SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

birt

Quote from: silverflame44 on September 25, 2008, 12:04:18 AM
Thanks Boogdish!

The finish is actually just a toner transfer =P  I used a magazine page and printed my decal i made in photoshop and then ironed it on and clear coated.  Parts of the toner came off but i kinda like it that way.  thanks for the compliments =] =] =]

--Eric

i have used the same technique too. i love it! and you can play around with it too. like printing it twice on the same paper so you have more toner. and if the paper is really stuck to the pedal after ironing ut the whole thing in water until it comes off.

i'm experimenting too see what more possibilities there are with this technique
http://www.last.fm/user/birt/
visit http://www.effectsdatabase.com for info on (allmost) every effect in the world!

Hanglow

Really dull loooking Landgraff Dynamic Overdrive clone, sans knobs. I don't know why I put the switch down there, I'm sure I had a good reason to at the time  ???  The enclosure was reduced in maplin to half price due to some scratches and marks on it.  Nice sounding tubescreamer clone

The French connection

Quote from: MikeH on September 24, 2008, 11:12:13 PM
Some of my recent builds:
Maestro FSH1 with some other goodies inside (lets just say there's a bunch of 555s in there.  I really wanted this one to look like a 70's doomsday device.  Red! Red! Red!

I was on a twin pedal kick:  RM Octave Fuzz and Blue Box w/ switchable Red Ranger, Pulsar and Phase 90 w/ Purple Peaker, and Highway 89 and BSIABII.  Initially (on the breadboard) I though the Hwy 89 and BSIAB sounded a lot more different than they actually do.  I'll probably end up replacing the Hwy 89 with something crunchier.

Klon clone- my first stab at etching an enclosure.  I knew it would probably come out looking like crap, so I went ahead and just made sure it looked really rough.  And also a Fuzz Factory clone.

Green ringer (eyes light up!), Rebote/CE-2 (middle switch is momentary for infinite repeats), and a microamp w/ master vol in a spiffy enclosure I bought from Dragonfly.

Wow! Nice stuff! You've been hiden in a cavern lately... :) The green ringer and the etched ''Clown'' are really cool. Good style! I found some toggle to much near the stomp but it's not everybody that jump on stage.  :D

Dan
I know, but the pedal i built does not boost...it just increases volume!
My picture files:
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/French+connection/
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z4/letournd/Pedal/

Dragonfly

Black pearl MOTO !

I'm gonna change the washer to a chrome one (to match the trim) as soon as I find them...they're still packed away in a box somewhere !

Would go nicely with THIS, me thinks....

;D

Hanglow

That is really great  :o . Would be even better if you could weld/stick the tag strip instead of using bolts

John Lyons

Paint

Chemical staining

EDIT: Of course you then have the actual rusted metal look.

Great minds think alike.  :icon_biggrin:

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

ubersam

The chemical stain looks interesting. Can you tell us about the process?

John Lyons

Sam
Search for copper plating and john Lyons in the advanced search and you will get a post or two on it with the details.
It's a pain in the ass to do and the results are not repeatable/predictable mostly.
That pic kind of sucks...snow on the ground and poor lighting...

john

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

caress

not sure if this is more detailed or not, john... the only thing that didn't come out was in the lower right corner "smallsound/bigsound"... not super important, though.

letsgocoyote

Quote from: caress on September 24, 2008, 11:45:39 PM
the tops and bottoms of some fuzzes i'm rolling out... my first silkscreen attempts (not perfect  ::)) as well as some fun and beautiful stamps.

those look awesome, i love the layout and design and lo fi quality.

ill be silkscreening some pedals very soon too, i hope!  just got the equipment yesterday so right now I am workign on my screens

64fx

Here's my first pedal!  It's a Fuzz Face with the late 60's mod from GGG.  It's wired positive ground, and the silicon transistors are in it until the germaniums arrive.  I had a ton of help from my friend Phillip who is also on this board.

I've run into a few issues with the sound that I'll post here if you don't mind, but I'll also look around on the board to try to find an answer.
Issue 1:  The fuzz doesn't get fuzzy until the knob is at 3:00.
Issue 2:  This may not be an issue, but is the bias knob supposed to be REALLY subtle, or do I have something wrong?

Thanks for all of the great pictures and inspiration on here!
Daniel

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3037/2887646129_440dff43d5.jpg?v=0

kurtlives

Daniel great looking build!

Once you get your germanium transistors things should work like expected. You cant just swap Si and Ge.... simple put.
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

64fx

Thanks a bunch!

I have another question...can you tell me how to get my picture to show up in my post?  I've read the post on how to insert photos, but it doesn't seem to be working for me.

Thanks,
d

The French connection

Quote from: 64fx on September 25, 2008, 04:55:29 PM
Thanks a bunch!

I have another question...can you tell me how to get my picture to show up in my post?  I've read the post on how to insert photos, but it doesn't seem to be working for me.

Thanks,
d

Hi!
when you are typing in a reply hit the picture frame icon (second column 2nd button) and then paste the picture address in the middle
...nice build BTW!

DAn
I know, but the pedal i built does not boost...it just increases volume!
My picture files:
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/French+connection/
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z4/letournd/Pedal/

64fx

Thanks for the help and the kind words!

I'll try it again to save everyone from having to click the link.

kurtlives

^Can you explain how the contour works? Do you like it?
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

64fx

I can't explain how it works, but I like it!    ;D  It kind of sounds like a tone knob to me.  The more I turn it clockwise the brighter it gets.  I just finished it up last night, so I haven't gotten to spend a lot of time with it to know exactly what it does, but this is just my initial impression.  I'm sure I can tell more when I get the germaniums in too.  As I said in my earlier post, the bias knob doesn't seem to do anything.  I'm anxious to check it out when I swap the transistors.

BINGEWOOD

Messing around with etching from pictures.  Sorry for the low quality laptop cam pict, it's all I have here right now.

andrew_k

There is so much  :o :o :o in the last two pages of this thread.

rnfr

Quote from: BINGEWOOD on September 25, 2008, 07:04:13 PM
Messing around with etching from pictures.  Sorry for the low quality laptop cam pict, it's all I have here right now.

i love how these look. reminds me of block prints.  how did you get the photos transferred for etching?