_k

Wow Andy, just... Wow. 

asfastasdark

What a nice fuzz/OD! And I like the classy box! Also the black/orange enclosure up there is awesome as well!  ;D

irishstu

Quote from: chi_boy on September 23, 2008, 09:51:32 PM

How do you do the white lettering so bright?  I've tried this with a red box with white letters, but the letters turned out pink.  Then I tried it with a white base coat, but matching red Rust Oleum with my printer was nearly impossible.  Your whites really pop.  Any tips?

Hey chi_boy,
I work for a computer/electronics company (I mostly write their manuals) and luckily for me I get to play with some of their toys long before they ever appear on the market. In this case, the device was a mini photo printer (the back of the photo is sticky). So, you know, you're printing out stickers basically. Both of the pedals are using these stickers. The photos are printed using a technique called "dye sublimation" (AKA "dye diffusion") which melts a powder into the paper, then laminates over the top. This makes for a great, water- and UV-proof photo (unlike inkjet printing). I realise both those labels look like they have transparent areas, but they don't. I just tried to match colours with the colour of the pedals themselves.

Unfortunately the printed photos are small. The black label you see on the Phasalicious is the entire size of the photo. I would love to have made that one bigger.

Also, unfortunately for me, that printer is a prototype and the paper had to be custom-made. I only have about 10 stickers left, then I'll have to look at those water-slide thingies, which I've never used before. I'm not even sure if I will be able to find them locally.

Incidentally, a lot of people here seem to like the calibrated dial around the knob in the Volumizer. You can actually buy these surrounds in electronics shops here in Taipei. I'll see if I can buy a few different ones and post a pic for you all to see. I basically found that particular surround, really liked it, and designed the rest of the Volumizer decoration around it.

John Lyons

Andy
Are you stripping the cloth off wire or cutting and pushing it back?
It's hard to keep away from some fraying...just though I'd ask...

Looks nice.

john
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

solderman

Hi all

I just love to surf around this thread an to see such fantasy and grate graphic skills, and buildingskills too.
Instead of posting my images here I link to my site instead. choose to go there if you want to.

http://www.soldersound.com

//Solderman   
The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

~arph

Hi Andy,

Looking great! but the sound  reminds me of a fuzz factory (slightly misbiased) Any chance of still getting one like this: (reply: #6172)

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=36392.msg552272#msg552272

On page 309. I still like that one the best, sadly the soundclip is gone now.  :(

rnfr

Quote from: andrew_k on September 03, 2008, 04:55:50 AM

ADA Flanger

Thanks to all the members who contributed to the ada flanger project, and especially to Stephen Giles, flo and slacker for their help debugging this one  :D

this looks amazing!  how did you do it?

ambulancevoice

andy, great fuzz!, not your best though imo
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money