News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir_Ian

May I ask.....What are all those extra knobs on that nice shiney guitar for. My guess would be for effects. You said it was for a friend who plays in a Muse tribute band, and I think Matt Bellamy has built in effects...am I right? or wrong?

and very nice work by the way. very nice.
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.

jacobyjd

Warsaw, Indiana's poetic love rock band: http://www.bellwethermusic.net

Renegadrian

naaaa, you ain't good (or bad) enough for hair metal...
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

MarcoMike

On "my" guitar the knobs and switches are: a Fuzz "Farm", series-parallel pickups switch and a kill switch.

on the other one posted right after it seems there is a lot more stuff... :icon_frown: I'm so envious...
Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible.

Franky

Fuzz Fire (Factory modded for integration), killerswitch, bypass switch for the fuzz, and power switch. And obviously all the classic stuff.

Pretty like the classic Manson guitars..

John Lyons

B          L          U          E           B         O          A         R         D        S

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

g.

ooohh John, blue mojo !

my latest project : ECC88 preamp, DI

g.

Not really a stompbox, but a great instrument DI :-)

Tube Mic preamp + instrument DI
based on 417A tube (5842)

Filament

Quote from: John Lyons on October 01, 2008, 11:54:00 PM

B          L          U          E           B         O          A         R         D        S

This picture fills me with a number of powerful emotions...is it wrong to want to roll around in a big pile of PCBs instead of money or women?  There's something wrong with me on a real basic level.
This is not my large automobile

DougH

Quote from: Dragonfly on September 25, 2008, 09:12:18 AM
Black pearl MOTO !

I'm gonna change the washer to a chrome one (to match the trim) as soon as I find them...they're still packed away in a box somewhere !

Would go nicely with THIS, me thinks....

;D

That looks awesome, Andy! Really awesome... What is that you have running around the edge? I love the "3-d-ness" of it. Almost looks like a kitchen appliance from the 50's or something. :icon_wink:
"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."

gutsofgold

John I have to ask since your boards always look so perfect, do you even use the PNP/Photo paper method?

John Lyons

I use photo paper. I can't afford Press and peel blue. Although the blue would work with my theme... :icon_wink:
If it was less expensive it sure would same me some time!

Filament. Sometimes I feel that I'm drowning in PCBs, but yeah..."shower me with circuit boards"...ha ha !

john

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

liddokun

John, your boards always look great.  If my boards looked half as great as yours, I'd be happy.  I guess practice makes perfect, eh?
To those about to rock, we salute you.

Barcode80

Quote from: John Lyons on October 02, 2008, 12:31:51 PM

I use photo paper. I can't afford Press and peel blue. Although the blue would work with my theme... :icon_wink:
If it was less expensive it sure would same me some time!

Filament. Sometimes I feel that I'm drowning in PCBs, but yeah..."shower me with circuit boards"...ha ha !

john

hey john, i know you use a table saw, what kind?

kurtlives

Delay I just finished.

My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

yeeshkul

John, did you paint the pedal next to the boards (great job on the PCBs by the way)? Is there any thread on this vintage looking paint? Wanna house my TB in that  :icon_twisted:!

John Lyons

Quote from: Barcode80 on October 02, 2008, 09:40:59 PM
Quote from: John Lyons on October 02, 2008, 12:31:51 PM
hey john, i know you use a table saw, what kind?

I use a cheapie $300 Delta 10" table saw for cutting the main boards.
I cut the boards apart with hand shears and then use a 12" disk sander to final trim
the boards. Much safer!!!

Yes, I painted the box in the pic with the boards. It just comes out of a can like that mostly.
There are some secrets to get it to work well but I need to keep those for myself.

Check out this particularly nice one.

John

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

frank_p

Quote from: John Lyons on October 02, 2008, 11:40:35 PM
[/center]

Wow John this is pretty elegant.  Look like leather with depth.  Really nice looking one.  Like it a lot.  :o

yeeshkul

"There are some secrets to get it to work well but I need to keep those for myself. "

sure John, i understand :)

davent

Quote from: gutsofgold on October 02, 2008, 09:15:19 AM

John I have to ask since your boards always look so perfect, do you even use the PNP/Photo paper method?

John is the  "Master of  Toner Transfer" with much to teach us. He's got a very helpful tutorial on PCB making  here. http://www.mrdwab.com/john/How-to-make-PCBs.html

Take care
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg